Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Leeds post match thread - 0-1 loss

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

KDH struggles when he’s pressed. Clearly evident tonight. 

Agreed, Our real problem is we need another Maddison type player in Midfield, Someone who is comfortable with the Ball at his feet and happy to beat a man instead of always looking to lay it off. Cassadai on the right was too flat footed and he was also partly responsible for the Goal. 

On a side note, I'm just wondering was there any Sickness in the Squad tonight as we seemed so lack lustred tonight given the importance tonight.

11 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Leeds will win the championship.

Were far the better team, McAteer should've replaced Casadei (****ing waste of time he is) at half time.

Saying that, still an 11 point gap and we play them again after the window, where hopefully we've strengthened.

Up the citehhhhh.

Ps. 3-0 W next week vs Middlesborough

lol

No mate. Have you seen some of Leeds other games? That's the best they've played all season. They're normally pony! 

4 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

Terrible, disjointed performance again. We keep saying wait till we hit our stride but what if this is as good as it gets?

We don't seem to be able to break the press anymore and we have been worked out a little judging by the last 3 games. We are relying on individual brilliance to win games.

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

No. Was quite frustrated after the game and still calming down mate.

My point is, if they play like that, they could easily be up close to us come the end of the season.

And we've been lucky in terms of winning games when we havn't been playing well, unlike Leeds.

But, yes, Leeds were (by far) the better team today. 

I do agree with you, I think man for man on paper Leeds are better than us. 

We will ultimately find out, this one will kick the lads more than Hull, because Leeds are a direct rival, and we’re supposed to be streets ahead of them, and tonight proved that it wasn’t. 

Next game is massive, sounds stupid, but it could define the season, two loses in a row and a few beads of sweat may start to form. 

Nor a good night for us at all tonight.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Abysmal. Can't argue they didn't deserve that, 94 minutes before a shot on target is pathetic. I'd gladly send Casadei back now, he offers nothing 

bit of an over reaction. He had a poor game but so did a few. With Ndidi out for a while and Pratt we’re going to need him.

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

All those shots on target prove it! 

Just seen the goal again.

Vesty, Faes & KDH stand in a line and do not move from the moment the corner is taken until the ball hits the net. They attacked and completely outnumbered us at the near post and then the rebound fell to 1 of 4 Leeds players in the 6 yard box. Not 1 Leicester player followed the ball in, instead they stood in a line nowhere near a single Leeds player 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Casadei has no excuses for that performance, that was just lazy and pointless. On the back of tonight I’d be sending him back to Chelsea. I think he has ability, but tonight was unforgivable. 

He was shocking tonight but I think that's harsh, he's a kid. But he's certainly been our weak link of everyone involved in the first team this season. 

Just now, niyaminski said:

No. Was quite frustrated after the game and still calming down mate.

My point is, if they play like that, they could easily be up close to us come the end of the season.

And we've been lucky in terms of winning games when we havn't been playing well, unlike Leeds.

But, yes, Leeds were (by far) the better team today. 

My point is, for how good Leeds were tonight, they still lost to Stoke last week and have lost 3 and drawn 4 already.

They will have bad days just like we will and so far, they have had many more than us. Every team needs luck too and will scrape wins, Leeds included.

If they were far better, why did they only win 1-0 with a rebounded tap in? Why was a 1-1 inches away at the end with a fantastic save by their keeper? 

I thought Leeds were impressive, but lets not make them out to be world beaters. They didn't steamroll us tonight, they won 1-0. 

We missed N'didi enormously tonight, and Akgun would have been very handy from the bench too. We dust off and move on.

• Like 2

Just now, adamkhalifa said:

Another poor performance. This time we got unstuck by a more energetic, and hungry team.

When we are winning, the system feels great. When we lose, it hurts even more. 

Teams won't just sit back anymore. Time for plan B, I think. 

I honestly think we  could have played another 90 minutes and we wouldn’t have scored. We just don’t commit numbers forward. We don’t play with any urgency in their half. I called jt Rodgers Ball 2.0 on the match thread and that’s how it feels. Like we’ve lost sight of the aim being to score when you have the ball, not just recycle it for the sake of it. I really, didn’t enjoy that. 

• Like 1

I seem to have watched the match on LeedsTV tonight when I thought I had a sky subscription. Man U away levels of pundit masturbation during the game. 
I think a bit of perspective would be beneficial. Even if “Leeds Utd are playing like Leeds Utd” as the commentator bizarrely said at the end of the game they still have to do much better than us over the remainder of the season against the dross that this league is mostly made up of. Even if they are the second coming of Brazil’s greatest team they can only play us once more. We’ll pick up more than enough points against everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

lol

No mate. Have you seen some of Leeds other games? That's the best they've played all season. They're normally pony! 

Like Stoke they did a number on us, but they weren't great. A scrappy goal from a corner. 

We needed fresh wingers on second half, and more bite in midfield.

Can't really argue with 13 wins from 15, plan A is clearly good enough 86% of the time, but today did expose how dogmatic we are. Byram on a booking and getting skinned every time, no desire to get Fatawu driving at him. 1-0 down on 85 minutes, still slow and patient build up play rather than upping the tempo