Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

47 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He needs to link better with winks.

Ricardo and winks are great at playing bounce passes off each other to break through the defensive lines. Hamza and Winks never do that so we miss a lot when they are playing together without Ricky 

Hamza’s just not as good at the progressive part of the role as Ricardo. That’s just a fact. We’ve got to somehow find a way of stopping the rot knowing we are weaker at inverted fullback without Ricardo and weaker at number 8 without Ndidi. :(

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

For me, the most important part of the captain’s role on a Matchday is what he does on the pitch in terms of leading. The pre match stuff has no absolutely no impact or importance for the vast majority of fans. It’s a non issue for me. The issue Enzo needs to focus on is why the wheels have come off and that’s not got anything to do with asking Hamza to be captain after his drink driving conviction last week. 

I think it reflects standards 

if it’s my team then I expect players to reach certain standards both on and off the pitch. By that I mean not breaking the law. It’s not a high bar. I’m not asking for them to be mother Theresa ……

if one of them breaks the law then they can expect to pay a price in the courts and I just think that them being captain of the side is a sad reflection on my club.  Maybe I’m an old fart. Let’s see where we are in two months time. If we fail to win the league then people will expect answers.  Hamza fully deserves his place on the pitch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think it reflects standards 

if it’s my team then I expect players to reach certain standards both on and off the pitch. By that I mean not breaking the law. It’s not a high bar. I’m not asking for them to be mother Theresa ……

if one of them breaks the law then they can expect to pay a price in the courts and I just think that them being captain of the side is a sad reflection on my club.  Maybe I’m an old fart. Let’s see where we are in two months time. If we fail to win the league then people will expect answers.  Hamza fully deserves his place on the pitch. 

If we don’t achieve promotion it will be due to a combination of poor defending, poor finishing, being on the end of some poor refereeing decisions, a raft of injuries, the early cancellation of a key loan player and the lack of activity in the January transfer window. That’s where you should be directing your ire.  It won’t be due to Hamza Choudhury being made captain for a home league match against QPR. The decision to make Hamza captain out of the 11 players selected to start had absolutely no impact on the result yesterday. 

For the 3rd game running I'm saying this but he needs dropping.

3 full 90s worth of minutes over the past week, essentially gifted Sunderland a penalty had the ref not been the incompetent **** he is.

The odd foray forward but other than that always just looking to pass backwards to either of our CBs who then have to force it wide where we lose it every single time. Ricky understands that role so much better (and obviously has way better abilities) and knows he can drive through the middle occasionally into acres of space once he gets past the initial man

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

For the 3rd game running I'm saying this but he needs dropping.

3 full 90s worth of minutes over the past week, essentially gifted Sunderland a penalty had the ref not been the incompetent **** he is.

The odd foray forward but other than that always just looking to pass backwards to either of our CBs who then have to force it wide where we lose it every single time. Ricky understands that role so much better (and obviously has way better abilities) and knows he can drive through the middle occasionally into acres of space once he gets past the initial man

Thought he was MOTM 🤣

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You thought he should be dropped after the shift he put in against Bournemouth?

Yes he put in a good shift that game, but let's not pretend that's a level he'll play to regularly. 

I would have wanted him dropped no matter his performance because as it was apparent today the lad is running on fumes (still preferable to the blue wkds)

Edited by LFox99

Just now, LFox99 said:

Yes he put in a good shift that game, but let's not pretend that's a level he'll play to regularly. 

I would have wanted him dropped no matter his performance because as apparent today the lad is running on fumes (still preferable to the blue wkds)

Who do you play in that role though if not Hamza when Ricardo is also out injured?

We don't appear to really have anyone else for it

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I would have wanted him dropped no matter his performance because as it was apparent today the lad is running on fumes (still preferable to the blue wkds)

Hamza was one of our better players tonight. It was our two key midfielders that struggled. KDH and Winksy. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Agreed he might be running on fumes but who plays that role with Ricardo out? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Id have said JJ purely because I trust his ability to go forward more than I do with Hamza

Not to mention he'll play on the right side and be able to use his naturally stronger foot, something I think he's been struggling with on the left, often leading to him turning back etc

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Change the system? It's what good managers do; adapt.

That's purely to the question you and others have posed as the reality is he'd feature anyway because of injuries. Should have been dropped for his off the field antics really.

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

He was also very good against Leeds

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Should have been dropped for his off the field antics really.

We only drop players for antics if it can properly hurt us like we did with Madders a couple seasons back

It's the Leicester way

I always thought JJ would be good enough to invert and play the Ricardo role but this season he’s looked worse than ever with the ball at his feet and was rightly dropped tonight.

To be fair to Hamza, he’s become an integral part of this squad and he’s done a great job wherever he’s been asked to play. His pace & aggression has been much needed.

• Like 1

Good job the ref did not fall for that pathetic dive at the end or the haters would be rampant on here.

I like Hamza and feel he is one of only a few players that have produced performances and efforts required to get over the line in the past month but he needs a rest he has played every minute of every game recently but there is nobody other than Ricardo or Hamza who can play the inverted fullback role.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Genuinely no idea. He would probably try to use Vestergaard, Coady or Ndidi n the hybrid CB John Stones role instead of an inverted Full Back but will probably end badly. 

1 minute ago, Kierzz said:

Genuinely no idea. He would probably try to use Vestergaard, Coady or Ndidi n the hybrid CB John Stones role instead of an inverted Full Back but will probably end badly. 

Coady could work as he was originally a midfielder.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably where it's handy as a gaffer to have more than one string to your bow.

10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Change the system? It's what good managers do; adapt.

That's purely to the question you and others have posed as the reality is he'd feature anyway because of injuries. Should have been dropped for his off the field antics really.

He's shown precious little interest in doing so and JJ has been pony recently.

Hamza has been excellent vs Leeds and Bournemouth so I really don't get the calls to drop him. Rest him if we had options fair enough given he's played a lot in quick succession but his performances have been better than most. 

As for his off the field antics, I'm certainly not happy about them but we're our fans saying this about Wes Morgan when he got done? The club will have done what they see fit. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Good job the ref did not fall for that pathetic dive at the end or the haters would be rampant on here.

Mate, take the blue tinted specs off for just a second. 

We'd all be fuming in here if that wasn't given if it was us on the other side. Hamza yanks him on the shoulder and I'd say the only reason the ref doesn't give it, is the fashion the Sunderland player went down in. If he doesn't make it look like he's just been shot he gets that call everyday. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Probably where it's handy as a gaffer to have more than one string to your bow.

We don't have many traditional full backs either though. Nor wing backs to play 3-4-1-2. 

I tell you what, the 1st signing I'd try and make if we go up is Trai Hume. Ideal for the system we play and he's very strong.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We don't have many traditional full backs either though. Nor wing backs to play 3-4-1-2. 

I tell you what, the 1st signing I'd try and make if we go up is Trai Hume. Ideal for the system we play and he's very strong.

Likely to happen if finances allow in the summer as well based on what I’ve heard. We tried in January. Leeds also sniffing mind 

• Like 1