Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

A third of the season gone - your thoughts?

12 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Absolutely can’t grumble at the points tally. As for performances I thought we started poorly but got away with it.  Had a brilliant middle patch when it looked like Enzo’s new style would sweep all before it, then went back to playing pretty averagely but getting away with it.

Hopefully we’ll start to dominate again once Ndidi and the others get back. Still not convinced any of this will work in the PL, but that’s for another epoch.

This ☝️ 

I think due to good start, we may get away with automatic promotion, but not convinced by our forwards. Would like to see someone brought in  January as may struggle with Afcon. Could work out well in summer if we clear the decks of out of contract players and do a Forest and bring several in. Not that impressed with Casadei or Doyle but time will tell if they are worth signing. Great to see wingers back at at the club just need a forward to convert the chances they create, could be Cannon hopefully.

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This weekend you would of thought from some posts we have

Gone further backwards & downwards,stuck in sidewards mode

like watching a crab do the oki-Koki ..:huh:

Trouble is you’ll always find fans who will moan even if we were unbeaten all season, they’d always find something to moan about Cheer up ffs we’re doing ok in a great position a top manager much improved confidence & performances and the crowds not too bad either !!

KEEP IT UP YOU MARVELLOUS FOXES 

OAUIEWT !!🦊

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Absolutely can’t grumble at the points tally. As for performances I thought we started poorly but got away with it.  Had a brilliant middle patch when it looked like Enzo’s new style would sweep all before it, then went back to playing pretty averagely but getting away with it.

Hopefully we’ll start to dominate again once Ndidi and the others get back. Still not convinced any of this will work in the PL, but that’s for another epoch.

Perfect summary. 

Think we've definitely looked leggy and tired in the last 3-4 games too. Probably a symptom of so many international players (i.e international breaks are no 'break' for a lot of our squad) and some of those injuries causing lower levels of rotation (i.e JJ playing a lot, instead of rotating with Doyle, Ndidi and Yunus missing resulting in 'too much' gametime for Casadei, McAteer and Yunus absences putting a lot of pressure on Fatawu and Mavididi). 

Our form is something to fall back on in terms of confidence and the gap just gives us a lot of room for error. And whilst I can see us (potentially) having a period of 15 games similar to Leeds or Southampton's first 15 games - with us winning 'only' half of the games, I can't see them putting together the sequence of 13+ wins it'd require to overtake us. 

Doyle to come back. Yunus to not only come back but settle in. Casadei to hopefully improve. Choudhury for Casadei with Ricardo pushing up into the 8 position is an option. Praet to come back and potentially get minutes in that position too. And Wilf. Cannon to hopefully provide more cover/competition for Vardy and Nacho. 

Never mind January reinforcements...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Agree with all of this. 

I've gone from thinking Ndidi is just a better footballer than most at this level so can easily play that role to genuinely admiring how he has adapted after watching Casadei. I still think Casadei will come good too.

But with Ndidi the pressing can't be understated for this system. 

If/when it gets to the Premier League I think we could quite easily have a whole new defence, wingers, new centre midfielder and striker.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Given the squad we have, the naffness of the opposition and Enzo at the helm, we are where I expected us to be.

The loss to Leeds wasn’t that surprising either tbh. They are the form team in the division and will finish second 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Given the squad we have, the naffness of the opposition and Enzo at the helm, we are where I expected us to be.

The loss to Leeds wasn’t that surprising either tbh. They are the form team in the division and will finish second 

Don't disagree, but Leeds weren't W9 D0 L0 going into the game like us were they? 

i honestly thought we would be top 10 only by Christmas. A new manager with a completely new style of play, a new 11 with only a few left from last season that have had to change their style. Ricardo and N'didi are basically like new signings. 

We have been unreal so far and far to good for this league it seems. 

There is a long way to go but with Cannon, Doyle, N'didi, Akgun, Praet and the January transfer window around the corner we will only get better. 

We arent going to win every week and its how you bounce back. We went on a 9 game winning run after the last defeat! 

Its a great season so far and barring an absolue disaster we will be in the premier league again next year. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 2

Should be 30 points clear.

Enzo out and all the young players are CRAP!!

Its not like we had to clear out some of our best players and start a new back room because of loads creaming us off and getting a new manager who has never managed at this level...no excuses.......we should have been champions already...disgrace!

4 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

No idea why people keep mentioning Praet. He’s never ever done it for us in the whole time he’s been here. Not about to start doing so now. Expect him to go in Jan if he’s fit. 

Selective amnesia, and benefiting from a period of not playing. The guy will offer nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

No idea why people keep mentioning Praet. He’s never ever done it for us in the whole time he’s been here. Not about to start doing so now. Expect him to go in Jan if he’s fit. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Selective amnesia, and benefiting from a period of not playing. The guy will offer nothing.

Surely he's good enough for this league? 

Also, Enzo have turned other players around. Who's to say he won't revitalise Praet the same way he did with Vestegard? 

13 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Even Vestergaard looks decent in this league mate.

Praet can be a good squad player for us this season and then leave on a free next Summer.

Nobody can complain at 13 wins from 15 games, which is still I believe to be the best a side has ever had after this many games at this level. The caveat to this I suppose is on paper we probably ought to be the side capable of doing that as as has been well documented our relegation was an absolute relative freak.

I did read that fosse way article the other day though, before the Leeds game that picked a few holes in us and in truth, it was hard to disagree with large parts of it, which seems mental but I do get it. I think the problem here though is that the article, and being honest with ourselves the majority of us are still viewing us through the prism of a Premier League level club playing in the Championship, which is a luxury that our results have afforded us.

I think it's pretty clear we will get promoted beyond a catastrophic drop off in form - I concede however there's a possibility that Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds do similarly to what Plymouth, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday did last season. In that our points tally is going to be comfortably enough to get us up in any other season, but I think there's a possibility that the team in 3rd this season gets something like 90+ as well.

I still think we can take the record but there've been a couple of red flags in the last three games. Signs of wobbling and I'd not be surprised if we dropped points at Middlesbrough at the weekend, but I think even if we do there's every chance we put together another big run of wins like this one just gone later in the season. I think our depth will shine through over some of the busy periods and we'll win games quietly and efficiently.

So in short, happy, Maresca doing very well particularly given how much of a rookie he is, but it is hard to not imagine everything through the prism of being a PL club and that'll naturally cap how happy you can actually be with things. Not that that is Maresca's fault at all.

23 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

It's possible to mention him as an option, without thinking him as the Second Coming

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Did well enough in a few games at the start of the season. Some nice play vs Coventry and Huddersfield. Nice assist for KDH's equaliser on the opening day. 

14 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Surely he's good enough for this league? 

Also, Enzo have turned other players around. Who's to say he won't revitalise Praet the same way he did with Vestegard? 

Exactly! 

8 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Even Vestergaard looks decent in this league mate.

Praet can be a good squad player for us this season and then leave on a free next Summer.

This. He's another body, takes pressure off players like Casadei and allows us to rest/rotate more. 

• Like 2