Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Just now, Paninistickers said:

It's not shite. We look classy and comfortable (bar those last 2 mins) and if we step up a gear as I expect, we'll win

I think we look comfortable because Boro are happy to let us pass ourselves to sleep, the moment Boro get the ball we fall apart right across the pitch. 
Boro are just letting us pass it to death. 

We were fine in general play for 35 mins. The issue was not exploiting the occasions we managed to break the lines because our decision making was too safe.

Last 10 was poor and we needed the goalkeeper to bail us out.

We desperately need more from Nacho, he's a total dead weight playing like this. 

• Like 3

I don't really like the defensive shuffle. With the ball Vesty would normally be central bringing it up, but hes dropping left with Hamza central who has his back to goal all the time as he pushes up to the man in central mid. We're not keeping the ball as well whilst transitioning. Heavy touches and taking a second too long on the ball at times has negatively impacted us at both ends.

However, we've got plenty of options on the bench to choose from. Lots of ways to change the game in our favour. Time for Enzo to keep us going the right way.

It's not been awful, it's just not been very eventful so far.

Edited by JimJams

We're really missing Wilf. We are looking disjointed up top, too.

But we were still the better team for that first half overall - the late flourish from boro was not representative of the whole half.

Improvements needed, but overall a solid away first half and from from the "shite" that some are calling it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

If our players were capable of playing what they see first time in the final third we'd have the game sewn up by now. 

We are taking too many touches and delaying passes that are on. A few times now Iheanacho has peeled off of his defender and been in acres of space only not to receive rhe ball.

The dithering in final 3rd has been an issue for many games yeah, could have been 2-0 up by now, but boro had some good chances themselves as well.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

All entitled to our opinions, but if you think that's good i'm not sure what to say. If we get promoted and play how we've played in most games (in the first half) this season we will be multiple goals down before we even come into the game. 

Really, really poor imo. 

All entitled to our opinions but if you think that’s really really poor I’m not sure what to say.

also the highlighted part is the most irrelevant angle and I’m not sure why people keep referencing next season when we’re not even half way through this year 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ref buys it every time, why stop?

Yea the ref is shocking. They’ve done two very bad tackles in our lads and one yellow.

Their guy trips over his own feet and another dives equals us having 2 yellows. Crap ref 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

All entitled to our opinions, but if you think that's good i'm not sure what to say. If we get promoted and play how we've played in most games (in the first half) this season we will be multiple goals down before we even come into the game. 

Really, really poor imo. 

Gob smacked. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX