Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Think our midfield has been fine, it’s the attack that’s the problem today. A different front 3 and we could easily have had way more chances and given away way less chances too. 

Yeah, we've controlled the game for the most part. Like we do every first 45. People are making out like we've just been battered. Even their comms aren't making those claims. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think we lack a little class in the right 8 position.

Lot of pressure on KDH to create.

Said it for 2 or 3 games now, we miss Ndidi. He had 3 goals & 3 assists in 6 games before his injury, he presses high and doesn't fanny about on the ball. We've lost 2 or 3 players and suddenly players like Ricardo are having to drop into unfamiliar positions and it all looks a bit disjointed

• Like 3

Casey holding onto the ball in dangerous positions yet when he’s in open space he passes backwards. 

Hamza always asking for the ball but takes an extra touch and too slow to release so passes backwards. A few times he could’ve turned with ease but sent it back.  

Nacho holds onto the ball for too long, once he needs to use his right foot he powers down. 

Justin needs to send the ball forward for Mavadidi to run onto.

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

All entitled to our opinions but if you think that’s really really poor I’m not sure what to say.

also the highlighted part is the most irrelevant angle and I’m not sure why people keep referencing next season when we’re not even half way through this year 

Because that is where we should be. This squad should be putting games to bed with quality, week in week out we go into the final 10-15 mins where teams are a goal away from taking points. 
Every single football club in the top 8 is already putting plans in place for if they potentially get promoted, we all expect to go up, so why would we not be looking 6 months into the future? The earlier we can prepare for the premier league the higher chance we have of staying up. 

Edit:
I get that we can only take games one at a time, but my point is that we are building a blueprint under Enzo with a very specific style of play, so as much as it's 1 game at a time, we should also be looking at the style in the context of where we might be next season, I'm just not letting the table or results paper over very obvious cracks. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suppose we need to remember that this is a decent in-form team we're up against, so not unhappy with the scoreline, even understandable the chances we've given up (though the manner of how we've conceded them is a bit worrying), but i am disappointed in our attacking play, some good moments but far too often things just broke down, and invariably because of the deeply ineffective disinterested looking nacho.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Said it for 2 or 3 games now, we miss Ndidi. He had 3 goals & 3 assists in 6 games before his injury, he presses high and doesn't fanny about on the ball. We've lost 2 or 3 players and suddenly players like Ricardo are having to drop into unfamiliar positions and it all looks a bit disjointed

Exactly this

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Because that is where we should be. This squad should be putting games to bed with quality, week in week out we go into the final 10-15 mins where teams are a goal away from taking points. 
Every single football club in the top 8 is already putting plans in place for if they potentially get promoted, we all expect to go up, so why would we not be looking 6 months into the future? The earlier we can prepare for the premier league the higher chance we have of staying up. 

You highlight the quality and how we should be putting teams to bed earlier, but isn't that the exact reason we actually don't. Because sides for the most part set up to counter us, teams like Rotherham know full well if they come at us they'll probably get a slapping.

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

This needs to stop as we, like every team, are where we deserve to be, with no rights to be anywhere else. We shouldn`t be a Premier League team but we all hope, maybe expect that will be an actual Premier League team next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I think that often gives a bit of a false sense of comfortability, as soon as we lose possession and teams run at us we often flounder. 

But for the most part this season it's the opposition that flounder as they simply can't keep it up for 90 minutes. We've won 13 from 15, I don't think you can say it gives false security and doesn't work, as the results show it has.