Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

13 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Probably coming back down again if that's all we spend.

If the claims are true we were close to FFP limits, then I dont see why we still wont be close on promotion.

The fix is to get any signing on a low wage at least 5-6 years so there is less pressure to award a big wage increase 1-2 years into that contract to get an extension.  Our issue was ridiculous wages compared to our income level.  I feel Whelan under performed, we won the EPL, were in the CL, and the lack of uplift in revenue from that was horrific from a CEO's performance level.

We also not wealthy enough to be able to afford mishit player signings, some of them have been really underwhelming, and have to wonder what was going on in the scouting recruitment area to approve those transfers.

With top tier scouting you can create a top ten EPL team with 50m, with junk tier scouting you can spend 200m and get relegated, then not even be good enough to come back up again.  Its such an important area.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

If the claims are true we were close to FFP limits, then I dont see why we still wont be close on promotion.

The fix is to get any signing on a low wage at least 5-6 years so there is less pressure to award a big wage increase 1-2 years into that contract to get an extension.  Our issue was ridiculous wages compared to our income level.  I feel Whelan under performed, we won the EPL, were in the CL, and the lack of uplift in revenue from that was horrific from a CEO's performance level.

We also not wealthy enough to be able to afford mishit player signings, some of them have been really underwhelming, and have to wonder what was going on in the scouting recruitment area to approve those transfers.

With top tier scouting you can create a top ten EPL team with 50m, with junk tier scouting you can spend 200m and get relegated, then not even be good enough to come back up again.  Its such an important area.

We have moved on lot of players on fat PL wages, Tielemans, Evans, Maddison, Barnes, Mendy, Soyuncu, Amartey, Castnage, Bertrand and Pèrez this summer.

Likely to be follow by Ndidi, Vardy, Nacho, Vesterguard and Albrighton.

Of our incoming transfers only Coady and Winks will be PL ish money.

I expect our wage bill to be less then half what is was at the 22/23 season.

At its peak our Transfer fee amortisation was at around 70m a season on the books.

That has dropped to around 30-40m this summer.

I think we will be in a lot better position FFP wise.

Also important to remember every club in the PL is now under FFP pressure.

I expect a reduction of spending across the board.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have moved on lot of players on fat PL wages, Tielemans, Evans, Maddison, Barnes, Mendy, Soyuncu, Amartey, Castnage, Bertrand and Pèrez this summer.

At its peak our Transfer fee amortisation was at around 70m a season on the books.

Let alone the £75m we gained in transfer fees. But let’s wipe out 40m-ish of that for what would’ve been spent on incomings. 

Winks £10m

Coady £8m

Mavididi £7.5m

Hermansen £5m

Cannon £8m

The fees for the loan players.

I would also imagine that many of our players that have been here for a while will have taken a hit on wages due to relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Let alone the £75m we gained in transfer fees. But let’s wipe out 40m-ish of that for what would’ve been spent on incomings. 

Winks £10m

Coady £8m

Mavididi £7.5m

Hermansen £5m

Cannon £8m

I would also imagine that many of our players that have been here for a while will have taken a hit on wages due to relegation. 

I seem to remember the January recruits had relegation clauses but I don’t know if that applied to the longer serving squad members as the club didn’t seem to consider relegation as a possibility.

We also don’t know if last summer’s signings had a promotion clause so there might not be as much wriggle room as we would hope.

The ridiculous contracts handed out in the  Rogers/Congerton era might take a while to unwind unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Winks £10m

Coady £8m

Mavididi £7.5m

Hermansen £5m

Cannon £8m

All players had around a 40% pay decrease according to reports.

1 hour ago, CUJimmy said:

I seem to remember the January recruits had relegation clauses but I don’t know if that applied to the longer serving squad members as the club didn’t seem to consider relegation as a possibility.

We also don’t know if last summer’s signings had a promotion clause so there might not be as much wriggle room as we would hope.

The ridiculous contracts handed out in the  Rogers/Congerton era might take a while to unwind unfortunately.

If wages were a massive concern we would have dropped the prices of the likes of Daka, Iversen, Nacho and Wilf.

They all had interest but clubs were puy of by our valuations.

Daka was all set for Bournemouth on deadline day, but we refused to drop our valuation.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If wages were a massive concern we would have dropped the prices of the likes of Daka, Iversen, Nacho and Wilf.

They all had interest but clubs were puy of by our valuations.

Daka was all set for Bournemouth on deadline day, but we refused to drop our valuation.

Not sure that was linked with our valuation? It was reported at the time the transfer was called off due to a Bournemouth player transfer out deal collapsing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure that was linked with our valuation? It was reported at the time the transfer was called off due to a Bournemouth player transfer out deal collapsing. 

