Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Two best sides in the league, and it'll be a surprise if they aren't  the two automatically promoted in the end.  Frankly 13 wins in 14 probably flattered us a little, but there's no shame in losing a tight match to a strong opponent.

Disagree I think you will find Ipswich are equally as adept they don’t have the depth in squad however they are tactically coached fantastically and the team spirit and athleticism will match both us and Leeds - I would still keep an eye on Boro and think we will need to play at a higher level than we are doing to maintain an automatic spot - we have the best squad although we may lack a creative midfielder but if Praet and Ndidi were fit we would have more options - I still worry about strikers as to me Vardy and Kel don’t quite look right - one might be suffering because of lack of creativity the other just looks off it !

• Like 1

Leeds were average and did a job on us. like all the other teams at the KP they defended deep and we couldn’t break them down.

we lost this game because they had a good deep block against us not because they outplayed us.

It’s only our second loss, both at home, but I hope we continue to work hard at creating chances against teams defending deep because 1 shot on target isn’t good enough.

They prevented us passing into HW and RP from the back which completely threw us. I was surprised KDH and CC didn't show more to create the outlet. That was the issue at the start of each half. Also, I don't understand why players run into the channel behind full backs when our wingers are 1v1 all the time, it cuts off going on the outside.

However, I am absolutely loving Enzo and what is happening at the club. We will canter to the league, playing a new style of play, importantly getting better at it so it works against good teams.

For most teams we play setting up with only 3 forward players will be enough, but against teams like last night, especially at home we need to attack more. Leeds setup with 2 wingers and 2 strikers away from home, we only had 1 striker and 2 wingers. If you neutralise out number 8s, then we're pretty easy to defend against 

Still abit annoyed by this but we are never going to win every game so it’s how we bounce back again that matters now. Leeds obviously one of the better sides in the league but are beatable and we made it far to easy for them . Still a good cushion between us and leeds but need to sort ourselves out. Get to Jan with a big cushion on 3rd and get a few more players in we will be ok. Kdh needs some competition, good player when he is on it but can go missing at times and can’t rely on winks to run the whole midfield every week. Hopefully cannon is available soon never seen him play but might give us something different to vardy and nacho 

It saddens and surprises me to say this. But our strikers / attack has by far been the weakest aspect of our season. On paper we are flush with strike power. But in reality, I don't feel Vards or Nacho have remotely stood out in any game. I'm really keen to see Daka and Cannon get a run. As the other 2 aren't currently justifying their healthy salary. Tight games require your strikers to produce moments and hopefully goals. 

Weird one that. I was concerned beforehand as we haven’t been properly on it for the last two games, but other than the first ten minutes, which I put down to Leeds being super fired up, we looked good first half. I went to get a beer at half-time and thought “Leeds aren’t all that, we’ll get the breakthrough soon”.

But the second half was a different story. They made a tactical change that we just didn’t respond to until it was too late.  Many minutes passed where it didn’t look like we were one down at home against promotion rivals. We just didn’t get anything going, or look like we were trying to.

Still, they hardly tore us a new one. They could have easily not scored for the whole match, despite their highly celebrated front line. And, we had the two closest attempts that didn’t go in.  

If we had responded to their changes after half time, and created more, I think we win that one. The puzzle is why we didn’t - but I’m confident Enzo will figure it out.

I’m putting it down as a chance for the players and manager to learn and develop, in preparation for the rest of the season.  We won’t win every game but there’s different ways of losing and I’m OK with this one. This loss is also potentially useful from a psychological perspective.  We can probably take more from that than another win, considering we’re still developing a new system and have a manager in his first role as manager.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It saddens and surprises me to say this. But our strikers / attack has by far been the weakest aspect of our season. On paper we are flush with strike power. But in reality, I don't feel Vards or Nacho have remotely stood out in any game. I'm really keen to see Daka and Cannon get a run. As the other 2 aren't currently justifying their healthy salary. Tight games require your strikers to produce moments and hopefully goals. 

My opinion is, it’s not the strikers that are the issue, it’s the two high 8’s that are the problem. 

KDH, Casadei, Wilf and co just aren’t having enough of an impact. This is where we’re being let down. KDH has been gash, he would be much better playing a deeper role, but that role is Winks’ so where does he play? 

We miss a creative player in that role, it might improve with Praet or Akgun in there. I like Akgun in that position, but it’s all about if they can stay fit. 

If we sort that area of the pitch out we will be a proper force. I think that’s what’s letting us down at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Possibly. Even more strange that he was still on the pitch at full time in which case. First game where you'd say Enzo has made a few mistakes.

Felt similar against Sunderland. You could see the wingers stopped adding pace and directness, yet neither were changed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

My opinion is, it’s not the strikers that are the issue, it’s the two high 8’s that are the problem. 

KDH, Casadei, Wilf and co just aren’t having enough of an impact. This is where we’re being let down. KDH has been gash, he would be much better playing a deeper role, but that role is Winks’ so where does he play? 

We miss a creative player in that role, it might improve with Praet or Akgun in there. I like Akgun in that position, but it’s all about if they can stay fit. 

If we sort that area of the pitch out we will be a proper force. I think that’s what’s letting us down at the moment. 

Definitely. The whole point of the striker coming deep is to pull the defence out and the two 8's move into the space behind him. Didn't see it happen once last night (hasn't happened much at sll this season if im honest), just seeing players in the box when we had it in the wing would've been nice, too many were waiting at the edge rather than making the run.

5 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Weird one that. I was concerned beforehand as we haven’t been properly on it for the last two games, but other than the first ten minutes, which I put down to Leeds being super fired up, we looked good first half. I went to get a beer at half-time and thought “Leeds aren’t all that, we’ll get the breakthrough soon”.

But the second half was a different story. They made a tactical change that we just didn’t respond to until it was too late.  Many minutes passed where it didn’t look like we were one down at home against promotion rivals. We just didn’t get anything going, or look like we were trying to.

Still, they hardly tore us a new one. They could have easily not scored for the whole match, despite their highly celebrated front line. And, we had the two closest attempts that didn’t go in.  

If we had responded to their changes after half time, and created more, I think we win that one. The puzzle is why we didn’t - but I’m confident Enzo will figure it out.

I’m putting it down as a chance for the players and manager to learn and develop, in preparation for the rest of the season.  We won’t win every game but there’s different ways of losing and I’m OK with this one. This loss is also potentially useful from a psychological perspective.  We can probably take more from that than another win, considering we’re still developing a new system and have a manager in his first role as manager.

I think this is correct, especially your last point. Enzo tends to learn from these loses. Like you say you learn a lot more from loses than wins. Constant wins just paper over the cracks, defeats expose them. 

Big game next week, so a chance to put it right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don't disagree with you re attacking mids. But I still think the strikers have, for all their talent, been very average.