Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

image.png.b969eb644a65c7423df866e8fdd1f091.png

I’ve tried to defer my tax to the next financial year on the basis that it’s better for me not to pay it now and I should be able to move my earnings back a few months into the next financial year 

what do you think the taxman will say ?

If this really is forest’s defence it’s laughable 

• Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 14:02, grobyfox1990 said:

I would say a good few other clubs have outspent them in the period. Pep is a football genius, I would've thought that was beyond doubt now. Imagine if Jeremy Doku or Haaland had gone to Chelsea or Man U. They would've been useless and we'd all be making statements about how tough the PL is and how these foreign players cannot hack it. The manager makes the difference, reference Salah and KDB at Chelsea v now at their current clubs.

Saying these charges are a stain on Pep is like saying some dude who would've got 87% on an exam, but decided to bend a few rules and instead got 95%, is thick and would've failed.

Absolutely.

Chelsea and Man U have been spending the same sorts of sums but have had 0 success and arguably have both gone backwards over the last few years. Man City at the very least have always had a strategy and bought players with a pretty clear intention for them. Pep is no doubt a big part of that.

It doesn't make it OK by any means but I'm surprised we've not heard more about Man U and Chelsea on this front. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

image.png.b969eb644a65c7423df866e8fdd1f091.png

Toney moving the ball,shows how stupid the players in the wall & GK were,by not covering the line,they had bags of time..Ref doesn’t demand wall to remain in original spot…

Hamza can’t line up a drink,Forest defenders can’t line up their wall…

Maybe if they had earnt. £90k a week,that level doesn’t make the same mistake,they drink at better pubs…?.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm sure that City could've got an extra £12m for Maddison (and probably Barnes) had they waited until transfer deadline day. Instead they sold early at a knock-down price to ensure compliance with the rules. 

We also likely had to sell them to bring players in, for that reason waiting till deadline day wouldnt have been worth it.  A lot of our problems have been caused by doing so many deals late in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Like I've said before, they go down they'll go down again into league one, ****ed

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wonder what Villa FPP they must have a pretty big wage bill and have invested heavily for the last 2 or 3 season.

The JG money can't last forever 

they will be in a similar boat to us. But if they hit champions league, they will be fine. 

Out story would have been all so different had we achieved it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

This thread title needs to be changed to something like Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction. 

Been thinking for a while that there needs to be a dedicated thread for football financials, the sport's future and how it affects us. I'd start it with a detailed explanation of how we've been hamstrung by the Premier League's rules from the second we won the league, as well as Man City and Everton's cheating affecting us, as I did in the following post:

I'd then cover explanations of our administration in 2002 and settlement with the EFL in 2018 and how they're both irrelevant to the conversation.

I'd also like to lay out what big changes are coming to football very soon, how the corruption will continue, and what we as can and SHOULD do to make sure we as a football club and community get what we deserve.

I'm a bit snowed under with my workload at the minute so if anyone is good at writing long articles about this sort of thing and is able to collaborate on it let me know. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 15:51, Spudulike said:

This thread title needs to be changed to something like Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction. 

Good point.

I would if I could, but don’t appear to have an option.

Maybe an admin could change it for me?