Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

On 05/12/2023 at 17:10, Clever Fox said:

The one thing that should be mandatory on all clubs is that the Football Financial year should run with the Calender year.

That is it finishes on 31st December each year. That way, it gives the powers that be time to inspect the books  and hand out any penalties for any infractions.

The powers that be have created a massive headache by allowing so much time to pass with the Cases against Man City and Chelsea.

As logical as that sounds the logistics behind that would just never work. 

You’ve got the EFL governing 72 teams and a further 20 teams governed elsewhere. This is 92 separate individual companies (assuming nobody is relegated from the EFL and nobody comes up- Which obviously they do) and over the course of a decade 40 of the 92 are switching between the two separate governing bodies. All of which will have existing financial years which are already set, this would have huge implications on when tax is due etc and we’re not talking your sole trader who owes £4,000 in tax (if they bother declaring it of course). This would bankrupt loads of the lower league teams. 

If Football was starting today you could implement it but these are established businesses- Even then you’d have loss kicking off saying technically we’re a ltd company and we operate within the laws of the UK and we will do whatever we want. 

• Like 2

Typical they finally get a points deduction but it is during the 1 season where it means absolutely nothing

Already out of the relegation zone and I expect they will have no worries of falling back into it

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

These Everton fans are so convinced the PL is corrupt, so why don't they lobby their leadership to resign from the league? Why would you continue to celebrate and take part in a league system you could extricate yourself from. Get away from the corruption should be their priority, surely?

It’s the inane cycle of football fans. 

Literally want to get the points to stay in the corrupt division 

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

These Everton fans are so convinced the PL is corrupt, so why don't they lobby their leadership to resign from the league? Why would you continue to celebrate and take part in a league system you could extricate yourself from. Get away from the corruption should be their priority, surely?

they’re not wrong though. The league is completely corrupt. 

Yes they cheated, yes they deserve to be punished. But the league should have black and white punishments for breaking these rules written down. It’s not fair to decide on a whim, taking into consideration how bad the league is and the club they are targeting. If everton were sat in last place… they wouldn’t have deducted 10 points.. they chose something that might make the relegation fight a little more interesting. 

The league seriously needs to throw the book at Man City and Chelsea now but we all know they won’t. But what’s predictable, is that in a season where chelsea and possibly even man city falter… that’s when the league will think, quick let’s give them a points deduction… because they know it won’t effect much.  If the hearing happens and both sides are outside the top 4… then they will rush to do it so it doesn’t actually change much. (unless an unfavourable side is in the champions league) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

they’re not wrong though. The league is completely corrupt. 

Yes they cheated, yes they deserve to be punished. But the league should have black and white punishments for breaking these rules written down. It’s not fair to decide on a whim, taking into consideration how bad the league is and the club they are targeting. If everton were sat in last place… they wouldn’t have deducted 10 points.. they chose something that might make the relegation fight a little more interesting

The league seriously needs to throw the book at Man City and Chelsea now but we all know they won’t. But what’s predictable, is that in a season where chelsea and possibly even man city falter… that’s when the league will think, quick let’s give them a points deduction… because they know it won’t effect much.  If the hearing happens and both sides are outside the top 4… then they will rush to do it so it doesn’t actually change much. (unless an unfavourable side is in the champions league) 

See, that's your opinion. It is not factual. There has been no judgement or evidence to suggest the independent panel have decided to make the relegation battle more interesting.

Please don't let your ire at the Premier League cloud the facts of this case. They got their punishment.

Also surely you should be championing us to not be in the Premier League? Why do you want us to be in the PL if it's so corrupt?

It's come for Everton, clearly, and it's also come for Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham, Sheffield United, Wolves and more. Not just through these type of penalties but apparently the PL is corrupt by appointing referees to give decisions against those teams, to give out draconian post-game charges etc. It's true, the fans said so.

It's so corrupt it might just come for us. A terrifying prospect I'm sure you'll agree.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

See, that's your opinion. It is not factual. There has been no judgement or evidence to suggest the independent panel have decided to make the relegation battle more interesting.

Please don't let your ire at the Premier League cloud the facts of this case. They got their punishment.

Also surely you should be championing us to not be in the Premier League? Why do you want us to be in the PL if it's so corrupt?

It's come for Everton, clearly, and it's also come for Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham, Sheffield United, Wolves and more. Not just through these type of penalties but apparently the PL is corrupt by appointing referees to give decisions against those teams, to give out draconian post-game charges etc. It's true, the fans said so.

It's so corrupt it might just come for us. A terrifying prospect I'm sure you'll agree.

It would not be hard to have set punishments laid out, it really wouldn’t.  

Break ffp by x percent 10 points 

break it by x percent 15 points etc etc 

I don’t particularly care for the premier league right now, it’s soulless. But i will always want my team to do as well as they can.  If the premier league disappeared and this was now the top league, i’d be well happy. 

But that’s not the case, so i want us to go as far as we can. Doesn’t mean i won’t be fuming when the powers that be get together to change the rules again to suit a few preferable teams. If you don’t see the corruption in that league than i’m happy for you. But as nige would say, you’re an ostrich 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It already came for us. That's why we're in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2023 at 16:32, Lambert09 said:

It would not be hard to have set punishments laid out, it really wouldn’t.  

