Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

Just now, Babylon said:

God, I hate FFP; the horse bolted a long time ago in terms of spending within your means, we've allowed your Man Citys and Chelsea to do what they want, and now they want to shut the door. Just let people spend what they want, BUT... anything above income has to be paid for by the owners, not leveraged on the club and ring-fenced in an account. 

Totally agree

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If you want to read some incredible mental gymnastics go on the Forest forum 🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Forest have spent around £270m in two windows.

22/23 168m

23/24 122m

Excluding wages and loan fees, that's just transfers fee.

To put that into context out highest spend in one season in 9 pl seasons was 98m.

It took us 4 season to spend the same amount.

Typo or maths not a strong point 🤣🤣 is it 270m or 290m

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Typo or maths not a strong point 🤣🤣 is it 270m or 290m

Converting from Euro to pounds issue, its 270m overall.

I forgot to convert one of the figure season figures from Euro to pounds 

:D

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Converting from Euro to pounds issue, its 270m overall.

I forgot to convert one of the figure season figures from Euro to pounds 

:D

Not sure I believe you. But it made me laugh 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If you want to read some incredible mental gymnastics go on the Forest forum 🤣🤣🤣

We got relegated because our board decided to not abuse the FFP system and we were stuck with a toxic manager (and maybe some players? ) who put himself above the team like a dictator. I've not been to Forest's forum and I won't do it because I want to keep my mental health HEALTHY. 

I don't care if these entitled fans are comparing their teams to Man City or Chelsea. Forest, Everton and Wolves should be in National League already. The same applies to Man City and Chelsea. 

• Like 1

Bit shit for us that everyone will get punished for actions that effected us and we’re not in the league to benefit from those punishments. But glad teams are getting what they deserve. 

Not sure how anyone can look at either everton or forest and think they weren’t acting wrecklessly with little care. Forest were signing a player every other day… that’s on them. They didn’t need half the players they collected and i’ve never known a club more deserving of what they will get. 

Newcastle are genuinely in such a great spot because of Ashley. They spent so little that they had a lot of room to play with for ffp. It will be interesting to see our approach but i’m sure we will probably won’t spend more than 50m if we go up, if that. 

Edited by Lambert09

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Bit shit for us that everyone will get punished for actions that effected us and we’re not in the league to benefit from those punishments. But glad teams are getting what they deserve. 

Not sure how anyone can look at either everton or forest and think they weren’t acting wrecklessly with little care. Forest were signing a player every other day… that’s on them. They didn’t need half the players they collected and i’ve never known a club more deserving of what they will get. 

Newcastle are genuinely in such a great spot because of Ashley. They spent so little that they had a lot of room to play with for ffp. It will be interesting to see our approach but i’m sure we will probably won’t spend more than 50m if we go up, if that. 

Probably coming back down again if that's all we spend.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That said, they signed over 20 players last season and regardless of amortisation over 5+ years, they will have spent a fortune.

They signed exactly thirty, which is madness. 

Incidentally, wasn’t there an article linked on here a few months back about Forest owing millions in unpaid agents’ fees? Thirty signings equals a lot of agents’ fees.

Edited by Saxondale

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Actually they aren't talk of them needing to sell before they buy.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That said, they signed over 20 players last season and regardless of amortisation over 5+ years, they will have spent a fortune.

With the amount they spent they would be round 55m each year on the book even for  amortisation over 5 years.

For context we got to around 75m at our peak, obviously we had a couple of season of top 5 finish and European football to help balance the books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Apologies as I’m just catching the last few posts are Forest in line for a point deduction for last seasons spending or this seasons? In future any punishment has to be implemented in the season rules were broken, I’m not sure how difficult it would be to do this though….

the problem is that accounts are made up to the end of a season usually, same as player contracts. Those accounts are not then due for filing to companies house ad HMRC for another 9 months. Effectively this means if the financial year ends june '23, the final accounts are not due to be filed until end of march '24. (Pretty sure that the PL/FA cannot demand accounts be submitted before they are legally obliged under company law as clubs would simply say that they were not fully prepared and audited etc). In effect this means that in order for any sanctions in that season investigations, and any subsequent court cases, including appeals etc. would have to be concluded in under two months which is virtually impossible. Any player trading between June and the end of the summer window would also not fall into that years accounts anyway, so it would be another year before they could be investigated.

• Like 4

I love how the trees keep going back saying pay the nhs and Saint jhons. As I understand it the lineker consortium agreed to pay it. Then part of the mandric buy out was to do with that being payed up.

But whatever the rules that came about because of portsmouth to protect the clubs were not in place.

So trees you've broken the rules fvcking suffer.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I love how the trees keep going back saying pay the nhs and Saint jhons. As I understand it the lineker consortium agreed to pay it. Then part of the mandric buy out was to do with that being payed up.

But whatever the rules that came about because of portsmouth to protect the clubs were not in place.

So trees you've broken the rules fvcking suffer.

They also seem to forget the number of bills and businesses that went unpaid during their fridge magnets ownership. 

33 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Proof?

??

Thought it was well known, under fawaz the revenue was always paid late and threatening action, local businesses were also threatening court action for non payment, some gave up chasing debts. 

I remember not long after he took over a forest ITK on their forum saying all is not well and it will end in disaster but got hounded out as they prepared for fawaz day lol 

I personally think the family wanted their idiot son as far away from the family business as possible so bought him a shite football team to run. lol 

Lets hope they suffer lol 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

They signed exactly thirty, which is madness. 

Incidentally, wasn’t there an article linked on here a few months back about Forest owing millions in unpaid agents’ fees? Thirty signings equals a lot of agents’ fees.

This is the latest one I could find on the Fa website 

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/intermediary-fees-2022-2023.ashx

intermediary-fees-2022-2023.ashx

Edited by jammie82uk

26 minutes ago, Anorak said:

Don't understand why it takes the PL so long to jump all over this stuff. They are clearing lacking a sufficient compliance function. It's not like there are significant volumes of this type of activity 

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

??

Thought it was well known, under fawaz the revenue was always paid late and threatening action, local businesses were also threatening court action for non payment, some gave up chasing debts. 

I remember not long after he took over a forest ITK on their forum saying all is not well and it will end in disaster but got hounded out as they prepared for fawaz day lol 

I personally think the family wanted their idiot son as far away from the family business as possible so bought him a shite football team to run. lol 

Lets hope they suffer lol 

Not saying you are wrong. But lets make sure the rumours are true. People will gob this off.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not saying you are wrong. But lets make sure the rumours are true. People will gob this off.

Like they gob off lol 

It was all on their forum a few years back. 

If I remember rightly there was someone on there called Babylon who was upsetting them all. lol  He seemed familiar lol 

Edited by Vlad the Fox