Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

well..trying to put some balance on a shite evening...

Enzo warned that defeats would inevitable come, and it came to a really good side. So not the end of the world by any means.

But...

It is the manner of the defeat that worries, coming as it did after unexpectedly poor performances against Sunderland and QPR. To lose to a good side is one thing but to have no shots on target is quite another.

Lots for Enzo to think about

• Like 3

Kinda satisfying to see after the smugness ive been having to read this week.

Since Swansea we've been very flat.

Dont think it changes much, we've got so much quality that we've proved we don't need to play well to pick up points.

As long as the majority of the squad stays fit we will go up. We need a hell of a good summer in the transfer market if we don't want to humiliate ourselves next season though.

Blackburn, Sunderland and Leeds that have ran a train over us now.

Fair play to Leeds and Farke. Very good.

• Like 1

Leeds were better from the off. Started the second half in almost total control. We had too

many passengers tonight. Vardy did absolutely nothing and Casadei was worse. KDH anonymous until the last 20. Thought Choudhury was brilliant when he came on. Pinged passes, made some impeccable tackles and showed the sort of pace and desire we need. 

Despite all of that thought, but for a wonder save and the bar, we could have got something. A lesson certainly, but not a disaster. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

More annoyed that every where you look for the next week is how every Leeds player is the best in the world and should be 10 points above us now just because they beat us. Shite goal to concede. To slow at times and need to do better going forward . Ugh at least still 11 points clear of 3rd 

Let Leeds have the attention. 

As much as our run has been brilliant I'm pretty tired of the press bigging us up, it's not our way and it's added pressure we would be better off trying to avoid.

Let the press wank one out over Leeds for a bit. We will get it right again behind the scenes and move on.

Edited by SecretPro

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Leeds will win the championship.

Were far the better team, McAteer should've replaced Casadei (****ing waste of time he is) at half time.

Saying that, still an 11 point gap and we play them again after the window, where hopefully we've strengthened.

Up the citehhhhh.

Ps. 3-0 W next week vs Middlesborough

Hahahahahahaha my god 

• Haha 1

Glad to get that 1 out the way. Never felt like we'd win this, it was just more important for Leeds, fair play to them in their cup final.

As for us. I think 3 relatively poor games in a row now, 2 of which our superior players saw us through. Not a fan of how deep the strikers are getting, seems to be even moreso recently.

Don't want to be too harsh, onto the next.

Crap for 90mins. Abdul could've had a wonder goal. They're celebrating like arsenal did when we won the prem. Still 11 clear... although I do fear this result will set them on a winning streak now 

Defeats been coming.. rode our luck a lot lately 

They have best squad in the league.. hopefully we bounce back against boro and go on another streak. 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Can we stop talking about breaking records now and live in reality?

It's still looking good, obviously, but I'd snap your hand off for 2nd place and promotion.

Thats all that matters.

Exactly this.

Breaking records, beating QPR 6-0 etc has made us sound like entitled fans which we’re not normally.

A bad day at the office as would say most players put in 5/10 performances tonight bar Ricky P (maybe Winks) but the lack of composure in the final 3rd was a worry.

Farke realised quickly our threat was from out wide so doubled up on them and Abdul floating a pointless cross for the 10th time starting to wind me up (I’m a big fan of his).

Hopefully the players use this as motivation to kick on.

A HUGE game against Boro now.

I only watched from 60 minutes, I thought it was OK but we were just 5%-10% off it which you can probably get away with against maybe 18 teams in this league. We need 4 players, 2xcb, a CM and a striker, I hope this may help top and the board realise that, the goal is a poor one to concede, an while I love KDH and Choudarys fire neither can pick a pass In a tight area, Winks is a great addition. Nacho was just a bit slow and clumsy like he can be, he isn't a top10 premiership striker, as much as I love him, I still think we will be more consistent than Leeds over this season.

Meh.

Not that bothered about that, apart from some technical points of view (shooting, giving the ball away so much) - let's be honest this was a must win for Leeds, that still leaves them miles behind us.

We didn't play well and the goal was a touch fortuitous, if that is leeds putting in their best performance then I'm not too concerned about them.

Building up to the game I kind of expected this to be a loss - what with all the records there to be broken - i just expected us to be a bit more disciplined, and to be a bit more adventurous (which i feel we have failed to be in several games just lately), we showed last twenty minutes that Leeds weren't up to much defensively, but by then it was too late, if only we'd attacked them that way at 0-0.

My faith in this team and enzo hasn't diminished but i'm beginning to sense a little complaisance creeping in.  

****ing rubbish. And I did expect it. 

Leeds looked better tonight, quicker, stronger, more aggressive and cuter tactics. To be fair it’s better than I thought, I thought that we would get a bit of a pasting largely due to their pace. 

Tonight sucked bollocks, they’re a team that we just won’t beat in this current set up.

The start of the season has been bizarre, have we largely been lucky? Or is it that we’re just able to beat worse sides? I don’t know but there’s still definitely about us that’s off, there’s still a weakness and tonight Leeds succeeded where Sunderland failed. 

My only hope is that we don’t let this impact us, and we get over it quickly. 

****ing pissed off though…. Especially when I’ve had Leeds fans telling me all week this would happen.  

Thank **** we’re so far ahead.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can we stop talking about breaking records now and live in reality?

It's still looking good, obviously, but I'd snap your hand off for 2nd place and promotion.

Thats all that matters.

This.

1st or 2nd we'll be watching our boys in the top flight next year, and that's all that matters.

Guest Col city fan

We’ve just watched the two best sides in the division by a mile.

Leeds played us like kippers. They had a game plan and stuck to it brilliantly.

Get yer dosh on Leicester to win the league and Leeds second.

Stop all this nonsense about how good Sunderland etc were. Leeds are a cut above