Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

Just now, Aus Fox said:

We were by far the better team throughout 

But dilly dallied, couldn't hit the target for shit and left Nacho on for 90 mins. Being the better team doesn't win you games, promotions or titles if you can't find the net. Thus, we deserved nothing. We were nullified. Yes, we dominated possession, we always do, today that counts for nothing.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

That's my take on it too.

We started the second half badly, but around 60 minutes we took control of the game and we had lots of really good chances, but couldn't convert. Poor decision making in the final third. A stunner from them to win, you have to give Greenwood praise for a terrific free-kick.

It kind of feels like other teams have worked us out though. Haven't scored in the last two, and the underlying data suggests we didn't deserve to score many either.

Thank god for sense 

• Like 1

Too slow and patient. Need to be more direct

Massively lacking creativity.

Had a great start, but I thoroughly expect Leeds to catch us, they do have a stronger squad than us.

Can't keep passing it about for 75mins and hoping we tire the opposition down. 

39points is great, but it flatters our performances so far this season. Someone needs to take control on the pitch and get us through the next couple of games. A couple of convincing 2+ wins and we're back on track 

Ps, STOP TRYING TO PASS IT IN TO THE NET, WE ARENT MAN CITY .. SHOOT ON SITE

• Like 2

To be fair, that performance was no different to many this season.

Thought we shaded the game but on this occasion, we've been punished by quality we've not seen from opponents in other games, and fluffed all of the presentable openings we made for ourselves.

Not overly concerned just yet.

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I'm worried. We've lost our way and are struggling to score. Boro were poor and we should have won comfortably but our poor finishing and decision making has ended up in another defeat. I could accept the Leeds defeat as they are a good side and deserved it. Boro were poor and the only time they got in our half 2nd half they scored a worldie free kick. Appalling that after they scored we didn't manage a single shot on target. I'm genuinely worried now that we won't get promoted as other teams are picking up whilst we've gone really flat. Our attacking options are worrying me now. 

Thought they played for a draw and got a win. Need to remind ourselves teams are going to put everyone behind the ball and hope they nick it.

Enzo needs to start working on a plan B when things aren’t going our way.

That was such a dogshit performance. It's like the players just think they have to turn up and they'll win. Not being funny but anyone who thought we were playing well when we luckily beat Sunderland and QPR needs to give their head a wobble. As far as I can tell we've been crap for weeks and teams have well and truly sussed us out...starve us of space and time and we are f***ed. Very very disappointed with Nacho today.... absolutely useless out there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Lacked urgency apart from the 10 mins preceding their goal. Our goals have dried up. Need to have a plan b.

Plan B Wiggo? You're having a laugh - it's Plan A with intensity, clinicality, frustratingly, possessiony. Very frustrating....

Although losing brings a more negative vibe, the performance itself was awful. We created nothing for ourselves and couldn't finish the chances they laid on a plate for us.

Wingers aren't enough of a threat and the strikers dropping so deep it's clogging the middle.

Is Enzo overcomplicating things?

1 minute ago, Izzet is God said:

Thought they played for a draw and got a win. Need to remind ourselves teams are going to put everyone behind the ball and hope they nick it.

Enzo needs to start working on a plan B when things aren’t going our way.

Yep pretty much what I said, Boro were poor. One of the worst sides we've played and we lost. A draw would have been bad, a defeat is a complete shambles