Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Middlesbrough Away 11/11/23

30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Seem to remember parking was a bit of a pain up there ..  think we had to pay some little fooker to guard the car ! ..  any recommendations ..  

Lots of car parks around Middlesbrough, where we you looking before? Riverside always been easy for me.

.. Unless you're talking about their old ground.

Check the travel thread instead, not all people in these threads go away.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

I am so conflicted on this one.

I started to loathe our arrogance, “we’re going to batter QPR 6-0 etc etc” BUT why are we comparing Boro to Leeds is beyond me.

They haven’t spent £35m on a striker like Leeds have (Rutter) and the only names I recognised from their starting 11 yesterday were McNair and a 35 year old Howson.

Not saying that we’ll walk all over them but if our PL wage bill (let’s face it, that’s what we have) and very, very good coach in Enzo can’t muster up a bounce back after a below par display then maybe we’re not as good as the previous games this season have suggested? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I am so conflicted on this one.

I started to loathe our arrogance, “we’re going to batter QPR 6-0 etc etc” BUT why are we comparing Boro to Leeds is beyond me.

They haven’t spent £35m on a striker like Leeds have (Rutter) and the only names I recognised from their starting 11 yesterday were McNair and a 35 year old Howson.

Not saying that we’ll walk all over them but if our PL wage bill (let’s face it, that’s what we have) and very, very good coach in Enzo can’t muster up a bounce back after a below par display then maybe we’re not as good as the previous games this season have suggested? 🤷🏻‍♂️

...we have managed to get over the line in a few games where we have not played well!!!

We are on a run so far where we have what seems like a fatigue problem, we will have to wait until the Middlesborough game to see how we perform, but we seem to be off it at the moment, physically and mentally. The way we play and the amount of games we have played in a short space of time, has taken a toll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gritty 1-0 will be fine but Boro have re-discovered the form that got them into the play offs last time out. Maybe start Coady and try and to instill a bit of a sensible head in the back four. They just seem to be taking the risky pass out that little bit too far in recent games.

• Like 1

In each game,there are so many permatations,

Upto when we play L‘pool in the league next season..

So I again,sit on my comfy game sofa,perched on the fence,

Pleasantly awaiting a China-syndrome melt down,and our

5th columnist fans waiting to pounce suppressing all decent debate.

So being a Leicester fan,the weekly trials and tribulations,prevent me getting

too excited over each game.

Though going into any covert action one has to use

ones own stealth capabilities,in not revealing any thoughts or emotion,towards any

positive outcome..Even when we have created an early scenario ,giving us advantage in all types of terrain & any lost ground,as given us more intelligence over ourselves,than anything the opposition could threaten us in any future confrontation We have insurgents from within grovelling around,determined to lay down false & tricky trails,worse than what the opposition can themselves,bring to the table.

Our weakest point,seems to be holding back on rescources,when easily available.

Middlesborough will prove over the season,they deserve to be respected as one of the groups that have the weapons to promote their capabilities to push forward & be one the strongest units to gain & hold advantage. So our early forages in this first skirmish  are paramount that we give them a bloody nose early as possible.

Now for weather forecast..

Northern town,very wet with bouts of :beer: highs,

to keep the day interesting..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s a huge game. Boro are decent in this moment, and will probably feel confident.

I think the Leeds defeat could have more of an impact than some think. Few have boo-boo’d it’s significance, but to lose to a rival, as poorly as we did without looking a threat will tickle the ego somewhat and could play on some of the lads minds.

So, this is an important test to see how we are mentally. 

I want to see more from those high 8’s, few personnel changes hopefully Yunus is fit.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a huge game. Boro are decent in this moment, and will probably feel confident.

I think the Leeds defeat could have more of an impact than some think. Few have boo-boo’d it’s significance, but to lose to a rival, as poorly as we did without looking a threat will tickle the ego somewhat and could play on some of the lads minds.

So, this is an important test to see how we are mentally. 

I want to see more from those high 8’s, few personnel changes hopefully Yunus is fit.

Since their decent run, they've lost comfortably at home to Stoke and drew with Plymouth.

13 minutes ago, st.ives blue said:

I watched the Plymouth v Boro game on Saturday both play better football than we  do, we will have a very difficult game up there on Saturday if we don’t turn up

In what way do they play better football?

Enzo will quietly want to put the Leeds result to bed. He’s learnt a lot from his time at city coaching the top dog and the pressure of staying ahead of the chasing pack especially after they’ve had an off day.

The players need to regain their fighting form as it’s dulled a little lately. Maybe it is fatigue creeping in. Leeds was Wake up call. I predict we will come good and best boro confidently. ‘If’ we somehow don’t and the performance is off again we have the right to question Enzo and know what’s up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hermansen.

Faes.           Coady.            Justin.

Ricardo.       Winks.

Akgun:fc:        KDH

Fatawu.          Daka        Mavididi

...a lot of posters calling for Daka to come in, but if Vardy struggles, and it has nothing to do with his age, then Daka will struggle!!!

Gent has a class player (Gift Orban) who plays for them, he can't get a kick as the style of play is the way we build attacks and I suspect he thinks to himself, where do I fit into these passes being played around me? The style of play is the problem for both Daka and Orban, it is not a good fit, they will both have to change the way they approach the game or they will sink into their frustration.

I wonder if Daka has gone to Maresca and asked him, what does he want to see from him? Would he even suggest dropping to U21s to put a new style of play to the test and see if he can bring it into his game?

Training almost every day and then not playing at the weekend must be soul-destroying, the only comfort is the money going into the account.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a lot of posters calling for Daka to come in, but if Vardy struggles, and it has nothing to do with his age, then Daka will struggle!!!

Gent has a class player (Gift Orban) who plays for them, he can't get a kick as the style of play is the way we build attacks and I suspect he thinks to himself, where do I fit into these passes being played around me? The style of play is the problem for both Daka and Orban, it is not a good fit, they will both have to change the way they approach the game or they will sink into their frustration.

I wonder if Daka has gone to Maresca and asked him, what does he want to see from him? Would he even suggest dropping to U21s to put a new style of play to the test and see if he can bring it into his game?

Training almost every day and then not playing at the weekend must be soul-destroying, the only comfort is the money going into the account.

But it has to do with his age! Bless him. He is the Goat, but he should be the one to come off the bench. Problem is, I see Nacho as better off the bench too! hence I'd just like to see Daka given a go from the start. Can't see it happening however.