Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

2 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Drink no alcohol = not over the limit...hardly rocket science :wub:.

Exactly what it should be...no excuses. You drink anything you dont drive.  He has more than enough money to book a taxi home.  Failure to provide a sample shows he knew too! Zero tolerance

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dames said:

Another drink related incident with this lad. Time to move him on imo, shows no signs of improving in terms of ability or attitude. 

Read that he's on 50k a week here......no other club will pay that much to him. He's not PL standard and the championship or league one is where he belongs.

Hopefully the board wakes up and tries to flog him off to the Saudi's like Everton did with Dermarai Gray. At least we may be able to get a couple of million for him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Less than 72 hours before a game 

I wonder what the club protocol is on drinking before a match ?

Jesus wept, 3 days before a game the players should be in their homes in bed early then?

I remember in the 90’s, we were in the top flight and I saw players in Loughborough in Busters the Friday night before a game.

No doubt they were heavily reprimanded and fined a years salary and put under curfew.

He’s a young lad and footballers by their nature don’t really grow up as they’re surrounded by lads of a similar age at most levels whereas you and I started work at 16 and were immediately with people one or maybe two generations older.

I am not saying I agree with what he’s done as I don’t and refusing to blow into the bag is not a good idea either. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

And an extra charge on your rap sheet.

It’s really stupid on his part. And only adds to the bizarre senseless things he get up to off the pitch. And here’s me thinking fatherhood and matured him a little bit. On the pitch he is doing fine and a really important part of the squad. He’s a silly tw@t for doing what he did and I would say in general wider society there is still an immature attitude towards drink driving. 

• Like 1

I really don't take any moral high ground with these lads. They are under their own pressures and have their own upbringings, moral codes and values (or lack of). 

Danny Simpson. Wes. Vardy Jap incident. Palestine flags. And others elsewhere...Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, Harry Maguire greece punch up,  Madders copping off with random birds in Ibiza. I wasn't even bothered with Wayne Brown voting BNP - his business, his right etc. 

I think it's largely how we as individuals view players. As heroes or as humans 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, promised land said:

Jesus wept, 3 days before a game the players should be in their homes in bed early then?

I remember in the 90’s, we were in the top flight and I saw players in Loughborough in Busters the Friday night before a game.

No doubt they were heavily reprimanded and fined a years salary and put under curfew.

He’s a young lad and footballers by their nature don’t really grow up as they’re surrounded by lads of a similar age at most levels whereas you and I started work at 16 and were immediately with people one or maybe two generations older.

I am not saying I agree with what he’s done as I don’t and refusing to blow into the bag is not a good idea either. 

I have no idea

thats why I asked what the protocol is 

I don''t care about the religion thing. 

I care that we are supposed to be fighting like **** to get back in the premier league and he's pissed up at nearly two in the morning 2 days before our biggest game of the season. 

If i were Enzo i'd stick him in the u23's and tell him he's lucky he's not going to Forest Green on loan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Me neither. Another reason why its hard to judge how someone reacts if its a situation you've never been in?

All im saying is lets find out a few more details first.

I personally don't drink at all... If you don't want to fall off the cliff, stay away from the edge is my personal motto..

What’s more to find out though? 

He’s made the conscious choice to have a drink and then get behind the wheel, potentially putting himself and others at risk. Let’s also not forget he was arrested for “driving without due care and attention”. He then failed to provide a Road side sample, to then eventually being charged with drink driving. It’s pretty damning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

What is self-righteous about thinking drink driving is bad?

I just wonder how many people who are expressing their outrage have led clean lifestyles. I wonder whether some have had a pint and thought it’s ok. I wonder whether some have got pissed the night before and driven the next day. I wonder if some regularly go over the 30 mile speed limit in built up areas. I wonder if some have executed a dangerous driving manoeuvre putting themselves and others at risk. I wonder if some have lost concentration when speaking on the phone whilst driving

No. I bet they’re all totally clean and condemning a lad in his twenties from a position of total impunity.

Send him on a drink drive awareness course. Get him the help he needs if he has wider problems with alcohol. Warn him of his future responsibility and consequences if he does it again. 

Move on 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stanners said:

Blimey, innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean much on here does it!!

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean anything anywhere to be fair. It's just a thing people say. 

You can't really say that when we are remanding people in custody before they have a trial. 

19 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I just wonder how many people who are expressing their outrage have led clean lifestyles. I wonder whether some have had a pint and thought it’s ok. I wonder whether some have got pissed the night before and driven the next day. I wonder if some regularly go over the 30 mile speed limit in built up areas. I wonder if some have executed a dangerous driving manoeuvre putting themselves and others at risk. I wonder if some have lost concentration when speaking on the phone whilst driving

No. I bet they’re all totally clean and condemning a lad in his twenties from a position of total impunity.

Send him on a drink drive awareness course. Get him the help he needs if he has wider problems with alcohol. Warn him of his future responsibility and consequences if he does it again. 

Move on 

Only speaking for myself but can honestly say not guilty. Can we get past this idea that this is lad in his twenties and therefore  can somehow be viewed with more sympathy. It is a major responsibility to drive a car. One of the issues with our society is this sense of entitlement without accepting the responsibility and behaving as an adult.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stanners said:

Blimey, innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean much on here does it!!

Not when he’s been medically found to be over the prescribed limit, no. 

Is he apparently Muslim by any chance? Way too many people loving the fact they can highlight that...odd.

The guys been a dick, not for the first time. This summer is the time to get him out the door.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Is he apparently Muslim by any chance? Way too many people loving the fact they can highlight that...odd.

The guys been a dick, not for the first time. This summer is the time to get him out the door.

It’s rather hypocritical that he proudly waves the Palestinian flag at every opportunity due to his devout Muslim beliefs, yet goes against the principles of Islam with his drinking and adultery etc.

The fact that he resides in Nottinghamshire should be a reason for dismissal on its own!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bert said:

What’s more to find out though? 

He’s made the conscious choice to have a drink and then get behind the wheel, potentially putting himself and others at risk. Let’s also not forget he was arrested for “driving without due care and attention”. He then failed to provide a Road side sample, to then eventually being charged with drink driving. It’s pretty damning. 

The severity of the offense?

having a drink and getting behind the wheel isn’t an offense.  Being over the limit of course is of course .All I’m saying is we need to find out some more details - there’s a reason why there are different levels of punishment and if he’s been a melt and drank a bit much that’s one thing as stupid as it is.Being 4 times over the limit and hardly being able to stand is something different though.  Both are punishable but with different severity.. just trying to find out exactly what’s happened before we throw him to the wolves..

If I'm not mistaken, refusing to take breath test in itself either at the road side or in custody, means if it goes to court he'll be charged with drink driving. For me Choudhury doesn't seem to learn. He comes across a decent lad, but his judgement and actions at times are somewhat misguided. If he doesn't sort his social life out, he may find the club lose patience with him.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Read that he's on 50k a week here......no other club will pay that much to him. He's not PL standard and the championship or league one is where he belongs.

Hopefully the board wakes up and tries to flog him off to the Saudi's like Everton did with Dermarai Gray. At least we may be able to get a couple of million for him

No Saudi club will touch him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1