Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

Can't win them all?! We were crap. Again! We'd ridden our luck for two games beforehand, and are starting to look jaded and predictable. Read the warning signs, and improve. Let's not kid ourselves that this is an outlier, nor that we've been at the level over recent weeks. If we're honest about it, and reappraise things, we'll be okay. If we shrug it off as ill-fortune, it'll get a lot worse.

Have you been drinking pal . You ok ?

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kinda satisfying to see after the smugness ive been having to read this week.

Since Swansea we've been very flat.

Dont think it changes much, we've got so much quality that we've proved we don't need to play well to pick up points.

As long as the majority of the squad stays fit we will go up. We need a hell of a good summer in the transfer market if we don't want to humiliate ourselves next season though.

Blackburn, Sunderland and Leeds that have ran a train over us now.

Fair play to Leeds and Farke. Very good.

Can't remember the blackburn game, but both tonight and sunderland we were very sloppy in possession, i felt like a stuck record tonight screaming 'stop giving the ball away' at the screen.

I think it's a team thing but it's no coincidence that we've dropped off since ndidi got injured.

Best side to play us since Sunderland. On another day those post/bar/header went in. Not today. Thought Hamza was awesome and shame he wasn't on earlier. Cassadei finding life difficult at Leicester it seems. Tried hard but outmuscled by a very aggressive Bielsa-esque Leeds.

• Like 3

Lost to the better side tonight but not the better side overall. Keep things in perspective please. We’re 11 points clear of the team in 3rd who just gained 3 points on us. That’s how much better we’ve been. 

We will win this league and it won’t even be close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

One of the flattest performances of the season and only 2 subs made?

...I think the #8 position is a real problem for us!!!

Casadei was off it again tonight, Yunus is more creative and forward-looking, but he is out of the picture. Wilf is out for a time and we do not have the balance in that position.

Fatawu and Mavididi do flatter to deceive, Mavididi struggled against a young 17-year-old, and Fatawu failed to take advantage of a player on an early yellow.

How many times is he going to send a ball over the bar, it happens too often, and it needs to be addressed.

We do have a problem with slow starts in the second half, not sure what we say at half time, but that is something we should have eradicated from our game by now.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

But it kind of was even if not complicated. It obviously wasn't working and nothing was changed for us. They didn't even play that well but had a plan and they probably edged it. We certainly didn't deserve to win. It was an incredibly flat, lethargic and one dimensional performance.

Let's not blow it out of proportion because it's been an incredible start but these are the kind of games that show we need a plan b (even if that is fairly subtle) not so much for this season, but if we hope to compete in the PL next year.

Sometimes you just don't play well.

Incredibly hard to win 10 games on the bounce, win tonight and we match an recorded going back 70 years.

Accept and move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sly said:

KDH struggles when he’s pressed. Clearly evident tonight. 

Extremely poor again tonight. Casadei, Vardy also. 

They came to relentlessly hound us and prevent us from popping it like we are used to and it worked. A solid gameplan and a slightly fortuitous goal secured the 3 points for them. 

We've got to be aware that teams are going to come at us like that all season and be more clinical when the chances come to knock the wind out of their sails and get through the harrying/pressing. 

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Leeds were quicker, stronger, and we couldn’t find a way to deal with it.

Just thought tonight we needed to mix things up but we continued with the slow passing at the back with Vesty trying to pick a pass was all too  predictable.

Totally agree it's all too predictable. I know they're all doing but this sideways passing around at the back does my fecking head in. 

Certainly not going to 'big up' Leeds and the goal was more of us not defending than their creativness. They did have more shots though, especially on target and thats a worry. 

Not sure i even blame Vardy and Nacho so much, as Leeds did a great job of just pushing them out the game. Maybe they could have done more, i dont know. 

Big thing for me is Enzo needs to learn from tonight and have a different gameplan when we come up against a team that plays like Leeds, else we going to be screwed if we get back to the EPL next season. 

• Like 1

Big fan of Enzo but he got that one  wrong. Leeds were hungry from minute one and we were passive and quite frankly lazy. Far too much pratting around at the back and not enough desire going forward. Wingers looked shagged from the 70th minute and needed subbing. Leeds deserved the 3 points.

On a side note, Casadei is so poor. Really struggling to understand what be brings to the team.

We move on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Can't win them all?! We were crap. Again! We'd ridden our luck for two games beforehand, and are starting to look jaded and predictable. Read the warning signs, and improve. Let's not kid ourselves that this is an outlier, nor that we've been at the level over recent weeks. If we're honest about it, and reappraise things, we'll be okay. If we shrug it off as ill-fortune, it'll get a lot worse.

Is that you Brendan?

Leeds the better team and deserved the win

We were going to lose again at some point and I am glad it was at least to a team who deserved it

Been a while since I have thought we didn’t deserve to win a game in the league which is still great to say

Full week off now until Boro, we reacted very well to the last loss and I have full faith we will again

• Like 2