Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

They would be more open yeah, and that's probably an argument in favour of our style, but the argument against it would be that premier league teams would also be far better defensively, which is something we struggle to break down, they likely would not be parking the bus like many teams do in this league, but they would not need to. An open premier league team is still infinitely more dangerous than a park the bus championship team. 

Yeah it's early days and the turnaround has been great, but that doesn't really excuse issues, it just gives a little bit of breathing room to improve. 

You're also working on the assumption playing personnel will be the same, hard to comment on how we'd do next year if we do go up.

It is allowed to criticise a team that's top of the table. We don't have to wait until they're knocked off top spot if we can clearly see they aren't playing well. Without Ndidi (can't believe I'm saying that) we seem to be much less effective as a unit. 

We've got away with it against some of the less able teams and then got utterly outplayed by Leeds last week. We're no better today and I'm not seeing much sign that maresca knows how to change things up, given the performance today. It could just be a dip in form, or it could be that teams have worked out how to cope with our style of play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Come on City silence the moaners, unbelievable how so many can turn on a team that are top of the league, criticising most of our players, get a grip. 

It's entirely fair to criticise a performance like this in my opinion.

Still think we'll win, and I'll be cheering as loud as anyone when we score.

Doesn't mean a number of players haven't been very poor today.

• Thanks 1