Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

A third of the season gone - your thoughts?

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

After the Leeds result I am firmly in the ‘Enzo OUT’ club

You do wonder sometimes about the mentality and intelligence of some fans on here!. Yes we lost to Leeds and it was very disappointing but put things into perspective. We are top of the league, we've had a fantastic start to the season and yet there is always room for improvement. We cannot possibly go out and win every game. There are lots of factors throughout a season injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc. Any loss is disappointing but it doesn't mean we're S%£t, I get fans some fans on here will never be happy unless we win every game and smash the opposition into smithereens but the reality is we won't win every game, we will most likely be promoted and football is a funny old tame. Moan away fans.

So far so good. 

I think the last few games have shown a slight dip in form, but i'm not too worried. We've got the best squad in the league, quality in every position.  And we've got Enzo, who's doing a brilliant job.

I'd love nothing more than to break the Championship points record and win the league. But at the end of the day, getting promoted is the only thing that matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Btw anyone lucky enough to go QPR and have the scenes at the final whistle…if you can’t warm to that, you ain’t far off as cold as stone emotionally when it comes to football. 

Btw if we didn’t lose those games/dropped those points, it would have been historically record breaking. It would have been a club record victory on Friday night (equalling a run of 9 when promoted under Pearson last weekend) and would have us chasing the best ever start to a season by any club since the football league began. Like we are talking records since 1880s!

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Need something against Boro.  Then push on after the International Break. Recent performances have not been great but points tally excellent.  Just need to get out of this league.

19 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

You do wonder sometimes about the mentality and intelligence of some fans on here!. Yes we lost to Leeds and it was very disappointing but put things into perspective. We are top of the league, we've had a fantastic start to the season and yet there is always room for improvement. We cannot possibly go out and win every game. There are lots of factors throughout a season injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc. Any loss is disappointing but it doesn't mean we're S%£t, I get fans some fans on here will never be happy unless we win every game and smash the opposition into smithereens but the reality is we won't win every game, we will most likely be promoted and football is a funny old tame. Moan away fans.

You don’t think the post you quote may have been just a little bit, sorry, understatement, completely and utterly sarcastic? :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

So far so good. 

I think the last few games have shown a slight dip in form, but i'm not too worried. We've got the best squad in the league, quality in every position.  And we've got Enzo, who's doing a brilliant job.

I'd love nothing more than to break the Championship points record and win the league. But at the end of the day, getting promoted is the only thing that matters.

^ Said it for me!.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

So far so good. 

I'd like to go undefeated from now on and better the 3 losses of 2015 - 16.

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Some of our fans can be a bit dumb I agree:P

The excellent start allows us a rough patch which we currently seem to be in although it's not really a rough patch just not playing at our best and the Leeds defeat has hurt me, same as Hull.

Pretty dam good so far though and it also shows how good Ipswich have been.

8 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

So far so good. 

I think the last few games have shown a slight dip in form, but i'm not too worried.

Is it a dip in form or just other teams getting wiser? Personally I think it’s a bit of both but like you I’m not too worried

Better than I had imagined Enzo had bought back the feel good factor to the KP, he’s given our lads some confidence to go on and play freely developing some of the fringe players bringing in the odd academy lads it’s a real disappointment with the loss of Doyle cannon and Ndidi to injury thought Doyle was solid at times Winks has been a god send and  WTF has happened to Vestergaard from Xero to hero ? 

As some have said there are some improvements we could make but we’re top of the league we can’t win every game, I’m really enjoying our style of play both home and away teams see us as the team to beat in this league and some are really having a good go at us till they Fuch up and we capitalise on their mistakes.

its still a long way to go til the end of this season so I’m sure Enzo will bring in a bit more fire power in January to keep us in the running to go STRAIGHT BACK UP but it’s not going to be easy like some have thought we’d walk this league, so all in all we’ve gone above and beyond and hope these great performances can continue to grow I’m sure we’ll have the odd slip up but I can still see us going back to the Promised Land 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS IN ENZO WE TRUST !!

19 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Better than I had imagined Enzo had bought back the feel good factor to the KP, he’s given our lads some confidence to go on and play freely developing some of the fringe players bringing in the odd academy lads it’s a real disappointment with the loss of Doyle cannon and Ndidi to injury thought Doyle was solid at times Winks has been a god send and  WTF has happened to Vestergaard from Xero to hero ? 

As some have said there are some improvements we could make but we’re top of the league we can’t win every game, I’m really enjoying our style of play both home and away teams see us as the team to beat in this league and some are really having a good go at us till they Fuch up and we capitalise on their mistakes.

its still a long way to go til the end of this season so I’m sure Enzo will bring in a bit more fire power in January to keep us in the running to go STRAIGHT BACK UP but it’s not going to be easy like some have thought we’d walk this league, so all in all we’ve gone above and beyond and hope these great performances can continue to grow I’m sure we’ll have the odd slip up but I can still see us going back to the Promised Land 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS IN ENZO WE TRUST !!

This weekend you would of thought from some posts we have

Gone further backwards & downwards,stuck in sidewards mode

like watching a crab do the oki-Koki ..:huh:

I'd have accepted 11 points behind the leaders and in touch with the play-offs so to be in this position after 3 months is a dream.

I'm very much on board the promotion cruise liner mentioned elsewhere but I've seen too many seasons to think we're home & hosed, especially with Ipswich having the sort of momentum last seen in 2016.

Credit to Rudkin and the club for organising the near perfect pre season that has set up this amazing start :)

In truth, i dont think anyone had us down for this level of success before the season... so if you aint happy... well, youre probably a Leicester fan lol 

• Like 1

So..Because I can’t sleep. Turned on my Sport specification crystal Ball

Dial turned onto balanced bias.The somewhat perturbed geni she

added my  3 wishes…and we conjured this up,

between rounds of strip poker.

I could spoil it to also reveal play-off,

but we don’t want to upset the Tykes too early..

And Geni was anyway about to disrobe her last Veil..

1 Leicester   46 38 3 5 98 26 72 117
2 Ipswich   46 32 6 8 98 36 52 102
3 Leeds   46 31 7 8 102 42 60 100
4 Southampton   46 24 14 8 75 51 24 86
5 WBA   46 22 11 13 76 71 5 77
6 Sunderland   46 22 10 12 65 66 -1 76

7.    PNE.                 46. 20. 12  14.  72 72.   0.   72

8.    M‘borough.      46. 20.   9. 17.  78 70.   8.   69

Edited by fuchsntf