Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Middlesbrough Away 11/11/23

On 06/11/2023 at 11:34, st.ives blue said:

I watched the Plymouth v Boro game on Saturday both play better football than we  do, we will have a very difficult game up there on Saturday if we don’t turn up

I wonder if there's someone called Wigstonpilgrim on Plymouthtalk predicting they'll muller Leicester because of their far superior football?

5 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

With Watford at home and then Sheffield Wednesday after that I wouldn't mind a few of these picking up a tactical yellow in the next couple of games to get these suspensions out of the way, especially Winks/KDH/Pereira, if the worst was to happen and we lost all 3 for the same game then our midfield is non existent

Do it in this one so they miss the international break 👀 

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

This will be our toughest test away from home yet. 

10 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Toughest game of the season so far . .

Middlesbrough's home record is W3 D1 L3. They're eighteenth in the 'home' league table. It's not exactly a fortress up there, is it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

We ourselves have lost 2 at home?

And won 6. We've won 7 away from home. 

Stats are a bit skewed for Middlesbrough due to their awful start. Suggest we are confident without assuming we need to just turn up to win.  Hoping the defeat would have spurred everyone on.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We need him back. We laughed at Ndidi being moved to a CAM, but he's been great there. But we don't have good cover and Casadei is a bit too raw still. Praet and Ndidi rotating will piss the division.

I know Yunus and McAteer have been tried there, but Praet has a lot more experience as a CAM.

So why not chose one of the other 2,to gain that experience..

At present we don’t no when Praet is ready to return…

The other 2 I understand are available for this weekend..

plus it’s the FT forum that seem to believe we have somehow settled for

Our best selection & formation…

I dont believe Enzo is yet that far on fixing certain players to fixed positions..

He is a better coach than that..and sees some of his charges capable of covering

2 to more positions..There is nothing in the squad or management team,that is set in ice.Plus he won’t drop players yet,because of indifferent form,the young players

will first be given free reins to prove & manourver themselves,while man-managing them..

Though Maybe now  after a few games played,we have reached that crusp for descision  making,on 1-3 players,( or positions) though injuries and the natural hick hack of choice in new set up & system we are experiencing often intervenes.

We have a settled group,that are at present happy to have some part & participation in the new growth of their club..

I really don’t think any of us know yet the thoughts or ideas that Enzo has on his

charges, & the tweaks he believes over a longer time,he will be taking..Importantly the players are presenting themselves and interface to the club as happy & positive.

On their own career and it’s path with the club..

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We need him back. We laughed at Ndidi being moved to a CAM, but he's been great there. But we don't have good cover and Casadei is a bit too raw still. Praet and Ndidi rotating will piss the division.

I know Yunus and McAteer have been tried there, but Praet has a lot more experience as a CAM.

If the bloke could stay fit and prove he has the motivation to play to his maximum then I totally agree. That RCM role at this level is ideal for him in Ndidi's absence. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree. Think tomorrow Ricky will play the ndidi role and Hamza in the Ricky role. That's the logical way to get as many of the senior 15 players in as poss. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

“I said it’s a good thing, a fantastic thing. I won this in August because four of four, I won this in October because we won six of six. But I don’t play! The players did it. The backroom team as well. Willy with set-pieces and Danny with extra work

Create a team ethic - see above! 

It's not just Enzo, it's everyone playing for him and involved around him.