Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

A third of the season gone - your thoughts?

25 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Surely he's good enough for this league? 

Also, Enzo have turned other players around. Who's to say he won't revitalise Praet the same way he did with Vestegard? 

...to be honest, a lot of the positions in the team have been simplified!!!

He may be able to adopt and give us more than he has shown previously. I am sure he was the player using the third-man running ploy which had him bearing down to the opposition's goal. He failed to finish, but it was the most effect that he had looked for a long, long time.

Casadei's performance made me feel even Praet in that position would have been more effective.

Heard a different perspective from the NTT20 podcast:

From their point of view it took Leeds all playing at 10s defensive and attacking (especially their central defence and midfield) for 90 mins to beat us 1-0! 

How many of the rest of the Championship could manage those levels is very slim! 

(Also we possibly had an off day) 

Therefore I’m only Leicester worried about the rest of the season, not sensibly worried.

10 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Not really, no. Jannick barely got an opportunity for us before this season. Praet’s had loads. 

well he did but i get your point. Praet deserves a chance just like the others did. He is an international footballer that has been plagued with injuries. 

No doubt about it, we have done magnificently well and the results testify to that. We’ve exorcised the demons from last year and rebuilt a young and dynamic squad. At times it feels as though we are not out of second gear though and as promotion looks inevitable I am looking for us to push on now and move onto 4th over the next 3rd.  Burnley have done us a favour here as they have shown the need to be more resilient and have a ‘dig-in’ attitude when stuff doesn’t got your way. Therefore I’m wanting us to move into 5th gear for the final 3rd making us more robust and a feared team going into the prem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

No doubt about it, we have done magnificently well and the results testify to that. We’ve exorcised the demons from last year and rebuilt a young and dynamic squad. At times it feels as though we are not out of second gear though and as promotion looks inevitable I am looking for us to push on now and move onto 4th over the next 3rd.  Burnley have done us a favour here as they have shown the need to be more resilient and have a ‘dig-in’ attitude when stuff doesn’t got your way. Therefore I’m wanting us to move into 5th gear for the final 3rd making us more robust and a feared team going into the prem.

...I really feel we are not going to get to where you believe we are in 4th or 5th gears!!!

We do not get a two-goal league early in games and turn up the level of performance where the opposition is forced to sit deep to keep the score down, or have a go and commit players forward and leave us space to exploit. With a one-goal lead, the opposition is still in the game, we cannot cut loose and we just use the system to wear down the teams in front of us.

A creative #8 aligned with our wingers producing will give us better options, at the moment we will have to rely on wearing the opposition down late in the games.