Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Middlesbrough Away 11/11/23

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The Frank Sinclair own-goal from 2 decades ago (?) is still very much remembered..

Can't remember a more 'worse' own-goal.

Ian Wilson, FA Cup semi final v Spurs at Villa Park… more at stake and pretty bad too! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thequickbrownfox said:

It's often a good game against Middlesbrough. Always reminds me of the League Cup final of 1997. Future Leicester legend Nigel Pearson appears in the famous photo after Heskey's scrambled late equaliser! 

Heskey3JPG.jpg

Ah, the good old days. Walkers was a great sponsor.

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I find it interesting that Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna are both doing very good jobs for their respective clubs, whereas Man United are in a mess. They will never do it, but purging a lot of their ageing squad and brining in one of them to overhaul everything, starting with a young core, would probably be the way to truly reboot them. I think both managers will have opportunities in the Premier League, either with their current clubs or those that fancy a change. McKenna seems to be the better one, but Carrick changed Boro from a team in the relegation zone to at one point almost getting into the automatics, he didn't need a lot of time to change their style of play or results.

I have to say that a lot of the teams in the Championship have pleasantly surprised me. I know a lot of our fans think the lack of quality here is eye-opening, and it is! But there's a lot of young managers trying to play attractive and possession based football, and I think that bodes really well for the national team in the future.

I just don’t believe this lack of quality scenario & actual crap..

No different over the decades,we see clubs come & go & some hold their own,

and break their own records,creating their own eras,,

Fans, themselves have become boring,by chasing to high a ambitions,instead of embracing the football challenges they are presently experiencing.

Too many,believing their challenges have failed instead of remembering their various journeys they needed,to get to those highest ever levels..

We measure with traditional old attitudes,and often a few years behind what is being played out before them. 

I watching,participating in sport since the end of the 50s,have not seen in any sport

where any era has seen a collapse on quality…Was Finney,Mathews,Hurst,Peters,de Stefano,Puskas,Beckenbauer,any better than legends of the 80s,90s,2000s,2020s.

B.Charlton a legend that left IMO a great legacy,also has a person to his sport.

Was the football better in any epoch,that those judging fans try to make out..

We have our best manager since Ramsey,where his teams play hot & cold,according

to any individual game day,no worse or better than past teams…

I think that mention of “lack quality” is more a lazy,easy vocabulary choice of fans,than any actual fact they could compare..

And it kills any reasonable,…..banter,discussion or debate..

Because there can’t be any other logic or base to carry on,if lack of quality of the whole is acceptable.

52 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The Frank Sinclair own-goal from 2 decades ago (?) is still very much remembered..

My memories are drawing 3-3 after being 3-1 up into the final minute in 03/04. Summed everything up that season.

Edited by Nalis

2 hours ago, skmanuk said:

I’m holidaying in Perth, WA at the moment, any Aussie foxes have any info whether the game is on tv anywhere.

I would think 9now,on one of its choices broadcast would be showing it..:dunno:

or do a VPN to mainland Europe ie: Germany,Belgium. Championship live games available..

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Can't beat Wayne Hatswell

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I just don’t believe this lack of quality scenario & actual crap..

No different over the decades,we see clubs come & go & some hold their own,

and break their own records,creating their own eras,,

Fans, themselves have become boring,by chasing to high a ambitions,instead of embracing the football challenges they are presently experiencing.

Too many,believing their challenges have failed instead of remembering their various journeys they needed,to get to those highest ever levels..

We measure with traditional old attitudes,and often a few years behind what is being played out before them. 

I watching,participating in sport since the end of the 50s,have not seen in any sport

where any era has seen a collapse on quality…Was Finney,Mathews,Hurst,Peters,de Stefano,Puskas,Beckenbauer,any better than legends of the 80s,90s,2000s,2020s.

B.Charlton a legend that left IMO a great legacy,also has a person to his sport.

Was the football better in any epoch,that those judging fans try to make out..

We have our best manager since Ramsey,where his teams play hot & cold,according

to any individual game day,no worse or better than past teams…

I think that mention of “lack quality” is more a lazy,easy vocabulary choice of fans,than any actual fact they could compare..

And it kills any reasonable,…..banter,discussion or debate..

Because there can’t be any other logic or base to carry on,if lack of quality of the whole is acceptable.

We want to be in the top 10 of the Premiership. Brighton took 5 seasons to do that from the championship. Brentford took 2 seasons, Fulham did it in their first season back. I believe its the individual team that can control their own destiny, when we last got promoted our 2nd season we finished in the top half and two seasons after that we managed 5 seasons on the bounce in the top half. Those that keep saying we will struggle in the premiership forgot our squad in 2014 wasn't as strong as the current squad, the defenders were better but that's probably it. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have performed well because the objective isn’t just to survive, that won't be our objective. When you stand still you go backwards as we have learnt, Wolves will learn, Palace will do aswell some day and Everton will eventually get relegated without a complete change of culture. We will finish higher than Everton next season without making a signing.

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We want to be in the top 10 of the Premiership. Brighton took 5 seasons to do that from the championship. Brentford took 2 seasons, Fulham did it in their first season back. I believe its the individual team that can control their own destiny, when we last got promoted our 2nd season we finished in the top half and two seasons after that we managed 5 seasons on the bounce in the top half. Those that keep saying we will struggle in the premiership forgot our squad in 2014 wasn't as strong as the current squad, the defenders were better but that's probably it. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have performed well because the objective isn’t just to survive, that won't be our objective. When you stand still you go backwards as we have learnt, Wolves will learn, Palace will do aswell some day and Everton will eventually get relegated without a complete change of culture. We will finish higher than Everton next season without making a signing.

Yes I agree,but unfortunately we have that financial boundary,that challenges all..Also rans. Far from impossible,but we have to be fair to ourselves,and our club with KP, when wanting to see a consistent top 6 …era 5-8 yrs.

My hope,though I doubt I myself will see it,is keeping Enzo into a 5+ year PL tenure.

Shankly did it for Pool,Revie for Leeds..

Wanting Enzo,to need & want to make his own story & legacy first with one club…In 10-12yrs he would still be young to take on

a new challenge in his home country,or Spains Barca/RM giants if his star keeps shining.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes I agree,but unfortunately we have that financial boundary,that challenges all..Also rans. Far from impossible,but we have to be fair to ourselves,and our club with KP, when wanting to see a consistent top 6 …era 5-8 yrs.

My hope,though I doubt I myself will see it,is keeping Enzo into a 5+ year PL tenure.

Shankly did it for Pool,Revie for Leeds..

Wanting Enzo,to need & want to make his own story & legacy first with one club…In 10-12yrs he would still be young to take on

a new challenge in his home country,or Spains Barca/RM giants if his star keeps shining.

Enzos talent there shouldn't be no concerns on making top 10, the leap from where we are to top 10 isn't as big as some think. The leap from 10th-6th consistently is as big in my opinion as where we are to top 10 again.