Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

During a season where it is effectively going to make no difference to whether they stay up

They overspent for years, scraped staying up 2 years in a row, and then only get the punishment when it doesn’t really matter

Oh well. 

If such cheating led to the destruction of LCFC, I’d have the blood lust.

As an individual I’m not better or worse off if we get £100 million off Everton or not. 

I’ve said my piece but I’d just hold one thought. Well a couple. 

You have to know the hatred of Dennis Wise and Eric Hall from Leicester fans because they pushed the button which put us into administration. 

I’d question what people’s reaction would be if when we went to administration, we got the standard points deduction of the time and still got promotion. However then Sheffield United turned up and said ‘we want compensation because we missed out on promotion’. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The size of the impact isn’t anywhere near the same. 

...would I  be overstating that the loss of a job for any individual is just as devastating!!!

The Hamas attack on Israel is just as heinous as the attack on the WTC, it is the same outcome, not sure we should judge it on numbers.

I understand what you are saying and my take is that we extract as much from them, as we possibly can. 

They chose to follow a practise that was calculated to preserve their Premier league survival, it appears to have worked in their favour. How much thought was there of the consequence of being caught and the livlihood of their general staff, none would be the answer. 

Until wrong doing is punished to fit the crime and carried out on an equal footing, UEFA are always going to be doing deals in backroom.

Just take a look at teams being relegated in Italy, and Rugby clubs being relegated due to breaches of the law, we need to establish a more robust approach to all this, where semantics do not decide the extent of guilt.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ve said my piece but I’d just hold one thought. Well a couple. 

You have to know the hatred of Dennis Wise and Eric Hall from Leicester fans because they pushed the button which put us into administration. 

I’d question what people’s reaction would be if when we went to administration, we got the standard points deduction of the time and still got promotion. However then Sheffield United turned up and said ‘we want compensation because we missed out on promotion’. 

You know for sure if this was us people on this forum would be reacting like Everton fans have been - some probably even as unhinged.

Football is sickeningly partisan and it is a cast iron fact that whilst we're screaming foul play, we'd be screaming about the corrupt PL/independent panel and balls deep in whataboutery, as EFC fans are doing.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Play with fire you get burnt.

We went in to administration because we were poorly run and suffered the consequences.

Everton are poorly ran, they are now suffering the consequences.

6,342 business went in to administration in the first quarter of 2023, all of those would have resulted in hardship and people losing their jobs.

Football needs to stop thinking its a special case, players can act likely they are above the law and morales world. Clubs can consistently lose money and be ran badly.

Time for some tough love and get this in order.

Everton are 3 on the list for club who have lost the most since the start of the PL.

UK inflation since the start of the PL has been 94%, PL wages in the same time have gone up by 2561%

If people can see that wrong and football has a problem, then you are part of the problem.

20231120_120108.jpg

Football is a special case, what other industry penalises investment?

• Like 1

Could this points deduction decision have been made at any point last season? I.E when were they charged? I presume our issues with this was the length of time it took for it to be announced and then appeals and independent reviews etc? 

This is why financial penalties are often fairer than points deductions / relegations at a point in time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The only reason the big clubs were happy with FFP being brought in was because it cemented their position at the top of English football for good. Not because it helped clubs avoid administration.

Only changes if the big clubs get properly punished. Would be interesting to see how much bother it would put the likes of Chelsea or Man City in if they were relegated a few leagues and had to comply with stringent EFL rules. I'm sure they'd come up with ways of injecting resource to pay for pissing the leagues and coming back up but would still be fascinating.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The only reason the big clubs were happy with FFP being brought in was because it cemented their position at the top of English football for good. Not because it helped clubs avoid administration.

...taking out the big boy's argument, surely the monitoring of clubs overspending and going out of business, in a sense was protecting the Football leagues!!!

Without FFP in plays, how many clubs would have folded and communities wrecked, due to no discernible checks and balances being in play?

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Everton apologists, regardless of being lcfc fans, are just fvcking weird man. I don't get it. 

I am not apologising for Everton. 

I am just principally don't like a football club with its community links and the affects of that going after another. In much the same way I disliked that Middlesbrough and Wycombe went for Derby County recently (and succeeded). 

