Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Just now, SecretPro said:

Hate to say it but this performance has Echos of Brenda. Very, very slow going forward.

Get Nacho off for ****s sake, it's like playing with 10 men.

I'd be tempted to throw Cannon on now, if not throw Fatawu up there, i've got very little faith left in Vardy or Daka to turn this around. 

• Like 1

If our players were capable of playing what they see first time in the final third we'd have the game sewn up by now. 

We are taking too many touches and delaying passes that are on. A few times now Iheanacho has peeled off of his defender and been in acres of space only not to receive rhe ball.

• Like 3

I'm concerned. For large periods we had control of the game and possession and did make some good opportunities. But this team has looked like it's needed the international break for a few games already, and this one is no different. I imagine the subs this half will be Fatawu, Casadei and Vardy... is that enough to turn the game?

Last 5 minutes Boro had some excellent opportunities and should be ahead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Another nondescript half. We’ve lost something recently. Perhaps Ndidi?

We're starting to look over coached again. No one is trying anything different. Yunus and Fatawu are a loss as they are capable but even Fatawu recently has been playing it safe - remember his first 3/4 games? Vardy should be playing away from home his ability to stretch the defence instead of the striker playing in front of the back four would help too. 🙄

Fairly even.

We've had chances but their keeper, like ours, has coped with what has neen thrown at him.

Kasey been a bit lax.  

A few really tasty tackles being waved on.

The commentary by those boro lads on my stream - sounds like they're gargling glass fragments.

• Haha 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Why do some of you follow leicester? lol

We've played alright on the whole. Couple of people need a kick up the arse but we've been good. 

All entitled to our opinions, but if you think that's good i'm not sure what to say. If we get promoted and play how we've played in most games (in the first half) this season we will be multiple goals down before we even come into the game. 

Really, really poor imo. 

• Like 3

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Why do some of you follow leicester? lol

We've played alright on the whole. Couple of people need a kick up the arse but we've been good. 

Think our midfield has been fine, it’s the attack that’s the problem today. A different front 3 and we could easily have had way more chances and given away way less chances too. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

we usually come on strong in games like this…

going in 0-0 they are going to press a bit more and give us a few more chances in the second half..

hope so, cos we’re lucky to be level in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm concerned. For large periods we had control of the game and possession and did make some good opportunities. But this team has looked like it's needed the international break for a few games already, and this one is no different. I imagine the subs this half will be Fatawu, Casadei and Vardy... is that enough to turn the game?

Last 5 minutes Boro had some excellent opportunities and should be ahead.

Casadei isn’t the bloody answer 😂