Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Here is the first instalment of the settlement

IMG_0563.jpeg.20313184e09ed70bb2936de69f0b9238.jpeg

Cos he would still be here….

He was gone already. If we had just stayed up at the expense of Everton then its possible but very unlikely Dean Smith may have been given the start of this season.  I'd like to think we would have still gone with Maresca but probably not so there is the silver lining. 

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He was gone already. If we had just stayed up at the expense of Everton then its possible but very unlikely Dean Smith may have been given the start of this season.  I'd like to think we would have still gone with Maresca but probably not so there is the silver lining. 

Yes, think Rodgers was done, but I too fear we would have been left with an “off the peg” manager, like Smith. 

edit Also think any rebuild commencement would have been much trickier in the Premier League, but could be wrong.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

But they cheated us. We are the victims here. We are fully entitled to stand up for ourselves, the club and community, and get justice for what they’ve done to us. And the same goes for Man City.

**** their fans, their loudest ones seem completely unrepentant and want to play the victims. Absolutely **** them. 

We should make an example of them and GET JUSTICE. 

Ahh forgot it can’t be arsed with arguing at the level of partisan anymore 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

I am not disagreeing with you at all but FFP did not get us relegated 

Ermmm, yes it did. All be it due to our crap recruitment in the preceding seasons, but we didn’t purchase any players last summer entirely because of FFP, so it absolutely was part of the reason we got relegated. Everton on the other hand, continued to spend beyond their means (from an FFP perspective), and thus benefited over us, that’s indisputable to any person with a reasonably sound logic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We should offer them a choice. Pay us the lost earnings, or they are able to avoid any compensation pay out and points deduction but they have to change their name to Evington Football Club and become a subsidiary of ours and vote Conservative. 

Susan, where do you this 100 milli sending to?

Or they could as a charitable  settlement grant 10 years naming rights to the new stadium as the God Save the King Stadium. 

Edited by desertfox2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can only assume tin foil hats are de rigueur on these Everton forums, as they spend so much spouting conspiracy, without many souls stopping to ask if they actually did anything wrong

They really do feel like everyone is against them or just have a victim mindset. Even Domino's. I'd love to find out what Domino's did other than make overated pizza. 

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...taking out the big boy's argument, surely the monitoring of clubs overspending and going out of business, in a sense was protecting the Football leagues!!!

Without FFP in plays, how many clubs would have folded and communities wrecked, due to no discernible checks and balances being in play?

I'm just pointing out that they wouldn't have agreed to anything that would lead to a more level playing field. They'd have realised this keeps them where they are and it still wasn't enough for their greed. Probably because even with these measures making it so unevenly balanced Spurs and Man United have done everything they can to fail year after year. 

It hasn't stopped teams going for broke and failing. Theres still unfit people taking over clubs with the fit and proper persons tests. They aren't bothered about whether clubs go busy or not, just anything to keep the big boys from running off into their shitty Super League. 

6 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Ermmm, yes it did. All be it due to our crap recruitment in the preceding seasons, but we didn’t purchase any players last summer entirely because of FFP, so it absolutely was part of the reason we got relegated. Everton on the other hand, continued to spend beyond their means (from an FFP perspective), and thus benefited over us, that’s indisputable to any person with a reasonably sound logic.

FFP probably saved us long term in that we were unable to give Rodgers and Congerton any more money to burn on donkeys. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Now been debated in the House of Commons!!

Haven't our politicians more important topics to discuss given the wretched state of our country and the world?

If they were any good at the important topics then is country wouldn't be such a wretched state.

14 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Sheffield United sued West Ham many years ago over Tevez and it was settled out of court. They rightly received financial compensation (undisclosed) from West Ham as West Ham broke the rules and stayed up at their expense. 

This mentality makes me laugh though. Especially when it's the same club that wanted us punished in 02/03. Sheffield United ended up playing Wigan last game of the season, at home, and lost 2-1 (Wigan finished 17th, Sheffield United 18th). Sheffield United went down on goal difference. Goal difference. Yes West Ham played with illegal players, especially Tevez who became so influential, but if Sheffield United were good enough to stay up then they'd have beaten Wigan on the very last day and stayed up.

12 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Yep . And add to that, once it became clear they were going to get points deducted they dicked the commission about so that the PL couldn’t apply the penalty in 2022/23 season . We are literally the only club entitled to claim that we were financially disadvantaged within the remit of the FP process currently in play 

38 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Now been debated in the House of Commons!!

Haven't our politicians more important topics to discuss given the wretched state of our country and the world?

I mean given the metric shitton of lobbyist money that goes into keeping things in the shitter so megacorps can keep rolling in cash, our politicians are not interested in actually addressing "the wretched state of our country and the world". Happens with basically all governing bodies, it's why man city will probably get away with a much lesser punishment that would warrant given their offences, because the PL and FA don't want to lose their revenue stream from man city

Guest Sideshow Faes

The Everton punishment really does lead to the conclusion that the only possible penalty for man city if find guilty would be relegation. I'm not saying I think they'd do that for a second - more likely a 30 point penalty so they end mid table - but Everton had one charge, man city have 115 much more serious charges against them.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This mentality makes me laugh though. Especially when it's the same club that wanted us punished in 02/03. Sheffield United ended up playing Wigan last game of the season, at home, and lost 2-1 (Wigan finished 17th, Sheffield United 18th). Sheffield United went down on goal difference. Goal difference. Yes West Ham played with illegal players, especially Tevez who became so influential, but if Sheffield United were good enough to stay up then they'd have beaten Wigan on the very last day and stayed up.

You just don't get it do you... If Tevez doesn't play for the chances are they go down instead. It's not about one game, it's about the season.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have a statement from the EFL explicitly clearing us of any wrongdoing AND conceding that their rules were too open to interpretation in the first place.

And Man city have never been officially found guilty so I guess that makes them innocent of all wrongdoing doesn't it?

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I think the club have properly mortgaged very heavily on getting promoted quickly and are pushing our finances to the limit, therefore if it goes wrong and we don't get promoted and then not win the compensation we could find ourselves in a very sticky situation. This will not end well.