Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Disappointing to see so many MPs coming out to bat for a team that ****ing cheated.

Burnham isn't an MP nowadays but is it a surprise that MPs think there shouldn't be any penalties for financial misbehaviour given the old expenses scandal?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Disappointing to see so many MPs coming out to bat for a team that ****ing cheated.

I'm guessing he's taking a proactive stance to try and lessen the sanctions that will come Man City's way. He clearly has no place to publicly comment on this but as always with him everything becomes a big PR stunt. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, old koppite said:

I know- made me choke on my biccy! 
At least one Everton said on bbc news the other day “ I accept we are guilty but…… “. 
Blimey, so pathetic. 

This is what pisses me off the most, the lack of acknowledgement that guilt is confirmed, and they are due a punishment. The discussion of 10 pts is valid. The discussion on the penalties due to Man City or Chelsea is not a topic be discussed until a judgement is passed on those cases or even more so if no punishment is handed out.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

He’s clearly stated he’s written his letter as an Everton fan and not in his official capacity. And he’s not an MP. 

Putting aside our bias towards Everton, he has a valid point about the PL not having valid sanctions and punishments in place before the hearing or even the start of the competition after the COVID financial rules were ratified.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I'm guessing he's taking a proactive stance to try and lessen the sanctions that will come Man City's way. He clearly has no place to publicly comment on this but as always with him everything becomes a big PR stunt. 

He’s an Everton fan, he’s best ignored. He’s tweeted numerous time about referees being corrupt which is ironic given his profession. 

5 minutes ago, trooky said:

Putting aside our bias towards Everton, he has a valid point about the PL not having valid sanctions and punishments in place before the hearing or even the start of the competition after the COVID financial rules were ratified.

He may have a point, but stick to your sphere of expertise seems apt here, as public figures passing judgement on things outside of their remit is unhelpful imho.

This whole ignorant truths is the very essence of social media influencers, and if public figures begin ‘speaking their minds’ on unrelated topics, then they will be given more credence than they should.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol what’s that got to do with the price of eggs. The victim mentality is funny/worrying across this thread. 

A noted public figure giving their recommendation on a topic they know nothing about sits well with you then?

(No idea what the victim mentality comment was all about, bit strange)

Guest glasgowfox

Everton complaining, hating the premier  league, complaining at every decision...typical scousers....not sure why but wanted both teams to lose today lol