Break ffp by x percent 10 points 

break it by x percent 15 points etc etc 

I don’t particularly care for the premier league right now, it’s soulless. But i will always want my team to do as well as they can.  If the premier league disappeared and this was now the top league, i’d be well happy. 

But that’s not the case, so i want us to go as far as we can. Doesn’t mean i won’t be fuming when the powers that be get together to change the rules again to suit a few preferable teams. If you don’t see the corruption in that league than i’m happy for you. But as nige would say, you’re an ostrich 

I guess the only issue with this is once it's written down it contextualises the gamble, and a lot of owners will deem it worth it. Also with a sliding scale you will get clubs gaming it: I've breached 10% so might as well push to 14%.

You can see the problems in not having it defined playing out with Everton now though.

Personally this has just killed FFP for me. It was there to protect the big clubs anyway and looking at the hit Everton got I'd say it's worth the gamble.

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I guess the only issue with this is once it's written down it contextualises the gamble, and a lot of owners will deem it worth it. Also with a sliding scale you will get clubs gaming it: I've breached 10% so might as well push to 14%.

You can see the problems in not having it defined playing out with Everton now though.

Personally this has just killed FFP for me. It was there to protect the big clubs anyway and looking at the hit Everton got I'd say it's worth the gamble.

FFP is slanted so that the big boys remain the big boys !!  It allows the money teams to spend more than the  teams who are there just to make up the numbers.

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Cool stadium that, though

Brilliant,.innit? 

What a location too. 

It's never happen,.but with an iconic dockside stadium and a name change to 'Liverpool Everton'  (in the way it's officially Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers) ...their profile and brand would be catapulted right towards the top of the tree 

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Brilliant,.innit? 

What a location too. 

It's never happen,.but with an iconic dockside stadium and a name change to 'Liverpool Everton'  (in the way it's officially Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers) ...their profile and brand would be catapulted right towards the top of the tree 

It isn't and has never been officially "Glasgow" as a prefix to either of those clubs lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Langston said:

It isn't and has never been officially "Glasgow" as a prefix to either of those clubs lol 

Totally true..I reckon Glasgow may have been initiated in matches from within

Foreign  commentary teams,just to let the opposition ( on looking foreign fans)

Know their town & location..Then the Brit journalists eventual picked up on it..

Like the mistake of having „Notts“ Forest…older fans hated it,though force & ignorance of modern media softened it.
There was only one “Notts” & that was county,the oldest & one of the most loved.

Several fans surveys over various decades were done,like mince pies,they simply became welcome around all grounds..

Then we took poetic liscense for “The Leicester“ because of a diriction motorway sign..

We Anglo-Saxons do have our ways..:ill:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:
Nottingham Forest 'at risk of Premier League points deduction' but Everton may also suffer
Everton have already been punished by the Premier League and Nottingham Forest may now follow suit.

Nottingham Forest are reportedly deemed to be at high risk of a Premier League points deduction after years of frivolous spending on transfer fees and wages. Everton could also be punished - for the second time this season - as authorities mull over another charge for breaching profit and sustainability rules.

The Toffees were slapped with the biggest sporting punishment in Premier League history back in November, when a 10-point penalty sent them tumbling into the relegation zone. Sean Dyche's side have rallied since to lift themselves out of trouble, but more turbulence could be on the horizon.

Nottingham Forest are reportedly deemed to be at high risk of a Premier League points deduction after years of frivolous spending on transfer fees and wages. Everton could also be punished - for the second time this season - as authorities mull over another charge for breaching profit and sustainability rules.

RELATED ARTICLES

Jack Grealish 'devastated' as Man City star breaks silence on burglary

Chelsea can fall into same trap again if Man Utd dig in for £40m battle
The Toffees were slapped with the biggest sporting punishment in Premier League history back in November, when a 10-point penalty sent them tumbling into the relegation zone. Sean Dyche's side have rallied since to lift themselves out of trouble, but more turbulence could be on the horizon.

by TaboolaSponsored Link
£40 Bonus & 40 Free Spins When You Spend £10
Foxy Games 18+, T&Cs Apply
Everton's first charge related to a breach of profit and sustainability rules, with clubs permitted to lose a maximum of £105million over a three-year period. There are fears they could be hit with a second charge for a similar infringement after accounts for 2022/23 were submitted on December 31.

According to The Times, experts believe that Forest are also in the firing line after following up their big-spending Championship promotion push with a blockbuster sequence of transfers to keep them in the top flight.

Due to Forest spending two of the past three years in the EFL, they are only permitted under Premier League rules to lose a maximum of £61m across that period. They spent close to that exact figure during their final two seasons in the Championship. And although their revenue will have surged by earning a spot in the Premier League, a raft of new signings and the lucrative contracts accompanying them undoubtedly stung the Tricky Trees' finances.

Forest and Everton, as well as any other club in possible danger, will discover by January 14 whether they face Premier League charges. Two weeks will then be granted to respond, and any subsequent hearing by an independent commission will be completed by early April so that potential points deductions can be applied this season.

Everton have already appealed the 10-point deduction handed down late last year, with the club 'shocked and disappointed' by the severity of the punishment. The Merseyside outfit and Forest are both currently in relegation danger.

Edited by Fox85