Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

Just now, sylofox said:

And an extra charge on your rap sheet.

Of course. Years ago one of my oldest friends got pulled and was over the limit roadside but not at the police, so got it away with. 

Another time, a friend had a pint and a half, got pulled over for something to do with his windscreen, got breathalysed and was over the limit. Turns out he was the dregs of his drink over and got done for 9 months. 

It’s just all too much of a risk for the sake of a taxi fare and having to pick up your car the next day, the implications it could potentially have not only yourself, but your family and other people’s family is just catastrophic. 

32 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I completely agree about the car, but what i will say is there is a lot of ignorance about what the limit actually is. I see people on match days getting in their cars after pre match and halftime pints, blissfully unaware that they are very likely over the limit. I bet those same people will think what Hamza has done is outrageous, not realising they are likely doing the same (note, i have no idea if Hamza was smashed or a little over the limit). I was astonished to find out a few months back that a client I had a few beers with drove home (i though he used the train). 

It does boggle my mind why someone who earns more in a week that most do in a year why they would put themselves in that position. Uber isnt even lose change.

He refused to take the breathlyser....he knew! 

23 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I completely agree about the car, but what i will say is there is a lot of ignorance about what the limit actually is. I see people on match days getting in their cars after pre match and halftime pints, blissfully unaware that they are very likely over the limit. I bet those same people will think what Hamza has done is outrageous, not realising they are likely doing the same (note, i have no idea if Hamza was smashed or a little over the limit). I was astonished to find out a few months back that a client I had a few beers with drove home (i though he used the train). 

It does boggle my mind why someone who earns more in a week that most do in a year why they would put themselves in that position. Uber isnt even lose change.

I’m not sure I know what the limit is to be fair but I make a point of never having a drink if I’m driving so I guess I don’t need to :dunno:. I’d certainly make sure I knew if it was inclined to.

I think there’s a figure like an hour for a drink to pass through your system but I don’t know if this is to the point of safe to drive. You also have to take into account your own body I suppose. Someone bigger will probably pass it through quicker but again, maybe that’s wrong! But yeah, the point is, if in doubt, definitely don’t do it!

11 hours ago, Wortho said:

In my opinion he made himself look a bit of a c**t waving a Palestinian flag around in the past. 

Agree, that plus this incident. Won’t be a one-off, it’s a habitual thing is drink-driving.

Get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not sure I know what the limit is to be fair but I make a point of never having a drink if I’m driving so I guess I don’t need to :dunno:. I’d certainly make sure I knew if it was inclined to.

I think there’s a figure like an hour for a drink to pass through your system but I don’t know if this is to the point of safe to drive. You also have to take into account your own body I suppose. Someone bigger will probably pass it through quicker but again, maybe that’s wrong! But yeah, the point is, if in doubt, definitely don’t do it!

I think that's wrong. Though size does make a difference.

I had a friend Breathalysed at 7.30 in the morning on his way to work.

This was in the days when you put your money into the Tolls and drove on. He threw his pound coin into the Basket but missed.

He got out to pick it up and a Policeman came over to him and he was arrested. He was still over the limit from the night before when he had about 10 pints.

He was about 6ft-1 or 2 at the time.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This was in the days when you put your money into the Tolls and drove on. He threw his pound coin into the Basket but missed.

He got out to pick it up and a Policeman came over to him and he was arrested. He was still over the limit from the night before when he had about 10 pints.

Has he grown since.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There is a limit but you don’t have to be over it to be charged to court.

Officers can just go for ‘Unfit’ if they believe ANY amount of drink or drugs has contributed to impairment. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hales said:

He refused to take the breathlyser....he knew! 

Im not saying he didn't, and i have no sympathy for him! More that i know there are plenty of people who will get on their high horse about this who drive over the limit themselves, some knowingly, some not.

Its something i feel quite strongly about. In my late teens i was dating someone whos dad killed a motorcyclist on holiday in southern france. Her dad was over the limit after having a few at lunchtime, and his whole family were hospitalised. The girl I was dating was sent to a different hospital (in france) to the rest of the family as she suffered nasty facial injuries. A horrible episode all round.  All the parents of the other families got on their high horse about it, even though most of them did exactly the same regarding drinking and driving. I couldn't get my head around how they were completely unaware of the double standards. 