There's no defence of Everton's cheating for me. It's our actions of beginning legal proceedings (and four others). 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Play with fire you get burnt.

We went in to administration because we were poorly run and suffered the consequences.

Everton are poorly ran, they are now suffering the consequences.

6,342 business went in to administration in the first quarter of 2023, all of those would have resulted in hardship and people losing their jobs.

Football needs to stop thinking its a special case, players can act likely they are above the law and morales world. Clubs can consistently lose money and be ran badly.

Time for some tough love and get this in order.

Everton are 3 on the list for club who have lost the most since the start of the PL.

UK inflation since the start of the PL has been 94%, PL wages in the same time have gone up by 2561%

If people can see that wrong and football has a problem, then you are part of the problem.

20231120_120108.jpg

Didn't state anything about football clubs being some bubble or their woes causing administration onto themselves. 

My argument is against LCFC's action which as it stands/rumoured would push Everton into administration. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Only changes if the big clubs get properly punished. Would be interesting to see how much bother it would put the likes of Chelsea or Man City in if they were relegated a few leagues and had to comply with stringent EFL rules. I'm sure they'd come up with ways of injecting resource to pay for pissing the leagues and coming back up but would still be fascinating.

Apparently not as they waited until 2 days before the deadline to submit their accounts, which left insufficient time to review and impose any sanctions last season.

It was before the deadline mind, not late, so not sure there is blame in this area.

Edited by Dahnsouff

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I am just principally don't like a football club with its community links and the affects of that going after another. In much the same way I disliked that Middlesbrough and Wycombe went for Derby County recently (and succeeded). 

There's no defence of Everton's cheating for me. It's our actions of beginning legal proceedings (and four others). 

Sheffield United sued West Ham many years ago over Tevez and it was settled out of court. They rightly received financial compensation (undisclosed) from West Ham as West Ham broke the rules and stayed up at their expense. Why should our board just sit and take it? It's not like they are going after a lower league club that is struggling. Everton have Billions behind them. If they went into administration it would be a farce to stave off the legal proceedings.  The most likely outcome anyway is that we will get nowhere near 100m that's just the headline amount. They will almost certainly settle with everyone if they think they will lose for 20-30m each and use the take it or good luck getting it if we put the club in administration approach. It will have been factored in to the Everton takeover price too. 

Edited by desertfox2
Minor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Sheffield United sued West Ham many years ago over Tevez and it was settled out of court. They rightly received financial compensation (undisclosed) from West Ham as West Ham broke the rules and stayed up at their expense. Why should our board just sit and take it? It's not like they are going after a lower league club that is struggling. Everton have Billions behind them. If they went into administration it would be a farce to stave off the legal proceedings.  The most likely outcome anyway is that we will get nowhere near 100m that's just the headline amount. They will almost certainly settle with everyone if they think they will lose for 20-30m each and use the take it or good luck getting it if we put the club in administration approach. It will have been factored in to the Everton takeover price too. 

Well done Sheffield United 👏🏻 

Doesn’t change my opinion 

Edited by CosbehFox

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

As awful as we were last season, Everton could arguably have been worse had they not signed players that led then to break the rules. 

And they are really getting away with it unless they have to pay us and the others some compensation.  The points penalty is nothing this season. They should still easily stay up. The only way this has any effect on them is if they do have to pay compensation.  Otherwise its just a slap on the wrist. 

Had they been given a 10 point penalty last year when this came to light. We stay up. 

Edited by desertfox2
Last season

58 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

But they cheated us. We are the victims here. We are fully entitled to stand up for ourselves, the club and community, and get justice for what they’ve done to us. And the same goes for Man City.

**** their fans, their loudest ones seem completely unrepentant and want to play the victims. Absolutely **** them. 

We should make an example of them and GET JUSTICE. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

But they cheated us. We are the victims here. We are fully entitled to stand up for ourselves, the club and community, and get justice for what they’ve done to us. And the same goes for Man City.

**** their fans, their loudest ones seem completely unrepentant and want to play the victims. Absolutely **** them. 

We should make an example of them and GET JUSTICE. 

Here is the first instalment of the settlement

IMG_0563.jpeg.20313184e09ed70bb2936de69f0b9238.jpeg

Cos he would still be here….