Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Nah 

they just want to reduce the number of points 

Yes then will other clubs appeal about that!?

How long does this all take - clubs will want to know where they stand soon enough although probably won't matter for Sheffield U and Burnley as they look doomed already. 

46 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes then will other clubs appeal about that!?

How long does this all take - clubs will want to know where they stand soon enough although probably won't matter for Sheffield U and Burnley as they look doomed already. 

As we found out when Man City were apparently banned from Europe, you have to deal with the situation as it stands and can’t second guess what’s coming down the track. We thought we could finish fifth and then we realised we couldn’t !

everton have lost 10 points 

if that’s reduced to 6 then the other clubs will just have to deal with how the table is at the time.  They won’t be able to drag this out beyond feb I reckon. 

I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread... too busy to check but i just read that we are looking at withdrawing our claim for compensation from Everton as this will likely send them into administration. and we apparently don't want to be responsible for that.

Mighty noble of us if true, but it would be a pointless gesture if the other clubs seeking compensation don't do the same....

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread... too busy to check but i just read that we are looking at withdrawing our claim for compensation from Everton as this will likely send them into administration. and we apparently don't want to be responsible for that.

Mighty noble of us if true, but it would be a pointless gesture if the other clubs seeking compensation don't do the same....

At the very least we should be allowed to pick 3 players from their squad. Doubt it will happen though.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

withdrawing our claim for compensation from Everton as this will likely send them into administration.

They won’t go out of business, administration will be how they avoid paying the fines and kill their debts and will just accept the 9 points instead as the lesser of two evils 

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

It worries me the amount of supporters I've seen saying they're not arsed about this and we should be taking them to the cleaners regardless. Says a lot about them. 

• Like 1

The one thing that should be mandatory on all clubs is that the Football Financial year should run with the Calender year.

That is it finishes on 31st December each year. That way, it gives the powers that be time to inspect the books  and hand out any penalties for any infractions.

The powers that be have created a massive headache by allowing so much time to pass with the Cases against Man City and Chelsea.

Edited by Clever Fox
Typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, they're forced to sign and play Danny Ward?

You know it!

Sneaky scousers will probably put a welsh flag above the door, give him a read goalies kit and tell

him it’s Wales and he’ll play a blinder 

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Kept them up two seasons in a row now this. Makes me sick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Is it just me now that wants Everton to get their points back, to help florist back on their way ⬇️🙃😄

Everton will finish above Notts Forest regardless.

Bournemouth are looking like they will be fine, so we need at least one of Burnley or Luton to step up. 

Burnley probably being the best bet of the two in the long term, but I'm not confident.

Notts Forest, should have dropped last season, their football stunk the league out.

They have been fortunate this season to have such poor promoted teams to contend with, which will probably save them, and give them another big chunk of money, and another season to get it right.

I can't see Cooper lasting much longer though, and then their next managerial appointment will probably define which direction they go in, in the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Is it just me now that wants Everton to get their points back, to help florist back on their way ⬇️🙃😄

I can confirm that it's definitely not just you, although personally, I would be more than happy to see them both drop. Sadly,  I think there's enough dross down there to leave them both circling the drain for another year. 

• Thanks 1