Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

14 minutes ago, copunk said:

Newcastle and Wolves are next apparently, going to catch alot of teams out

I called a lot of my Wolves mates out on this a few years ago. Been coming for a while. 

Luckily they managed to con Forest for Gibbs-White and the Neves sale may save them.

Ridiculous fee paid for the striker from Atleti though. 

Forest is hardly a shock is it, insane levels of wages and player turnover, on what you’d imagine a smaller income than ourselves. That is unsustainable whether you agree with FFP or not. 

What I disagree with is that FFP keeps you in your lane rather than makes things equal. How would a club the size of Bournemouth ever compete if their spending has to be in line with income? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Despise FFP as I guess it goes against competitiveness with regards to potential expenditure.

However I guess if those clubs wish to compete in a respective league, they have already signed a ‘contract’ to say they will be bound by it?

Isn’t it 2/3rd’s majority with this sort of thing? 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Everton's transfer activity in recent years hasn't been that much, wonder what's caused this now?

Their horrendous wage-to-revenue ratio, if you thought our 85% were bad, Everton managed upwards of 95% some seasons

Bar one season they were always up there as the worst one in the league

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Hahaha fantastic.

Must have been the 267th player Forest signed that tipped them over the threshold.

Can't wait for the red shite to disappear into nothingness once they struggle to offload all those utterly mediocre players on massively inflated wages. 

Theyre gonna be left with nothing, all the mercenaries will be on the blower to their agents to get them the next move, the club has done a brilliant job in alienating "their own" in McKenna etc. so even they won't stick around and I don't think their academy has ever produced anything in the recent years

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Can't wait for the red shite to disappear into nothingness once they struggle to offload all those utterly mediocre players on massively inflated wages. 

Theyre gonna be left with nothing, all the mercenaries will be on the blower to their agents to get them the next move, the club has done a brilliant job in alienating "their own" in McKenna etc. so even they won't stick around and I don't think their academy has ever produced anything in the recent years

One can only hope.

In fairness, they’ve produced Johnson, Yates, Brereton Diaz and Cash recently 

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Despise FFP as I guess it goes against competitiveness with regards to potential expenditure.

However I guess if those clubs wish to compete in a respective league, they have already signed a ‘contract’ to say they will be bound by it?

This is a difficult one. FFP does seem to be a way to keep the top clubs in place and prevent other teams from catching them. Chelsea and Man City spent their way into the big boys club, but now no one else can do it. However, if the league was a true free market, it might become bedlam with every club owned by nation states and despots. These owners would have their Super Leagues, turn their teams into huge franchises, and you'd end up with a handful of super clubs playing one another all the time and killing grassroot and local level play.

What is the solution? I don't really have a good one! FFP definitely isn't it, but what is the solution? Is there one at all? I'm not sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Everton's transfer activity in recent years hasn't been that much, wonder what's caused this now?

They’ve been throwing money around willy nilly for years before that though, and maybe that’s caught up with them? Bought some right dross as well. Must have pretty mediocre income streams as well as Goodison isn’t all that, and kind of ironic but hugely pleasing that their pursuit of the big time and building a new stadium is a factor in them hopefully going down for being deducted points.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is a difficult one. FFP does seem to be a way to keep the top clubs in place and prevent other teams from catching them. Chelsea and Man City spent their way into the big boys club, but now no one else can do it. However, if the league was a true free market, it might become bedlam with every club owned by nation states and despots. These owners would have their Super Leagues, turn their teams into huge franchises, and you'd end up with a handful of super clubs playing one another all the time and killing grassroot and local level play.

What is the solution? I don't really have a good one! FFP definitely isn't it, but what is the solution? Is there one at all? I'm not sure.

To be fair, Man City has, what, 115 charges against them? Add to that that those potential breaches were committed by some coked up financial guru lawyers so for the PL to get to the bottom of each one of them will obviously take them some time.

Meanwhile Everton went and blatantly overspent and then went up to the PL by themselves and said they're in the wrong. Obviously the league is going to just slam dunk them

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

how is chelsea not getting mentioned here? 

Although I agree with you, haven’t they managed to use the loophole of Amortisation, hence why they are putting players on 8 year contracts and I read they make the most from loan fees

22 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Although I agree with you, haven’t they managed to use the loophole of Amortisation, hence why they are putting players on 8 year contracts and I read they make the most from loan fees

+ they essentially got a clean slate after the takeover 

2 hours ago, don_danbury said:

how is chelsea not getting mentioned here? 

Didn’t Abramovich write off all their debts and sell them for peanuts? Presumably the counters were reset (whether officially or through some crafty accounting) when they changed hands