Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

Not a good situation.  Has more than enough money to find a safe ride home.  A refusal to take a breathalyzer and not cooperate makes it worse on him legally.  I wonder if he was required to provide a blood test sample when being booked at the station. 

I wonder what his drink of choice is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If he's been drink driving, he's an ass.

The Palestinian flag has nothing to do with it.

He’s a reckless idiot for drink driving. 

I think the flag waving might be popular amongst certain people. But it isn’t with me. 

• Like 3

Also the two things can be mutually exclusive. No person does everything right. He believes in something and feels he should voice his support, at the same time a moment of idiocy causes him to make a stupid decision. No one is perfect, just because one act is deplorable doesn't mean all his actions fall into the same category. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Also the two things can be mutually exclusive. No person does everything right. He believes in something and feels he should voice his support, at the same time a moment of idiocy causes him to make a stupid decision. No one is perfect, just because one act is deplorable doesn't mean all his actions fall into the same category. 

Agree with your point but he’s got 3 young kids as far as I know so what’s he doing at 1:45am around town. Something not quite right as he’s got previous: covid party for one. 

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Makes me laugh, I bet 50% of people on here have been over the limit and drove. 

Are you supporting his actions, then?

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree with your point but he’s got 3 young kids as far as I know so what’s he doing at 1:45am around town. Something not quite right as he’s got previous: covid party for one. 

Honestly if you really sit back and think about it, how many people with young kids still have the occasional night out? You are talking about 2 situations 3/4 years apart. We all act like we are holier than thou, just because they are football players they must be complete saints. Yes some footballers are worse than others but they are all human. Not condoning his drink driving however, that's just plain stupid and maybe arrogant (kind of above the law situation) 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

“Having a drink and getting behind the wheel isn’t an offence” is an absolutely pointless argument when he’s been found to have been over the limit and charged with the offence. 

Doesn’t matter if you’re a tiny bit over the limit or way over the limit. You’re over the limit. It’s irresponsible. Like I’ve said, he was “driving without due care and attention”. There’s no excuse for it, no defence. The limit is there for a reason. 

I’ve never said there an an excuse for it or a defense… I have only ever said there’s different severities of offense and different severity of punishments  and I’m waiting to see exactly what  that is before I truly react.

8 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I have 4 kids…and quite regular around Frankfurt,Chicago, New York,London,Hamburg,Munchen,Paris,Madrid,Dresden,well 20 more at around 1:45..

with strange ladies and men..

Sometimes with my wife’s knowledge,sometimes without..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

If I'm not mistaken, refusing to take breath test in itself either at the road side or in custody, means if it goes to court he'll be charged with drink driving. For me Choudhury doesn't seem to learn. He comes across a decent lad, but his judgement and actions at times are somewhat misguided. If he doesn't sort his social life out, he may find the club lose patience with him.

He's already been charged aint he facing to provide a sample he ain't got a leg to stand on

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’ve never said there an an excuse for it or a defense… I have only ever said there’s different severities of offense and different severity of punishments  and I’m waiting to see exactly what  that is before I truly react.

Surely, if he has refused to do a breathalyser then we will never know the severity of it? Without knowing his blood/alcohol level there is no accurate way of telling if he was a little over the limit or completely sh!t faced. 

Just now, FOXYTALK said:

Stupid behaviour. Would it count as gross misconduct or a breach of his contract? 

No every footballer has a drink drive clause,and stupidity regulations,because they were taken from school has minors before they could do a pub crawl educational police tour..:rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

If I'm not mistaken, refusing to take breath test in itself either at the road side or in custody, means if it goes to court he'll be charged with drink driving. For me Choudhury doesn't seem to learn. He comes across a decent lad, but his judgement and actions at times are somewhat misguided. If he doesn't sort his social life out, he may find the club lose patience with him.

Refusing to take a road side breath test is an offence in itself however he seems to have been charged with three offences.

It seems he's refused to provide at the road side, resulting in him being arrested. When in custody,  he's gone on the evidential breath test machine and blown over, hence his charge of excess alcohol. 

And the third charge of driving without due care would suggest there was something wrong with his driving prior to him being stopped .

• Like 1