Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

How do you quantify what we’ve lost from relegation? 

I can only assume it’s loss of TV revenue which can be quantified to a degree. 

You can’t put a number on the loss of money we have incurred selling Maddison and Barnes on the cheap. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

You can’t put a number on the loss of money we have incurred selling Maddison and Barnes on the cheap. 

It is hard to put a figure on for the reasons you state, also could be sponsorship and merchandise sales, only other time I can remember 1 club claiming from another was West Ham & Sheff United, they got £20 million but that was 14 years ago so based on that £100 million is not unreasonable in my opinion 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I keep seeing people on X quoting over and over, 'they've picked on the wrong club'. All sounding a bit sinister. Not sure what they mean. Perhaps because they see themselves as good at protesting, singing songs and waving banners. 

:dunno:

What they mean is next time prem officials are in town for a game they'll find their car up on bricks 

18 hours ago, Sly said:

You can’t, it’s too subjective, and that’s even if you get to this point which seems super unlikely too me.

On 22/11/2023 at 03:47, Daggers said:

There’s only one way to stop it. 

May I introduce you to non-league. 

Please tell me I’m missing the irony winky wink going on here?

A regulator won’t achieve anything. Fans voting with their wallets would. 

I think the Regulator is long over due and it remains to be seen what he's going to do.

I just hope he doesn't end up in the pockets of the big Clubs.

The problem I have is,  there's still no national Fans body involved in the whole process.

I hope this anomaly is one of the first things that the Regulator addresses.

Fans from all Clubs need to come together and appoint there own Representatives to look after there interests.

And that Clubs take them seriously.  They should even have Board representation on the different leagues.

Fans have been taken for granted for too long and trusting there Clubs to do the right thing,

Without the Fans football would be nothing.  

I realize that Everton cheated ... I get it !!    But let's be honest ...... We were pure unadulterated shite and deserved what we got. The club made mistake on top of mistake but if we can get some coin from Everton .. Great.   But at the end of the day the blame lies with LCFC...  not Everton. !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I realize that Everton cheated ... I get it !!    But let's be honest ...... We were pure unadulterated shite and deserved what we got. The club made mistake on top of mistake but if we can get some coin from Everton .. Great.   But at the end of the day the blame lies with LCFC...  not Everton. !!

...this has been stated over and over again, our performance or lack of one led to our relegation!!!

Let us take that as a given, whether we should or should not receive compensation is a moral dilemma, but Everton should be subjected to a punishment which equated to their cynicism towards FFP and the clubs fighting to stay on the right side of the legal line.

On 22/11/2023 at 22:03, Sly said:

Both sides argue their case, the judge makes a ruling on liability, should they find in favour of the claimant both sides argue their case on amount and the judge makes a ruling on the award, finally the same happens with costs.

Well worth a listen to the Athletic's podcast on this topic. People saying that it was only £20m over the limit ignore that they'd already been warned repeatedly by the PL about their transfer spending and alot of the costs towards their new stadium had been deducted from their losses. 

As for our position, I remember how frustrating it was last summer at the lack of transfer activity. Don't know how accurate reports were that we had to turn down signing Lookman for around £15m cus of FFP concerns. Then consider the goal that kept Everton up was scored by a player they bought for £21m, which was roughly the amount of their overspend. I know this is a simplistic way of looking at things, but I certainly get why people at the club would want to pursue compensation given the fine margins involved

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I can't help but think us and Burnley are taking Leeds and Southampton for a ride on the legal fees, both would have been relegated regardless and, with no causation, the best they can hope for is a couple of million for finishing one place lower.

Saints have pulled out of the claim for compensation. 

On 22/11/2023 at 22:03, Sly said:

An argument could be made that we would have let them leave for free by keeping them if we stayed up.

Also that its not Everton's fault KP have chosen to delay the stadium works.

The reasonable claim is the TV money and loss of advertising revenue.

• Like 1