Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

I acknowledge that it was an absolute worldie scored against us with fantastic technique.

However, nitpicker that I am, was it just me or did the ref set our wall back about 13 yards from the kick ?

(potentially due to guilt at not playing advantage when he perhaps ought to have done) 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What were they like?

I thought they were great. A bit bias as you'd expect but very energetic and engaging. Injected a bit of humour and banter and gave us credit where it was due. 

• Thanks 1

If anyone else says “no plan b” again they should be banned this system is both plan A and plan B…… the whole point is that it’s a flexible system. 

The problem is, we’re not clinical enough, and teams are realising this and no longer sitting off us. Enzo has some thinking to do, because the attack is currently garbage, only Abdul has really shown anything recently and even he isn’t really that productive. 

Enzo has got to think about what he’s asking of the players, because at the moment it’s not getting the best out of them. We’ve got the two best full backs in the league, and they’re playing at CB and CM. It’s all well and good trying to play a certain way, but when you’re restricting your key players best traits you’ll be restricting the team.

• Like 2

We have to have a plan B now.

I can't remember the last game where Enzo ball was working and we were ripping teams apart.. we scraped by Sunderland, beat qpr with a deflected shot and a wonder strike.. and created nothing in the last two games 

We've been worked out, teams know not to press the defenders to stop us breaking the lines to midfield.. instead they are waiting now for us to press the ball forward where they can then hit us on the counter and actually run at our back line. 

Personally I wouldn't be against bringing in some 6ft 4 plus lump to play more direct in games like this. Need to be more physical and get bullied less.

I like Enzos calm persona and I do enjoy the style when it works.. but I had the same thoughts at the start of Brenda's reign and he never changed his style either. That being said, I have faith in Enzo, but he has to instate a plan b now 

• Like 3

Just now, Pliskin said:

If anyone else says “no plan b” again they should be banned this system is both plan A and plan B…… the whole point is that it’s a flexible system. 

The problem is, we’re not clinical enough, and teams are realising this and no longer sitting off us. Enzo has some thinking to do, because the attack is currently garbage, only Abdul has really shown anything recently and even he isn’t really that productive. 

Enzo has got to think about what he’s asking of the players, because at the moment it’s not getting the best out of them. We’ve got the two best full backs in the league, and they’re playing at CB and CM. It’s all well and good trying to play a certain way, but when you’re restricting your key players best traits you’ll be restricting the team.

Great, so how many shots did this plan have on target after they scored???? 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But isn't the the whole point ? We are not winning and its not going our way so we need to change something to score goals ?  Thats Enzos job

Edited by Trent Steel

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I thought they were great. A bit bias as you'd expect but very energetic and engaging. Injected a bit of humour and banter and gave us credit where it was due. 

Fair play to them, they went nuts at the ref for stopping play to award the free kick instead of playing advantage, then when they scored they were laughing at themselves.

At least that's what I think they were saying, I don't speak fluent Narnian.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Have to agree with a lot of this.. when I saw Ricardo in the 8 and hamza at right back I worried.

Yes hamza is not seen as creative but he is a midfielder... and riccy is a defender.. just seemed to me that in order to fill Wilfs spot we ended up changing a few and it never works.

Looking forward to having Wilf back as we're too lightweight and he's been quite creative this season.

We just seem to either want to pass it in to the net or indecisive and making the wrong choices... kdh particularly for me

I don't feel we create enough chances myself to slander the front line, but they have been poor with the scraps they are getting. Vards and kelechi are struggling, cannons back from a long lay off and daka is well... daka.. so I can't see an improvement any time soon. I'd be tempted to start mcateer up top, at least he moves about 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Fully agree we played well and we’re well on top. They scored an amazing free kick which no gk saves. What can you do. I assume there will be a loads of Herbert’s buzzing to state how we have no plan b though 

...we are predictable, we do the same thing over and over!!!

Teams know how to handle us, they are never out of games as we do not punish teams when in the ascendency. A plan B, how about switching the wingers around, giving the opposition something else to contend with? With this option, we can pull passes back from the byeline as opposed to the square balls across goals. We are toothless with our wingers not producing, they are so predictable when they are in possession, we need a maverick upfront who other teams can't read and do the unexpected.

Liverpool was the big influence on how to approach games against us, lesser teams are going to try and press us and man mark, and they will then go into a low block later in the game and hope for the breakaway goal, we look likely to concede in this way.