Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Why does the club need to get involved?

Was he still pissed on Monday night then?

What he does outside of his working hours is up to him, but not complying with traffic plod at the scene is very stupid, he deserves a ban as any drink driver does.

It won’t mean a lot to him though as he can afford to have a chauffeur/ private hire at his whim.

Less than 72 hours before a game 

I wonder what the club protocol is on drinking before a match ?

20 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Never been pulled over for drink driving before....

Me neither. Another reason why its hard to judge how someone reacts if its a situation you've never been in?

All im saying is lets find out a few more details first.

I personally don't drink at all... If you don't want to fall off the cliff, stay away from the edge is my personal motto..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not condoning it pal. But I live in the real world...I can assure you many people drive after having had a couple of drinks and/or when they think they are borderline. Few drive when pissed, I grant you that. But pushing your luck is a basic human trait.

But it's silly as in black (looking) lad driving a flash car at 1.15am is far more likely to get you pulled over.  He was asking for trouble. 

Because a lot of people are also stupid and do the same thing is no defence. They aren't pushing their luck. They are putting others at risk because at best a serious lack of judgement or simply arrogant. Put this way if going for their test would they suggest going for a quick pint before.

20 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Decent squad player always does a job. Don’t get all the hate for him he’s Leicester through and through. No brainer giving him a new deal he’s cost us nothing and to get a player like him would cost us 4/5 mil. He’s really not the issue. 

Does what job? Looked absolutely out of his depth at times even when we were half decent in the Premier League. I can remember maybe two really stand out performances, and one of those was only notable because he was playing at CB and dickhead Rodgers patronised him post-match by saying he's the new Mascherano. lol

He's also costing us a LOT, if reports are to be believed. Championship is his level. If we want to make progress in the Premier League (should we go up) we need to be leaving this guy behind - if anyone is willing to take him on his absurd wages, which is unlikely. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Does what job? Looked absolutely out of his depth at times even when we were half decent in the Premier League. I can remember maybe two really stand out performances, and one of those was only notable because he was playing at CB and dickhead Rodgers patronised him post-match by saying he's the new Mascherano. lol

He's also costing us a LOT, if reports are to be believed. Championship is his level. If we want to make progress in the Premier League (should we go up) we need to be leaving this guy behind - if anyone is willing to take him on his absurd wages, which is unlikely. 

We are in the championship you clown. Deal with letting him go if we get up. I’m sure the club know more than you about his ability and what he’s worth.

• Haha 1

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, MPH said:

Is it?

To me, misjudging whether you are half a pint over the limit is very different to being 4 times over the limit.. Whilst both are bad errors, one is an error if judgement, the other is downright neglect and negligence. both should be punishable offenses, but there's a reason why those punishments will have varying degrees of severity...

I mean, its not that hard to understand is it?

I'm just wanting to find out where he sits on the scale of this..

Drink no alcohol = not over the limit...hardly rocket science :wub:.

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

Me neither. Another reason why its hard to judge how someone reacts if its a situation you've never been in?

All im saying is lets find out a few more details first.

I personally don't drink at all... If you don't want to fall off the cliff, stay away from the edge is my personal motto..

Pretty weird to say when it's someone breaking the law, especially in this capacity. Panicking and refusing to give a breath test are not the same thing.

Also, the amount of times I've been drunk never once have I thought about getting being a steering wheel. Shit move and irresponsible move by anybody who does that.

Not sure why people start justifying when it's a footballer. Seperate the footballer from the club you support.

14 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We are in the championship you clown. Deal with letting him go if we get up. I’m sure the club know more than you about his ability and what he’s worth.

Wrong thread 

Edited by Steve_Walsh5

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, MPH said:

thats definitely what i do, but that isnt the legal requirement.

Good man....I think zero tolerance tbh.  For example....my auntie Mary has one glass of sherry a year on Christmas day and is completely off her tits, however I am almost certain she would be under the legal limit.....so don't really buy into someone only having a pint or so too much...its just an opinion which I believe but not saying everyone has to.

18 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

lol

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pretty weird to say when it's someone breaking the law, especially in this capacity. Panicking and refusing to give a breath test are not the same thing.

Also, the amount of times I've been drunk never once have I thought about getting being a steering wheel. Shit move and irresponsible move by anybody who does that.

Not sure why people start justifying when it's a footballer. Seperate the footballer from the club you support.

i'm not sure how else to explain this lol, but there's a difference between knowing you are breaking the law and not realizing it. Its still breaking the law of course but there is a difference between being 4 times over the limit and having half a pint too many. Did he have a cocktail? or two? who asks for the alcohol breakdown of a cocktail they are having?

Its a bit like speeding. I got a speeding ticket once. I went from a 55mph zone straight to a 35 mph zone i was slowing down but not quickly enough. the officer was waiting right at the start of the 35 zone and gave me a ticket for doing 44 in a 35 zone. Was i speeding? yes. did i deserve to get a ticket? technically yes. I didn't argue it. But you can't tell me it should be the same punishment as someone going 80mph in a 40 zone. So was he ' over the limit' yes, should he get done for it? yes., But lets find out exactly what happened first before getting the pitchforks out is all im saying..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well the answer to this should be 'anyone intending to drive afterwards.' Some cocktails have loads of alcohol in 'em.

well that's kind of my point, Some do. Some don't. you just don't know. He should have been more careful, for sure.. We just need more information on what has happened, really...

• Like 1

I don’t know all the ins and outs of what’s happened here, but the predictable self righteous overload is already weighing very heavily on this thread. 

I’m just very frustrated that it’s a distraction we could have well done without when we’re looking at options in the midfield area. Hamza’s never been the solution there, but he might have been part of it with Casadei gone, Ndidi unfit and Praet seemingly a waste of a squad place.

Oh well! 

24 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I don’t know all the ins and outs of what’s happened here, but the predictable self righteous overload is already weighing very heavily on this thread. 

I’m just very frustrated that it’s a distraction we could have well done without when we’re looking at options in the midfield area. Hamza’s never been the solution there, but he might have been part of it with Casadei gone, Ndidi unfit and Praet seemingly a waste of a squad place.

Oh well! 

What is self-righteous about thinking drink driving is bad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

What do you mean? Didn't want people knowing that he'd been drinking do you mean?

My assumption is you would have someone else drive or get a taxi unless you were with someone you didn’t want to be seen with. 

Had a weird conversation with a friend at Christmas who admitted he would drive over the limit as he believes his driving is superior to most others and therefore remains good even when over the limit 

this is a normal person with a very good job so not some idiot I know (or so I thought)

told him he’s a twat taking this stance 

• Haha 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I think an apt punishment, but also to promote safe driving, would be for him to be breathalysed on the pitch before every kick off. 

He could do it whilst taking the knee, therefore also highlighting the plight of marginalised communities, such as those he drove pissed through in his big car.