Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

After winning 9 games in a row there was always going to be a rough patch no matter how good our squad is. Last 4 games despite winning the first 2 have felt a little off. So annoying that free kick came from a Vestergaard back heel in his own half lol. Beginning to find Justin quite frustrating now, I don’t know if that’s me being harsh or not. 

I totally agree with your take on the last 4 matches, agree about JJ as well, I thought he would be amazing in the Championship but very average. Hopefully we can pick up some final third magic again soon!.

A bit of individual brilliance was the difference today and sometimes you just hold your hands up. 

Need to work on the offensive side of our game in prep for Watford. Iheanacho I am done with. He needs to sit out a few and ponder what he wants for the future. 

McAteer had a shocker but he hasn't played for ages. I can forgive him that. 

Maybe time Justin sat it out also with Conor Coady coming in to offer some grit and determination. Faes can play left. 

In summary no need to panic but need to get the bit between our teeth again. I think we will be a different beast with Ndidi, Younus and Praet back in midfield. 

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Another defeat, another toothless performance.  But your not allowed to say we were bad, because we still have an 8 point lead so therefore we will still win the league. 

I mean....it's not like we've blown a huge lead before is it.

And did you also praise the team after 13 games in equal measure? I only ever notice hour name on here when the boat starts to rock a bit.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I acknowledge that it was an absolute worldie scored against us with fantastic technique.

However, nitpicker that I am, was it just me or did the ref set our wall back about 13 yards from the kick ?

(potentially due to guilt at not playing advantage when he perhaps ought to have done) 

...did't the player take the ball back a bit in order to get it up and down!!!

The defence was where they were told to be, but the ball was not where the referee had taken the distance from.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

A bit of individual brilliance was the difference today and sometimes you just hold your hands up. 

Need to work on the offensive side of our game in prep for Watford. Iheanacho I am done with. He needs to sit out a few and ponder what he wants for the future. 

McAteer had a shocker but he hasn't played for ages. I can forgive him that. 

Maybe time Justin sat it out also with Conor Coady coming in to offer some grit and determination. Faes can play left. 

In summary no need to panic but need to get the bit between our teeth again. I think we will be a different beast with Ndidi, Younus and Praet back in midfield. 

Injured players are always the answer

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They have several years of unrivalled proven success to nullify the frustrations. But yes, I'd expect some would react quite badly to two defeats.

I would bet a hefty sum they didn't go into total meltdown questioning everything about the team and stating that whatever recent success they had was down to essentially luck though. 

It’s very difficult to know how to react to this one. We are not in form. That’s evident. Our play isn’t as fluid as it was a few games ago. I think the QPR and Sunderland games, even though we won were also not as fluid.

We have faced two teams who I think are good in this division and been beaten. In both of those games we’ve had a chance or two and it just hasn’t gone for us. That happens when you’re out of form. 

For a 46 game season, you’re just going to have periods like this. For once, I think an international is actually a good thing for us. We certainly need to re-group and find some of that form we have 4 games prior. 

Can you criticise the manager - it’s hard given where we are but I think in the last two he perhaps has shown his inexperience. Just on his substitutions. Any young boss is going to have that. 

Horrible to go into the international break out of form and with two defeats but we are still the best team in this division. The reaction, which is something that was lacking from our team in recent season needs to be right. I think it will be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

After winning 9 games in a row there was always going to be a rough patch no matter how good our squad is. Last 4 games despite winning the first 2 have felt a little off. So annoying that free kick came from a Vestergaard back heel in his own half lol. Beginning to find Justin quite frustrating now, I don’t know if that’s me being harsh or not. 

...Justin has been poor and has done a  few good things in games and probably why he has not had the crowd on his back!!!

But you are right, I find him frustrating and in the last game every time he received the ball he was either giving it away or making some ridiculous foul on the opposition. He is right footed so struggling on the left to push us forward.

Just now, Lillehamring said:

No one has 'sussed us out' - leeds and boro approached their games completely differently - there's not suddenly some magic 'how to beat leicester' formula.  

We didn't lose either game because the opposition were significantly (or even remotely) superior or because they completely nullified us, we lost them because they took their chances and we didn't, we had more than enough chances to have taken points from both games.

Slightly disagree both team nullified out wingers.  And we all know thats where our attack force comes from.