Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Still been employing some really smart people and can’t believe they’ve been sucked in 

With clubs notoriously underpaying non-playing/managerial staff I suppose a or 2x or 3x salary increase would be hard to turn down 

Listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport, Forest might have a case for the appeal based on the Brennan Johnson transfer, whilst it was outside the accounts window for the season, the delay in sale was for sound financial reasons and may be taken into account. It would reduce the losses they can make this season however.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Yeah, their academy makes some money, but not the sort of sums they need to splash the cash the way they have been doing.

This business with the eight year contracts and amortising the ‘assets’ over extended periods is a model that could only work if they’re building an all-conquering team and essentially not rebuilding the team for the next eight years. 

Football doesn’t work like that. They will be in big trouble at some point over the next few years.

spot on. 

No youth team will cover the 300k everyone is getting weekly… then they ended up keeping a player like colwill who would have got good money. 

Not to mention the fact they are not going to be in the champions league for the foreseeable future. I doubt the new owners even realised how financially important the champions league (or any european football was) 

They’ve spent more than anyone the last 2 years, gordon ramsey couldn’t cook those books 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

Listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport, Forest might have a case for the appeal based on the Brennan Johnson transfer, whilst it was outside the accounts window for the season, the delay in sale was for sound financial reasons and may be taken into account. It would reduce the losses they can make this season however.

Hopefully Brentford are called as a witness and say they'd have paid £55m in June had Forest demanded it.

Clubs aren't stupid and employ a lot of people to look over these projections. 

The conversation at Forest will have been along the lines of "yes we might get sanctioned later down the line but if it's likely to just be a fine so to hell with it"

Then they've shit the bed because they've seen what's happened to Everton.

If you stay up at the expense of other teams by breaking the rules then you absolutely deserve 10 point deduction. Just be thankful it's come when Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley are in the league. It was probably a risk worth taking in hindsight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I think that is actually true!

We weren't the only team around that time to go into administration, perhaps just the biggest.

People get salty because we managed to stay relatively successful, compared to other clubs falling foul. But we had a steady decline over a number of years after our initial promotion.

22 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We weren't the only team around that time to go into administration, perhaps just the biggest.

People get salty because we managed to stay relatively successful, compared to other clubs falling foul. But we had a steady decline over a number of years after our initial promotion.

I think it was that we went into administration AND got promoted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Why Everton 2 processes have gone through

rather quickly, the question I have,why again

has the Man.city story becoming a 3-5 yr Romance

I wondered the same thing and found that the answer is due to vastly different levels of complexity and the number of charges, this quote (From Nottingham Post Website) explains it quite well:-

"Manchester City were charged before Everton's initial FFP offence - undergoing an appeal - but the champions are yet to discover their fate with regards to 115 alleged breaches between 2009 and 2018. City have also been referred to an independent commission - as Forest and Everton (for a second time) will be.

There are still question marks over why Everton's initial case was dealt with inside nine months, but the process for City remains ongoing. Put simply, that is due to the depth, scale and complexity of the 100-plus charges put against City with the Premier League saying that it will inevitably take more time from a logistical stand-point."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I wondered the same thing and found that the answer is due to vastly different levels of complexity and the number of charges, this quote (From Nottingham Post Website) explains it quite well:-

"Manchester City were charged before Everton's initial FFP offence - undergoing an appeal - but the champions are yet to discover their fate with regards to 115 alleged breaches between 2009 and 2018. City have also been referred to an independent commission - as Forest and Everton (for a second time) will be.

There are still question marks over why Everton's initial case was dealt with inside nine months, but the process for City remains ongoing. Put simply, that is due to the depth, scale and complexity of the 100-plus charges put against City with the Premier League saying that it will inevitably take more time from a logistical stand-point."

115 offences - 10 pts deduction per offence, that's 1150 pts.

That's down to the Vanarama National League for Man City! :fc:

It'd be a great 'success' for English football if Manchester City were demoted.

Really hope their case hearing doesn't involve the final decision to be based on brown envelopes given to the panel..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

115 offences - 10 pts deduction per offence, that's 1150 pts.

That's down to the Vanarama National League for Man City! :fc:

Does that mean we retrospectively qualify for the Champions League lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It's not a great argument because it doesn't mitigate for what they did spend and why selling Johnson became necessary. I couldn't drive at 35 in a 30 and then expect to be let off because I went on to drive at the same speed in a 40 a few miles later to save fuel.

Fabulous analogy that 👌

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It's not a great argument because it doesn't mitigate for what they did spend and why selling Johnson became necessary. I couldn't drive at 35 in a 30 and then expect to be let off because I went on to drive at the same speed in a 40 a few miles later to save fuel.

Surely, with those avg speed cameras we’ve all realised we we’re speeding a little, so slowed to under the limit to average it out?