A few years ago I was breathalysed by a Gendarme doing a spot check on a country road. I had my wife, kid and grandparents in the car. The Gendarme asked me to get out and take the test by their car. I was clear of course, but the experience would put anyone off thinking of driving near the limit out there, which is far tougher than here.

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Unemotional about it. These lads are kids to me. Difficult to get too atsey about silly behaviour.

Lots of high horse riding on here. Were those of you keen to slaughter Hamza so harsh on Wes, who did the same? 

He’s 26 hardly a lad or kid 

Unless there has been an update recently that I don’t know about…We really need to know more before passing any judgement. Was he like a small amount over the limit and  is this the difference between half a pint too much? Was he 4 times over the limit and asleep at the wheel stopped at traffic lights/ crashed into a wall?

I mean, he was released immediately so we can only assume it was a minor offense.

Thats not to say he hasn’t made a massive error of judgement… but we really need to know more…

This isn't his first rodeo with disciplinary issues. 

It's not like he's absolutely tearing it up on the pitch consistently either. He had what...? Two stand out games in the Premier League? He's a bang average, bit-part Champo player on £50k p/w. 

Let him see out the season then just get rid. Bloke's got room temperature IQ.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is the problem though. It's impossible to actually know id you're over or not unless you breathalyse yourself, and even they aren't particularly accurate. It's something we have a law on that's based on how different bodies react to something.

In an ideal world it would be zero tolerance but that's difficult because alcohol breaks down slowly in people's systems and it is regular for people to have some left in their system the morning after even a couple of drinks.

Because there's a law with a bit of give in it people can legally have a drink and drive; it makes the whole thing less black and white. So, in my opinion there is a huge difference between being slightly over and recklessly driving after more than a couple of pints. I will wait to know more about Choudhury's case before passing more than the judgement I already have.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

This wasn't a remark that deals with teachers exclusively - there are more public sector workers than the education sector.

But, fair enough, I suppose some teachers may not lose their jobs. Although, as far as I'm aware, they do have the strapline in contracts about reputational damage so that would be an objective call based on the morality/ethics of the head teacher. It certainly is a possibility. 

Thanks for explaining what the public sector entails. I’m speaking about something I know well and incidents I dealt with in a senior leadership capacity. But sure, feel free to continue to tell me how you know better what the contracts contain and how the process works. 

Whatever the truth of the story he's been extremely foolish for his own career.  If he's on 50k as reported we're never going to be able to shift him.

The Clubs that can afford it will sign better because they can afford to. Clubs that may want too can't pay him 50k So we're stuck with him.

Clubs have a right to expect certain standards from players they pay so much money too for what is a short career. 

He should keep his head down and work hard to improve his performances therby safeguarding his Salary and Career.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Whatever the truth of the story he's been extremely foolish for his own career.  If he's on 50k as reported we're never going to be able to shift him.

The Clubs that can afford it will sign better because they can afford to. Clubs that may want too can't pay him 50k So we're stuck with him.

Clubs have a right to expect certain standards from players they pay so much money too for what is a short career. 

He should keep his head down and work hard to improve his performances therby safeguarding his Salary and Career.

Where has this 50k figure come from? Or is it from the 'Vardy is on 140k' contract experts? Or even worse from the Metro!

Edited by bmt

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Thanks for explaining what the public sector entails. I’m speaking about something I know well and incidents I dealt with in a senior leadership capacity. But sure, feel free to continue to tell me how you know better what the contracts contain and how the process works. 

Well I felt it necessary to explain what the public sector entails because your response explicitly referenced teachers. You narrowed it down - I said I was speaking broadly.

'But, fair enough' and 'as far as I'm aware' are, in now way, telling you I know better. The contracts contain the reputational damage clause - I know this first hand as I've worked with them before. You aren't the only one with basic life experience in the public sector. You are the only one saying that they know better.

There is documented evidence of teachers losing their jobs over driving convictions. It is objective - the point I'm (finished) making. There is no need to be a condescending dick over it, Daggers, your pointless hostility isn't intimidating to me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unless there has been an update recently that I don’t know about…We really need to know more before passing any judgement. Was he like a small amount over the limit and  is this the difference between half a pint too much? Was he 4 times over the limit and asleep at the wheel stopped at traffic lights/ crashed into a wall?

I mean, he was released immediately so we can only assume it was a minor offense.

Thats not to say he hasn’t made a massive error of judgement… but we really need to know more…

Released quickly or not…. He’s still been charged.