Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

On 25/01/2024 at 10:57, MPH said:

No but it was probably his legal rep who advised him not to  give a sample, I’d imagine!   He wax probably on the blower to him as soon as he was being pulled over!

Some legal rep, instructs his client to commit an immediate offence for which he will be arrested 🤣. Don't think so do you.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Some legal rep, instructs his client to commit an immediate offence for which he will be arrested 🤣. Don't think so do you.

Think of it as someone being advised to admit to manslaughter instead of murder.

If there's no way out of a punishment, thy would always advise you to admit to the crime that will give the smallest punishment/ sentence..

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

Think of it as someone being advised to admit to manslaughter instead of murder.

If there's no way out of a punishment, thy would always advise you to admit to the crime that will give the smallest punishment/ sentence..

Hardly comparable really. You can be equally punished for a refusal as being over the limit. 

Penalties for failure to provide a specimen

Failure to provide a specimen is a very serious offence, if you're found guilty of failing to provide a specimen, and are caught driving or attempting to drive, you could face a minimum 12 month driving disqualification, and/or a fine of up to £5,000, community service and worst-case scenario, up to six months imprisonment.

If you are found to be in charge of a vehicle and have failed to provide an evidential specimen you could receive 10 points on your licence, a discretionary disqualification, a fine of £2,500- or three-months imprisonment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Hardly comparable really. You can be equally punished for a refusal as being over the limit. 

Penalties for failure to provide a specimen

Failure to provide a specimen is a very serious offence, if you're found guilty of failing to provide a specimen, and are caught driving or attempting to drive, you could face a minimum 12 month driving disqualification, and/or a fine of up to £5,000, community service and worst-case scenario, up to six months imprisonment.

If you are found to be in charge of a vehicle and have failed to provide an evidential specimen you could receive 10 points on your licence, a discretionary disqualification, a fine of £2,500- or three-months imprisonment.

no offense chap, but  this is something I have already explained to a few other people .

in short , refusing to give a sample is likely to be a lesser penalty and lesser chance of imprisonment than say being 4 times over the limit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

no offense chap, but  this is something I have already explained to a few other people .

in short , refusing to give a sample is likely to be a lesser penalty and lesser chance of imprisonment than say being 4 times over the limit.

What if someone has refused to give a sample because they're 5 times over?

Simple way of stopping people choosing to refuse is to change law to 'refuse and the assumption is that you're 4 times over and you'll be dealt with accordingly'.

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What if someone has refused to give a sample because they're 5 times over?

Simple way of stopping people choosing to refuse is to change law to 'refuse and the assumption is that you're 4 times over and you'll be dealt with accordingly'.

I actually agree with you - make it a much more severe punishment for refusing to give a sample! Automatic 6 months inside!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think it's the same with leaving the scene of an accident if there are no other vehicles involved. If somebody is drunk and crashes their car into a tree, it's much better for them to walk away rather than stay and get breathalyzed. They can later say they were feeling dazed from the accident and wandered off in a confused state, which would carry less of a punishment than if they'd been caught over the limit.

On 24/01/2024 at 21:30, fuchsntf said:

I have 4 kids…and quite regular around Frankfurt,Chicago, New York,London,Hamburg,Munchen,Paris,Madrid,Dresden,well 20 more at around 1:45..

with strange ladies and men..

Sometimes with my wife’s knowledge,sometimes without..

Just thought I should mention,I am not a retired pimp,but a field service technician that had 24hr on call periods over a few years of having the honour in picking up my

few pennies..in between working African projects…+ free days enjoying various late night festivals…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Several things always would have to be taken into consideration agreed in fairness. Initial manner of driving or reason for requesting sample, the officers observations ie the defendant was seen to get out of his car and stagger all over the place, previous driving history or convictions and of course, as you rightly say, the amount of alcohol in the blood. In the absence of the latter, a court and magistrates are unusually allowed to make assumptions and sentence accordingly ie there'd be a difference between a person who is surly but otherwise seemed sober and one who staggered all over the place and threw his kebab up down the front of the officers uniform albeit he said 'shorry' 🤣  

On 25/01/2024 at 10:57, MPH said:

No but it was probably his legal rep who advised him not to  give a sample, I’d imagine!   He wax probably on the blower to him as soon as he was being pulled over!

Legal reps can’t advise if you provide a sample of breath or not 😂 they wouldn’t because it’s an instant charge and an instant ban. If you fail a breath test, you fail a breath test. If you refuse to provide a sample you get charged and banned. 

When it comes to drink driving the amount within your system doesn’t matter, it’s just a case of you’re clearly more pissed the more you blow…. Even if you’ve just gone over the limit, it matters not…..

Theres no grey areas here, he’s been charged and will face at least a six month ban from driving. But all of this is irrelevant, because what if he had caused a collision and killed someone? To even take that risk is ridiculous. The reality of the situation is, one wrong turn and he could have killed someone…… sometimes I don’t think it’s taken seriously enough, unless something tragic happens…. I’ve known people who have been killed by drunk drivers, so It’s something I despise. I wouldn’t expect to see him play for us again…. And I would be very disappointed with Enzo if he continues to select him. 

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Legal reps can’t advise if you provide a sample of breath or not 😂 they wouldn’t because it’s an instant charge and an instant ban. If you fail a breath test, you fail a breath test. If you refuse to provide a sample you get charged and banned. 

When it comes to drink driving the amount within your system doesn’t matter, it’s just a case of you’re clearly more pissed the more you blow…. Even if you’ve just gone over the limit, it matters not…..

Theres no grey areas here, he’s been charged and will face at least a six month ban from driving. But all of this is irrelevant, because what if he had caused a collision and killed someone? To even take that risk is ridiculous. The reality of the situation is, one wrong turn and he could have killed someone…… sometimes I don’t think it’s taken seriously enough, unless something tragic happens…. I’ve known people who have been killed by drunk drivers, so It’s something I despise. I wouldn’t expect to see him play for us again…. And I would be very disappointed with Enzo if he continues to select him. 

all points covered in previous posts.

Guest glasgowfox

He's a nice lad, met him a few times and shared a few drinks.....bloody idiot though to do this.  I hope he learns from it but still disgusting to drink drive whatever the amount he was over.

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just thought I should mention,I am not a retired pimp,but a field service technician that had 24hr on call periods over a few years of having the honour in picking up my

few pennies..in between working African projects…+ free days enjoying various late night festivals…

You forgot Amsterdam !! 

16 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

You forgot Amsterdam !! 

No…Funny thing I was back home or in Hotel,before midnight.

sort of stay of execution,besides..

Late night /early morning window shopping didn’t entice me.

Mind you some damn funny innocent stories before midnight…