Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

It 💯 shows what FFP was in fact created for! 10% stopping clubs going into Admin and 90% to preserve the hierarchy of the current “big 6”. Look at Newcastle now, must be so frustrating having all the money in the world but not able to spend it? Look at us, owner has deep pockets but we can’t sign players? Honestly as much as I’d like to laugh at Forest, this is taking a lot of enjoyment out of the sport - if owners want to spunk their cash, let them

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

An upsetting realism of this all then. We reined spending so much that it took us down.

Well and the 10pts should be for last season, the 6 for this, though lost as to how they calc it.  So all fair and well punished, but what is the level predicated on???

Its also dawned on them punishing retrospectively is WRONG.

If this was a priority last season we'd still be in the Premier League NOW & not starting from scratch, our last 3 years have to take into account a season with 50% or less via the parachute payments.  I said it would take 4 years to get back to anywhere like we were and it will, such a sadness.

We have been royally screwed for the FPL waking up to when it should be done and deciding to stick to the rule book!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

It 💯 shows what FFP was in fact created for! 10% stopping clubs going into Admin and 90% to preserve the hierarchy of the current “big 6”. Look at Newcastle now, must be so frustrating having all the money in the world but not able to spend it? Look at us, owner has deep pockets but we can’t sign players? Honestly as much as I’d like to laugh at Forest, this is taking a lot of enjoyment out of the sport - if owners want to spunk their cash, let them

Unfortunately for them they have been caught out and punished.

Presume Man C will be at some point too but can understand there being a few doubts about how strongly .

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Another 6 points deducted and they are still going to be 2 points ahead of Sheff Utd and just 1 behind Burnley lol

5 behind Luton but I think they would still manage to stay up ahead of them

Honestly getting seriously lucky that this is the one season where they are actually getting the punishment

Also very lucky that it's not at the start of the season. The psychological blow of being 16 points adrift would have been massive.

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

You say that.... but they managed to stay in the premier league.... 

We decided NOT to breach the rules and got relegated instead.

Would we, as fans,  rather have stayed up and faced a points deduction this year by ignoring the rules?? probably.... 

Understandable to breach the rules and sign Morgan Gibbs-White - absolutely. 

Understandable to breach the rules and sign Wood and Shelvey - not so much. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

An upsetting realism of this all then. We reined spending so much that it took us down.

No, no. It did us a favour saving us from allowing Rodgers from wasting even more money. We’d have still gone down.

The “wasn’t backed” narrative. Do me a favour.

He was backed which caused us to tighten the belt.

28 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yes but to a ‘twisted extent’ I am glad Bodgers wasn’t trusted with any money.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Surely our chances of gaining compensation would be fairly strong given the two teams who finished directly above us have both now been found to have cheated while we complied with the rules to our detriment?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, no. It did us a favour saving us from allowing Rodgers from wasting even more money. We’d have still gone down.

The “wasn’t backed” narrative. Do me a favour.

I don't rate Rodgers recruitment at all, but he did make it clear that he wanted to make Lookman permanent in the summer, chatting to the player etc, we all expected it to happen as well. 

Lookman was one of the few decent players and could have made the difference with staying up. 

It feels to me that Rodgers threw his toys out the pram after not getting Lookman. Of course if he hadn't wasted so much money buying rubbish players and exiling expensive players before that, he would have had the money and the club's trust to spend on him. 

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

I don't rate Rodgers recruitment at all, but he did make it clear that he wanted to make Lookman permanent in the summer, chatting to the player etc, we all expected it to happen as well. 

Lookman was one of the few decent players and could have made the difference with staying up. 

It feels to me that Rodgers threw his toys out the pram after not getting Lookman. Of course if he hadn't wasted so much money buying rubbish players and exiling expensive players before that, he would have had the money and the club's trust to spend on him. 

All Rodgers needed to do was get over his personal quarrel with Cags and play him instead of Amartey.  That was it.  We’d have stayed up, even without buying anyone. 

58 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said today’s announcement is about Forest.

Let me have my moment :D:banana:

If we’re honest with ourselves, would we have been able to rebuild to this extent in the PL? Look at the dead wood that is still at the club, who at the very least some have been able to contribute meaningfully this season.

We may well look back in 5 years time and think relegation needed to happen, as odd as that sounds. 

In contrast, if Everton and Forest go down they might stay down for a while and struggle to adjust. Forest have gone on a mad sugar rush, and they’ll have the rug pulled from under them. It’s been rotten at Everton for a while, and Dyche may well be doing a decent job papering over the cracks but they will drop eventually and presumably that new stadium will hamper their finances even further.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

This seems such a daft decision, why would they risk it given all the murmurings about Everton at the time?

Because they have an owner who is incredibly rash and silly. Not accepting a bid for sponsor either because he had a price he refused to budge from 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

All Rodgers needed to do was get over his personal quarrel with Cags and play him instead of Amartey.  That was it.  We’d have stayed up, even without buying anyone. 

Hmmm not sure after Soyuncu’s performances at the end of the season including a horror show at Fulham 

13 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Let it go, Cags had well and truly gone to the dogs by then. Rodgers still a dick mind.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still spent millions on Souttar and Kristensen that both didn't really do much. 

Imagine if we’d have signed Harmensen and Winks in January instead ……. 

• Like 1

Forest's defence is weak sauce. We couldn't play Adrien Silva for four months because his transfer paperwork was filed 14 seconds late, so a two month breach isn't going to cut it.

Rules are rules and they broke them. I suspect that they might get more than 10 points because of how blatant the breaches were to discourage other newly promoted sides from using them as a model.

• Like 4

Fining these Clubs is meaningless. Points deduction is the only way forward.

I wonder if it is a question of the rules being too complicated or more a question of Clubs of flouting the laws and  trying to get away with it?

• Like 2