Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

We’ve won plenty of games this season that we didn’t really deserve to and today we’ve lost one we definitely didn’t deserve.

Having said that, had we won it would have been undeserved to. This week has been a bit of a reality check but we’re still the best team in this league and we will win it.

Stay calm. 

I'm worried. We've lost our way and are struggling to score. Boro were poor and we should have won comfortably but our poor finishing and decision making has ended up in another defeat. I could accept the Leeds defeat as they are a good side and deserved it. Boro were poor and the only time they got in our half 2nd half they scored a worldie free kick. Appalling that after they scored we didn't manage a single shot on target. I'm genuinely worried now that we won't get promoted as other teams are picking up whilst we've gone really flat. Our attacking options are worrying me now. 

• Sad 1

We were always going to have a blip, the gap is still 8 points probably good timing to have a blip before the January window, before the heavy workload of December and January fixtures. I just hope we sign at least two players in January we have had drop offs at the turn of the year in at least 2 of the last 4 seasons, we need a CM and a striker or to utilise the 4 we have (2 come January more affectively) I don't think any of the 4 are of PL quality currently.

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

Don’t think we played badly just the same that we have all season. Poor finishing and final ball cost us. The style of play is going to be frustrating when the results don’t back it up

That's my take on it too.

We started the second half badly, but around 60 minutes we took control of the game and we had lots of really good chances, but couldn't convert. Poor decision making in the final third. A stunner from them to win, you have to give Greenwood praise for a terrific free-kick.

It kind of feels like other teams have worked us out though. Haven't scored in the last two, and the underlying data suggests we didn't deserve to score many either.

• Like 4

Dire in the final third, no idea how the decision making can be so consistently shit, that coupled with absolutely no quality today and that's what happens

Mavididi was dreadful, Iheanacho not any better, yet despite having Daka and Cannon on the bench both somehow see out the 90

Also special shout out to the ref for making me appreciate the quality of Premier League referees despite all of the complaining right now 

enough chances to win, the kneejerkers will be jacking themselves for a fortnight though. Do just need to get things back together over the international break, things gone a bit toothless upfront and Enzo needs to go back to what was good, using the squad strength by actually making substitutions

• Like 1