Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You highlight the quality and how we should be putting teams to bed earlier, but isn't that the exact reason we actually don't. Because sides for the most part set up to counter us, teams like Rotherham know full well if they come at us they'll probably get a slapping.

Yea we’re struggling against these deep blocks but our guys have been over hitting simple passes and should be doing better. They need to show quality and delicate touches, especially KDH if he thinks he’s a higher level.

A lot has been said about us scoring late goals and the fact we have scored a lot in the last 30 minutes (and not conceded a single goal) so we have to believe - 13 wins from 15 still speaks volumes

However it has started to look like we play just expecting a late goal and not actually forcing them to defend. We are keeping the ball, but I don't think we are moving teams about and wearing them down like we did at the start of the season - but a 2nd half to prove me wrong would be most welcome

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Because that is where we should be. This squad should be putting games to bed with quality, week in week out we go into the final 10-15 mins where teams are a goal away from taking points. 
Every single football club in the top 8 is already putting plans in place for if they potentially get promoted, we all expect to go up, so why would we not be looking 6 months into the future? The earlier we can prepare for the premier league the higher chance we have of staying up. 

You can bet your bottom dollar the club are making plans for next season and the premier league, just relax.

An average 45 minutes away at Middlesbrough and suddenly the club are without any strategy and we’re already doomed for next seasons premier league lol all the groundwork we’ve done pre season under Enzo is suddenly out the window. Crikey

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

There's a reason I've called for more attacking talent in January. What we have isn't enough. Another quality number 8 required also. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

This needs to stop as we, like every team, are where we deserve to be, with no rights to be anywhere else. We shouldn`t be a Premier League team but we all hope, maybe expect that will be an actual Premier League team next season

Fair enough, yes we deserved to go down, but with the squad we had we massively underperformed and realistically would still be there if we had no held on to Rodgers for so long. But given the table we should still be preparing the club for potential promotion both off and on the field. We have some very glaring issues imo. 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

You can bet your bottom dollar the club are making plans for next season and the premier league, just relax.

An average 45 minutes away at Middlesbrough and suddenly the club are without any strategy and we’re already doomed for next seasons premier league lol all the groundwork we’ve done pre season under Enzo is suddenly out the window. Crikey

It's the vast majority of first halves this season, please don't strawman my position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

But for the most part this season it's the opposition that flounder as they simply can't keep it up for 90 minutes. We've won 13 from 15, I don't think you can say it gives false security and doesn't work, as the results show it has.

And I agree, we have the quality to see the 90 minutes through, but should we get promotion and continue making very poor defensive mistakes and wasting good attacking chances, we will be punished by top tier teams. It works in the final 10-15 minutes yes, but for the first 75 we are a mistake away from conceding, premier league teams won't often waste the chances that championship clubs do. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

It's the vast majority of first halves this season, please don't strawman my position. 

Regardless of the squad we have if you genuinely expect us to turn up and slap teams 4-0 every week in the championship then you need to reassess your expectations. 

There’s clearly room for improvement I’m not disputing that but bloody hell, the negativity you’re spouting is really boring.