Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

Guest Kopfkino

A 0-0 game that where theyve just got the luck of the bounce. They were the better team though and for me the loss is entirely on Maresca. 

Southampton showed how to play against these. Just skip the press and we had the tools to do it, push Casadei on and bring Mavididi narrow. Gave them the impetus in the first 2 minutes and we could have been there all week and not scored.

Still some sight seeing a team celebrate as if they’ve won the damn thing for managing to close the gap to 11 points. Small time.

Just now, Bryn said:

Outfought and outfoxed, we need to learn from this and press on.

Some individuals were really not good enough tonight. Justin,  Casadei, KDH, Vardy and Iheanacho all extremely poor and 4 of those are squad leaders, they were not good enough.

Club legend and all that but Vardy was absolutely pathetic tonight. Shoved off the ball in terrible area’s, ultimately leading to the winning goal. 

• Like 2

Leeds exposed the fact that we have players that aren’t comfortable when pressed.

We will still get promoted, however it proves what I sort of knew, we have quite a few players that will need replacing.

The midfield was non existent Winks aside.

Vardy was a 1/10 when he was on the pitch but Iheanacho was somehow worse.

You can’t take anything from the defence really, as the lack of midfield cost us that game, like it did countless times last season. 

• Like 2

wo6UHc4.png

Stats confirm a pretty comprehensive loss. I don't think we were terrible, but it's a shame that after going behind, we never really tested their keeper till right at the end.

I feel like we lost the game in the first 15 minutes of the second half. Too lethargic and wingers isolated during that spell. We only got going because Leeds got ahead and switched to player the counter attack. I think we really missed Ndidi tonight, Casadei not quite ready for these big matches yet.

• Like 2

Leeds are a good squad.  We weren't outplayed, but they hung with us at almost every level.

Their press was really good, and the went forward with hunger.

It just took that one unlucky rebound, and a worldie save by Meslier to do us in.

Still 11 points between us and third.

Thought we’d lose tonight.

We’ve had a couple of dodgy performances, but managed to win.

They were going into  the game with momentum after their last game and needed it more than we did.

We need to get the injured players back, reflect and then go again. 

That was disappointing.. couldn't find a way through but great to see Mavididi's game evolving, being less selfish and trying to create more chances. If Fatawu scores that wonder strike its a different story but if my uncle was my aunt blah de blah... Out biggest test so far and I really wanted us to batter them and carry on the run! ah well.. I am crying into my Brucciani's..