Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

To be fair we’re riding high and doing well. Last night should not derail us. However, Enzo ball won’t save us in the Prem unless we somehow muster a starting 11 not too far off Man City’s. That won’t happen. 

We are better than most in the Championship, it’s just a fact. So we can get away with it. 

Burnley were better than all of them but standard so low that they only lost  3   and so far dreadful  in the 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If Fatawu's shot that hit the crossbar went in, reckon would've scored another one at some point and pass the ball around to wound down the clock.

Leed's play was pretty impressive at times.

We  tend to  only have a few shots   regardless of possession and expect them to go in  2 yesterday one hit the bar and the other was a miraculous   save  which could have been a 2-1 win  but surely a few more speculative   shots   would help 

Just now, foxgas said:

Vardy of old would have prospered with wingers putting balls in at pace but last night his positional play looked poor. He seemed to keep getting in the way in midfield, often losing the ball, instead of being there for crosses from the wingers. Ieanacho also plays too deep to be effective with wingers. If we can't get Cannon fit surely Daka should be given a start, at least he has the pace to be there when it matters.

Vardy of old was very effective wandering out to receive long balls on the wing, too.  It would be interesting if he did that still, interchanging occasionally and dynamically with our wingers, giving defenders an extra dimension to think about and pulling them out of position.  Maresca's style is much more rigid with the positioning of the 2 wingers.

Having pacy wingers (at last) lends itself to a more fluid attacking style so I feel we are missing a trick here.  This idea relies on Vardy still having that pace and verve of old, though, and I fear he may have lost a little of it now.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

image.thumb.png.8bbd8ddea276e889c4bb5da00bd09e69.png

I thought also championship refs had the App,

on their watches to prove over the line incidents.

At the time,I didn’t think it was in…

plus this angle proves nothing…

Its not has though the FL,doesn’t have the financial rescources,to support

Goal-line technology..

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Goal-line technology..

The Championship does have goal-line technology and the 1st thing the ref did was check his watch

It's probably been mentioned already, but while this was a v impressive result for Leeds and a decent performance, they haven't got anything like the consistency we have. They'll win a game like this then go and lose at Stoke, or drop points against Sheff Weds. Absolutely wouldn't surprise me if they slip up at Plymouth or Rotherham - they seem to be able to get motivated for the big games, but come unstuck against smaller sides.

First time this season we didn’t look to have a plan B, pegged back for the first 20 mins. Vardy dropping so deep it was embarrassing then for Nacho to come on and do the same so it’s definitely under instruction. 4-4-2 would of giving more balance. Forget about it the season starts again Saturday for us 11 points clear of 3rd. 👌🏻

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We didn't seem to be able to man-mark the Leeds player Summerville and he had alot of play

...it was as if we were made for Leeds!!!

Their forward line is pretty impressive and needed to be watched all the time, we were reluctant it seemed to commit too much and take our eyes off the threat that they posed in the transition. Not giving the support to the wingers or at least being an option, choked off a lot of the threat we normally posed other teams. It was noticeable that our best moment led to them getting in on goal, where Faes came and put in the tackle of the season to prevent them from scoring.

Perhaps a team with a conventional style might be their downfall, there will be 2 fullbacks always in place and it will be how their forward line deal with being restricted by defenders who are a constant presence when they have the ball.

• Like 1

Did like Summerviile - technical, clean footwork, very quick on the ball and seems to know when and where to attack space. Drifted inside often. Hamza should probably have been on him from the start and with Ndidi we'd have been more solid anyway.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 09:22, deep blue said:

Wow.  Impossible to see whether it was behind the line from that angle, but a VAR view would have been interesting.  

On 05/11/2023 at 13:05, fuchsntf said:

Goal-line technology..

sky showed it on the goal line decision system at some point - ball was bang on the line. half a ball away from being completely over the line. 

Yeah feel like it's the first game this season where Enzo got it wrong. 

• The high press seemed to surprise us in the first 15 mins - not sure why!?
  • We essentially lost the game by starting the first 15 mins of the 2nd half in the exact same way
  • Choudhury for Casadei with Ricardo moving up should have happened far sooner
  • We'd been outfought for much of the game so 2 subs only when Leeds made all 5 was odd
  • Another game where we played Nacho and Vardy in the wrong order
  • Like 1