Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Middlesbrough Post Match 1-0 Defeat

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The worrying thing is when there starts to be a blueprint for other teams to suss us out. 

Score a worldie or a fluke and hope our chances hit the woodwork? I think we'll be alright if that's the blueprint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time to calm down and reflect, just seem to struggle to make/take clear cut chances at the minute. Hopefully couple of players back from injury after the international break and we will be OK, refreshed squad and more competition for places is only good going forwards 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That is a long way out to concede from. Not sure if Mads starting position was correct 

It's set outside the goal and kisses the intersection between post and bar. And he's leathered it by the way. 

He saves that and everyone's calling for it to be save of the season, rightly so. 

Football fan opinions of goalkeeping will never cease to amaze me.

Guest Sideshow Faes
4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That is a long way out to concede from. Not sure if Mads starting position was correct 

It went in hard off the join between bar and post. It was an incredible hit. You can't blame the keeper.

6 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Laugh all you want but it's gone to shite since winks announced he was moving to Nottingham.

good point and dont forget forest SHOULD be in the PL as they are the biggest club in the east midlands cos they won the European cup twice like 45 years ago...

i think most of their fans still think Maggie Thatcher is still prime minister

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davelcfc100 said:

Watched the stream with the Borough commentators. They were annoying, wouldn’t like to listen to them every week. Though they were very worried for the 15 minutes before the goal. Looked like there was only one winner and if it wasn’t for a very well taken free kick, I believe we’d have gone on to win. Harsh but that’s football. 

...I did not think we were ever going to score today!!!

Much like the Hull game where we hit the post, the Leeds game where we hit the crossbar and as soon as Nacho hit the post, I just knew we were about to lose this game.

You would think they would practise 3 v 2 breakaways and have a pattern in place, as we keep taking the wrong option and this is not just down to this season. As it seems coaches do not appear to focus too much in this area, the only way to improve this problem is to buy better more intelligent players, because there is no way I see these players getting better in these situations.

• Like 1

Don’t press the panic button yet so we’ve lost 2 in a row ffs yes we wasted quite a few chances to go ahead during the game but we can’t win every game we’ll have dodgy results where we lose a couple but I’m sure Enzo will sort this problematic blip for the next game following the international break?

I’m not worrying yet we’ve had some decent results don’t know if this blip is from Enzo’s team choices or tactics or whether teams have finally found us out following Leeds win last week, but we’re still top of the league if only on goal difference I’m sure Ipswich will start slipping up soon as we have didn’t think we would just yet but hey rather have the blip now than later in the season, is it a confidence thing again or is it just the other team out performing us I’m not sure but one thing I’m sure about is that we’ll come good soon back to winning ways a break so Enzo can work on his squad get cannon firing on all cylinders as nacho & Vardy can’t seem to bang the goals in atm we need to find another scoring genius !!

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah a 3rd 1-0 defeat and being nullified and having attacking players doubled up on was more the point. 

That's not a blueprint opponents have concocted to stop us in our tracks though is it? Hull game is the only game I've missed all season but the Leeds and Boro games we've done more than enough to score. Certainly today.

Our problems are our own to fix. We need to be a little sharper in front of goal, it's as simple as that.

We were punished in the last two games because they are better sides so we don't get quite as many chances. 

In the games we win, we fluff just as many promising positions, it's just we're that much better than most teams that we can afford to be wasteful.

• Like 2