Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Middlesbrough Away 11/11/23

On 05/11/2023 at 17:59, Countryfox said:

Seem to remember parking was a bit of a pain up there ..  think we had to pay some little fooker to guard the car ! ..  any recommendations ..  

I've booked a car park about 20/25 min walk away, cost me £2.50 for 5 hours...... Hillstreet shopping centre.

Easy access to and from as well

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 17:59, Countryfox said:

Seem to remember parking was a bit of a pain up there ..  think we had to pay some little fooker to guard the car ! ..  any recommendations ..  

Used to have to do this at a few grounds back in the day. Remember some Salford kids doing it at Maine Road in the 90s, was a bit skeptical that my car would be in once piece, but they did a good job.

The only place ive had any trouble with cars, not football related is Nottingham, 3 times my windows have been put in in different areas of that dump. Part of the reason I have an irrational hate for it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Used to have to do this at a few grounds back in the day. Remember some Salford kids doing it at Maine Road in the 90s, was a bit skeptical that my car would be in once piece, but they did a good job.

The only place ive had any trouble with cars, not football related is Nottingham, 3 times my windows have been put in in different areas of that dump. Part of the reason I have an irrational hate for it. 

I had exactly the same experience of Maine road. Seeing cars left teetering on bricks was quite a persuasive ploy but I came away unscathed. In fact the only issue I have ever had was in our own fair city.  Just bad luck I think. 

4 on 4

At Middlesbrough, City will have four players walking a suspension tightrope. Harry Winks and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall have been on four yellow cards for some time but have so far avoided a fifth caution that will see them pick up a one-game ban. Ricardo Pereira and Abdul Fatawu both received yellows at QPR and so they are now one booking away from a suspension too.

• Like 1

Hermansen

Faes

Vestergaard

Justin

Pereira

Winks

Ghanian Magician

Choudhury

KDH

Mavididi

Daka

I do think it’s time we tried Daka as the 9 in this system. Middlesbrough are a team who like to play and we aren’t currently getting enough of a press from Vardy and Iheanacho. Neither of those 2 have been playing at a consistent level and it would be good for Daka to get a chance if Cannon isn’t ready yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Hermansen

Faes

Vestergaard

Justin

Pereira

Winks

Ghanian Magician

Choudhury

KDH

Mavididi

Daka

I do think it’s time we tried Daka as the 9 in this system. Middlesbrough are a team who like to play and we aren’t currently getting enough of a press from Vardy and Iheanacho. Neither of those 2 have been playing at a consistent level and it would be good for Daka to get a chance if Cannon isn’t ready yet. 

...really can't see the value of using Daka, if there is anyone more likely to start the press in this team, it will be Vardy!!!

Playing Choudhury as an #8, just to help with the press maybe a little bit of overkill. Ricardo pushed into the #8 position with Hamza alongside Wicks would be a better use of the individuals.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...really can't see the value of using Daka, if there is anyone more likely to start the press in this team, it will be Vardy!!!

2-3 years ago I would have agreed with you but Vardy’s energy levels are nowhere near what they used to be. 

Our pressing has noticeably dropped off in recent games, as has our attacking the box from the ACMs and wingers. Maresca can defend his style of play and that we won't be changing it any time soon, but if the players or he changes the instructions on how they implement it then a change is exactly what's happened and not a good one.

I'll be watching with interest on Saturday to see how we play.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, davieG said:

4 on 4

At Middlesbrough, City will have four players walking a suspension tightrope. Harry Winks and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall have been on four yellow cards for some time but have so far avoided a fifth caution that will see them pick up a one-game ban. Ricardo Pereira and Abdul Fatawu both received yellows at QPR and so they are now one booking away from a suspension too.

With Watford at home and then Sheffield Wednesday after that I wouldn't mind a few of these picking up a tactical yellow in the next couple of games to get these suspensions out of the way, especially Winks/KDH/Pereira, if the worst was to happen and we lost all 3 for the same game then our midfield is non existent

2 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

With Watford at home and then Sheffield Wednesday after that I wouldn't mind a few of these picking up a tactical yellow in the next couple of games to get these suspensions out of the way, especially Winks/KDH/Pereira, if the worst was to happen and we lost all 3 for the same game then our midfield is non existent

Make it interesting though…innit.

Might find  a new alternative set up…

A heavy injury/Card scenario…but maybe a forced team that can hold its own…

Iversen

Coady.     Souttar

Justin.                     Nelson

Praet

Mcateer.       Agun

Daka.                           Marcel

Cannon