Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Again, you're just straw-manning my position with hyperbole. I don't understand how it's "negativity" to state something that we can see, most first halves this season have been poor. The table is great, but unlike seemingly much of this forum, it does not paper over the cracks for me. I don't expect 4-0 wins every week. 

I agree re first halves.

It’s negative to assume that Leicester, top of the league and most resource in the league are not planning for next season:

‘Every single football club in the top 8 is already putting plans in place for if they potentially get promoted, we all expect to go up, so why would we not be looking 6 months into the future?’

I really wish we were more like Preston as they seem to have it all planned out ;)

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You're also working on the assumption playing personnel will be the same, hard to comment on how we'd do next year if we do go up.

Oh i'm fully confident we will make some signings. And I agree one of the big problems with this season is that teams are not setting up how premier league teams would, so it's a bit of a concern that when we do go up, we will have been playing a specific way that we likely won't be allowed to play in the top flight, Burnley have got the same problem at the moment where they have had to try to very quickly change their style to suit higher quality opposition and so far it's not really working, but they have signed a lot of new players who have yet to impress.
We won't have 70% possession in the premier league should we go up, so it's about what we do with the possession that counts. It's really hard to tell what will happen should we go up, can only hope we are in a position to buy some decent players. 

We have lost the spark the little bit of excitement. This is like watching Brendan ball again, slow build up, get to the edge of the box and go back. Only one or two want to take on a shit and they haven't done anything. 

We need to get back to getting on the attack again quickly when we win the ball back. 

We know Enzo can do it and the boys can do. 

Let's get at it