Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

For me, the warning signs have always been there, even when we were winning. Don't create anywhere near enough, whether that's style of play, tactics and players just not being good enough i don't know. We are reliant on scoring a certain type of goal. Enzo lack of subs and changing is worrying in my opinion. 

No panic though, the points total gives us a great chance. There was always going to be a period of poor results. Break cones at a good time, allows us to get some players back and rethink our attacking strategy.

• Like 1

Doyle and Ndidi injuries have altered the balance of the team. I think we’ll be fine, but this period where we’ve looked a little tired, ragged and untidy is concerning. The positive is that when we have lost it’s by 1. We are not getting heavily beaten, and have been in all of those defeats which have all gone the other way.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

After winning 9 games in a row there was always going to be a rough patch no matter how good our squad is. Last 4 games despite winning the first 2 have felt a little off. So annoying that free kick came from a Vestergaard back heel in his own half lol. Beginning to find Justin quite frustrating now, I don’t know if that’s me being harsh or not. 

8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This defeat, as shithousedly as it was achieved, was the inevitable consequence of Enzo being awarded the Manager of the Month.

Postecoglu suffered the same curse.

No more MOTM's.  :mad:

There is no truth in the old cliché about the ‘curse’ of the manager of the month award. 

52 minutes ago, Balj said:

An aggressive in-form striker - it’s what we’ve been missing all season despite the wins.

...it was good to see McAteer back on again, I would have loved to have seen Cannon start today!!!

Whether it is Vardy or Nacho, we are still not effective upfront and we need something different from what they bring. Bringing on Daka would not have helped, he would be just as frustrating as using Vardy, with them sitting so deep.

Enzo not using his subs gives the impression he is looking to make a statement regarding the January window as the players from the bench would not have made any difference from what we saw today, just more of the same..

• Like 1

What is worrying,today M’borough changed a draw into a win

We have had 3 questionable losses,from a biased side of things..

3 losses,we couldn’t turn into a draw that top teams do..

we had 4-6 chances. Again We are not converting half of them..

With an International break coming up, Nacho ten minutes in 2nd half

should of been pulled and Cannon given his debut..No lose situation,

no matter result,,and I would of brought on either Casadei,or Albrighton

to change our approach..

We are a good team at this level.

Our points tally so far flatters us a bit. We are definitely one of the best teams in this league, just not miles better like the points tally suggests.

It will end up being a close race for the automatic spots, but we’ll be in the mix. I didn’t even think that would be the case pre-season so still pleased!

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There is no truth in the old cliché about the ‘curse’ of the manager of the month award. 

Ok, so who won the award this week in the Championship and the Premier League, and how did they get on?

:hamza:

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What is worrying,today M’borough changed a draw into a win

We have had 3 questionable losses,from a biased side of things..

3 losses,we couldn’t turn into a draw that top teams do..

we had 4-6 chances. Again We are not converting half of them..

With an International break coming up, Nacho ten minutes in 2nd half

should of been pulled and Cannon given his debut..No lose situation,

no matter result,,and I would of brought on either Casadei,or Albrighton

to change our approach..

agree with this, Enzo should of made a positive change and mixed it up for last 30 mins, would like to have seen cannon we need a forward who can finish the move, not saying cannon is the answer but at least try it

but he didnt

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

What ???????he was terrible, stupid shots when an easy goal scoring pass was needed

...the same problem which is running through this team, lack of composure!!!

You can't go around swinging at balls just hoping to catch it right. For a team that is drilled in passing the ball, the amount of time we butcher chances by not making the right decisions will continue to cost us. When games are so tight, you need that bit of composure to come to the fore but we mess up over and over again.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game today so can't comment on how we played. My observation of the last 3-4 games is we have become very predictable in the last 3rd . Now super what's his name might prove me wrong with his stats but to me we seem too stiff in positions. I would say that most of the time kdh swill get the ball he will be left corner of the box , play it to mavididi, get it back, across to ricci.  Out to fatawu and repeat in reverse.  Just playing  across  the lines. Very rarely  see us interchanging  positions  and pulling a back 4 around. Never seem to create any space for a late arriving midfielder  to crash one home because we are to regimented and static. Would like to see us a bit more free up the top end.

• Like 1