Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Next season would be better as it would benefit us if we go up.

They’ve changed their timelines for these decisions so they apply in the same season so would be this season unless there were legal delays from appeals to different courts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

No one is going to sue them … they may make tentative enquiries but it will be thrown out at first base … there are too many what ifs 

I'm not so sure, West Ham compensated Sheff Utd over the Tevez saga, it was out of court but I doubt they'd have settled if there wasn't a risk.

1 minute ago, trugerkem said:

But that was fielding an ineligible player … this is different

hmm.. ineligible? Some shady shenanigans behind the scenes when it came to player ownership..

Everton fans: It's completely unfair that Everton have been punished for cheating when Man City's 115 charges is taking so long.

Everton: Let's go and use the lawyer responsible for Man City's charges and therefore punishment for cheating taking so long.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Everton fans: It's completely unfair that Everton have been punished for cheating when Man City's 115 charges is taking so long.

Everton: Let's go and use the lawyer responsible for Man City's charges and therefore punishment for cheating taking so long.

Haha Jonathan Crow, that's a blast from the past. Remember going on almighty p1ssup with his son to Mahiki, we all went back to his flat and he was so drunk he thought the airing cupboard was the toilet, happily p1ssed all over the towels and laundry in there unbeknownst as to what was going on  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

As they'd say:

"That's proper Torrrrrrryyy that laaaaaa"

• Like 1

If they lose that's going to cost them big time both financially & potentially with further points deductions, is it worth it as looking at this seasons league they probably have enough to pull away from the bottom anyway :dunno:

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've read that differently. They have hired Laurence Rabinowitz and Man City hired Lord Pannick. Obviously they will have similar tactics so the general point stays the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha Jonathan Crow, that's a blast from the past. Remember going on almighty p1ssup with his son to Mahiki, we all went back to his flat and he was so drunk he thought the airing cupboard was the toilet, happily p1ssed all over the towels and laundry in there unbeknownst as to what was going on  

safe pair of hands then

Monday could be fun

“New guidelines introduced by the Premier League meant all clubs had to submit their accounts for 2022-2023 by December 31, rather than March. Any breaches and subsequent charges will be confirmed this coming Sunday (January 14) — although the rules state this should be on the next working day, meaning Monday is more likely.”

https://theathletic.com/5194769/2024/01/11/ffp-premier-league-deadline-breaches-punishments/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitterfc&source=twitteruk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Monday could be fun

“New guidelines introduced by the Premier League meant all clubs had to submit their accounts for 2022-2023 by December 31, rather than March. Any breaches and subsequent charges will be confirmed this coming Sunday (January 14) — although the rules state this should be on the next working day, meaning Monday is more likely.”

https://theathletic.com/5194769/2024/01/11/ffp-premier-league-deadline-breaches-punishments/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitterfc&source=twitteruk

Is it really realistic for the PL to have assessed, analysed and formulate (potential) subsequent charges between 31st Dec and 14th Jan? For all 20 clubs? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Forget who's saying it for a minute.

Its correct refs are shite and VAR is a joke. If/when we go back up not sure I shall be watching much football.

There are a lot of poor refereeing decisions and, frankly, I'd rather not have VAR. 

However, I don't believe for a second there's some sort of conspiracy against Everton amongst referees.  It would be too difficult to coordinate and hide.  

Odd how virtually every club has a section of fans claiming there's a conspiracy against them amongst referees.  

The attack on smaller clubs with aspirations has been done in a much more overt way, through FFP.  They don't need some weirdo referring cabal to do that. 

The outcome of Man City's case will really indicate how corrupt, or not, the system has become.  

edit: and I should say even without FFP Everyone would have managed to royally fvck themselves with their bizarre transfer business 

Edited by Bordersfox

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Monday could be fun

doomtown.jpg.e5cc77f3e7320e5381fa27be7ee0a17c.jpg

• Haha 2

On 12/01/2024 at 11:17, moore_94 said:

Monday could be fun

This current PL clubs only? I wonder if this is what's caused a bit of goal post moving by us.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This current PL clubs only? I wonder if this is what's caused a bit of goal post moving by us.

I think so - although maybe we will be included as we were a Prem team for 22/23?

Wouldn't surprise me if with it all starting to kick off in the Prem with this and a fair few Prem teams being worried about it it has resulted in us having a re-think though

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think so - although maybe we will be included as we were a Prem team for 22/23?

Wouldn't surprise me if with it all starting to kick off in the Prem with this and a fair few Prem teams being worried about it it has resulted in us having a re-think though

Although any club who have breached it are to be told ASAP so if we haven't then we'll know and can crack on eh? 😂