Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't disagree with you re attacking mids. But I still think the strikers have, for all their talent, been very average. 

They have, but the 8’s are supposed to be the runners and creators to enable the strikers to only drop in to create a passing angle. At times we’ve had Vardy and Kelch drop as far as the half way line. That position isn’t functioning and which is going to have an impact on the strikers. A bit more productivity in this area would help them no end. 

KDH progresses the ball into the final third well, but it's that last progressive pass we're missing from our 8's and Wingers.

Our wingers spent most of the time passing between themselves rather than many incisive passes into the box. This could be due to us having no one in there. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

KDH progresses the ball into the final third well, but it's that last progressive pass we're missing from our 8's and Wingers.

Our wingers spent most of the time passing between themselves rather than many incisive passes into the box. This could be due to us having no one in there. 

We transition great into the oppos third. And then it all slows down. KDH wasn't good last night. But I can't remember anyone threading a final pass that created a guilt edged chance. 

Weird performance from our strikers and I'm assuming it was intentional. Time in the second half where Iheanacho was infront of the defence and Winks was making the run past the last man. 

It really was a Rodgers like Premier League performance last night, and a lesson for Enzo how he needs to adapt and have other plans. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We transition great into the oppos third. And then it all slows down. KDH wasn't good last night. But I can't remember anyone threading a final pass that created a guilt edged chance. 

Probably didn't help our striker in both halves was dropping so deep. 

They seemed very static in the final third again. 

35 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

We can probably take more from that than another win, considering we’re still developing a new system and have a manager in his first role as manager.

.. this was his second stint as a manager, last night's game was the most games he had managed at one club!!!

The 14 games at Parma then being sacked was his only foray into first team management. This game threw up question marks about him for the first time, he seemed to have constant conversations with his staff and not taking the inniative to implement his own ideas.

Not too sure why only two subs, why Fatawu was kept on, or not switched and McAteer not coming on sooner, Why didn't we go long at the start to give Leeds something to worry about, they had a full press on,  we should have taken advantage. 

15 games 13 wins and people are using words like abysmal and terrible. We lost 1-0 not 5-0. It was a close game between probably the best two sides in the league. Our trouble tonight was Justin and Casadei stood out massively as not being good enough on the ball to play the way we want. Casadei has been disappointing to say the least, but he's still learning the game, but thought missing Wilf would be big and we are actually missing Doyle as a left footer in the backline. No panic stations though still in a wonderful position.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Leeds were average and did a job on us. like all the other teams at the KP they defended deep and we couldn’t break them down.

we lost this game because they had a good deep block against us not because they outplayed us.

It’s only our second loss, both at home, but I hope we continue to work hard at creating chances against teams defending deep because 1 shot on target isn’t good enough.

I'm sorry but that's an awful assessment of the game.

Leeds took the game to Leicester and it was only after the goal that the defence went deeper.  That's just a brilliant gameplan, perfectly executed.

Leeds were the more aggressive attacking team for most of that match. 

Edited by Pub breath

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. this was his second stint as a manager, last night's game was the most games he had managed at one club!!!

The 14 games at Parma then being sacked was his only foray into first team management. This game threw up question marks about him for the first time, he seemed to have constant conversations with his staff and not taking the inniative to implement his own ideas.

Not too sure why only two subs, why Fatawu was kept on, or not switched and McAteer not coming on sooner, Why didn't we go long at the start to give Leeds something to worry about, they had a full press on,  we should have taken advantage. 

Agree with the fact Abdul looked wasted on about 70 and wasn't taking in his man, needed Kasey or Daka to come on. But then Abdul did create the KDH chance at the end..

Not our night. Leeds deserved it.

Not that surprised at the result, we've not been at our best for a few weeks, I think our level dipped slightly against Sunderland and QPR. We won both games but we weren't at our best.

I think we need to get some of our injured players back. Cannon, Akgun and Ndidi.

Vardy and Casadei were absolute rubbish last night to be honest. Don't really want to see either of them starting against Boro.

Having slept on it, it was a lazy performance. Thought we could do over one of the best teams in the league without trying to win it. Leeds had no intention of parking the bus and we fell completely into their trap. We couldn't cope.

• Like 1

Disappointing result and performance no doubt but let's not spiral lads. Imagine before the season started somebody showed you the results from our first 15 games, you'd have snapped their hands off. It's healthy to face some adversity, will stop us being complacent 

• Like 2

has the over reaction stopped yet?

its one of them games, as i said last night still think neither deserved to win, but leeds took their golden chance but thats football in a nutshell; i dont think we played poor but i didnt think we played well either, was a meh-alright performances

cant remember who said it but you learn more from a loss than a win, and hopefully Enzo and the players will learn from it

odd feeling Birmingham might win today mind....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Leeds were average and did a job on us. like all the other teams at the KP they defended deep and we couldn’t break them down.

we lost this game because they had a good deep block against us not because they outplayed us.

It’s only our second loss, both at home, but I hope we continue to work hard at creating chances against teams defending deep because 1 shot on target isn’t good enough.

Eh? 

I think you're confusing low block with defending well. Their enterprising spirit and high press deservedly won them the game. They were also very tight at the back. You want low block, think Huddersfield under Warnock last August, or Stoke City 

I think after last night visiting teams will be more inclined to take the game to us. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, southfox66 said:

I think we have become too predictable we mess about too much at the back, possession is one thing but if it doesn't convert into meaningful attacking play, what is the point. I feel tonight has been an eye opener given the quality we have on paper we still should able to find ways to beat teams like Leeds but they could have beaten us 3 0 tonight. Other teams will be looking at tonight game and thinking we are beatable, if you close us down, beat us to the challenge and break out on us.

...I think you will find that they knew that before the game has started!!!

The Liverpool game had bigger consequences that was realised.

Pretty much the blueprint of how to approach our games. I really can't see teams sitting off now, they are going to press us high up the pitch and shut up shop should they go ahead, then play on the counter. 

We need to dissuade teams from thinking this way, by being more clinical upfront.