I heard Bournemouth tried low ball us at the last minute offering us a lower fee, hoping we would be desperate to cash in.

Moore deal would have gone though if Daka had.

Depends what you believe, ether could be true.

Edited by coolhandfox

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I heard Bournemouth tried low ball us at the last minute offering us a low fee, hope we would be desperate.

Moore deal would have gone though if Daka had.

Seems we made the right call then, as Daka has proven useful in the last few weeks when Vardy and Iheanacho have been injured. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

How many years does Vardy have left, and yes to be fair thats a quite a list.  I think we have almost certainly made a loss this year (bert mentions 75m transfer fees but he has forgot the huge amount of sponsorship and TV loss), and obviously last year was bad, but the 3rd year in the trio next season will be the good one.

Edited by Chrysalis

36 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

How many years does Vardy have left, and yes to be fair thats a quite a list.  I think we have almost certainly made a loss this year (bert mentions 75m transfer fees but he has forgot the huge amount of sponsorship and TV loss), and obviously last year was bad, but the 3rd year in the trio next season will be the good one.

Vardy contract runs out this summer.

Are you talking about the books for 22/23 or this season?

For 22/23 I be surprised if we made a massive loss after banking 80m for Fofana, the fact we weren't looking to sale at the time we sold him, tells me we were within PL FFP.

We also sold Maddison early which may have pulled his fee into 22/23 

This season  we are under the championship Profitability and Sustainability (P&S) rule and you can only average a 13m loss per year and £35m over a 3 year period, so would be very surprised to see a big loss this year.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Winks £10m

Coady £8m

Mavididi £7.5m

Hermansen £5m

Cannon £8m

It's the old dodgy accountancy rules:  40 Million-ish wouldn't be wiped off, it will be spread over the length of the player's contract, so it is more like between £8-10 million a year.  The money we get from sales would instantly be shown on the balance sheet at £75 million. 

• Like 2

On 03/01/2024 at 11:52, StriderHiryu said:

I feel like things are lining up for something like this to happen. It's funny because our relegation was 100% self-inflicted, the club didn't act to remove Rodgers fast enough, even two more games earlier probably would have made the difference. But at the same time, that season it we could not spend due to FFP, whereas other clubs did. Forest signed like 25+ players that same season. Leicester City would be well within their right to sue the shit out of those clubs / the league if we adhered to the rules and others didn't.

Given the stakes of the Premier League, it's not outrageous to suggest we could end up with quite a big windfall as a result, though it would probably take years to go through various courts.

I think we will end up with a pretty decent chunk of change from all this, given the precedent of West Ham paying Sheffield United 30M after the Tevez affair.

Honestly, I'm so glad it's not just me that thinks this. I was already vindicated on my position on Everton and think I will be on Man City too. We need to put pressure on the club to stand up for itself and get what we're entitled to. It feels like the tide is turning on the powerful with other fanbases displeased at the disproportionate power. 

36 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Haha, that’s dodgy as frig. Deleting the original post about his ‘loan’ too! 

Sky sports have a bit more information 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11727/13042319/nottingham-forest-club-will-not-face-premier-league-punishment-over-transfer-administration-error

On 04/01/2024 at 11:41, hackneyfox said:

What happens should we get promoted? Do their contracts automatically return to pre relegation?

On 04/01/2024 at 12:00, Fear Of The Fox said:

They don't. There'll be some bonuses for promotion and that's it. 

Honestly, I find that very hard to believe. Anyone agreeing to that would need their heads looked at.

If clubs keep breaking the rules and don't get punished appropriately, then should it be FIFA and the premier league getting sued aswell?

Maybe that will help them be stricter with the rules.

On 04/01/2024 at 05:29, Bert said:

Winks £10m

Coady £8m

Mavididi £7.5m

Hermansen £5m

Cannon £8m

The Athletic reported LCFC is already set up to borrow the entirety of future payments due on Barnes and Castagne.

If we spend in this window, that's where it's coming from.

Besides the full squad, we only have one place left for an additional loaned player.  If we want two, we'll have to make either Fatawu or Doyle permanent.  Making outgoings even more of a necessity.

We're still sailing close to the wind.

Edited by KingsX

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Honestly, I find that very hard to believe. Anyone agreeing to that would need their heads looked at.

A bit confused here. What are you finding hard to believe? The contracts have clauses for promotion/relegation and bonuses achieving certain milestones (goals/assists/promotion etc). Wages will not reverse to pre relegation if our team gets promoted. 

I'm genuinely asking you because I didn't understand your post honestly.