Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think they would get a decent fee for Gibbs-White, but they did pay 40m for him in the first place.

I think we are also going to see a decline in fees in general due to FFP becoming more of a concern.

All club have a element of numpties.

I think you’re right about a decline in fees generally and I’m all for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Villa next to have to sell to remain compliant. 

That's about 5-10 clubs now either having had to sell, been charged or reported to need to sell to remain compliant 

Wouldn't surprise me that Villa need to move players on given their spending over the past few years though the links to Newcastle seem odd as there's been plenty of noise suggesting they themselves need to move players on for exactly the same reasons. 

35 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Wouldn't surprise me that Villa need to move players on given their spending over the past few years though the links to Newcastle seem odd as there's been plenty of noise suggesting they themselves need to move players on for exactly the same reasons. 

Yes it’s a weird one.

Villa having to sell makes sense.

Newcastle being the team to buy doesn’t make any sense at all 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Thing is, if loads of PL sides suddenly all need to sell then who's buying? It won't be PL sides will it. And can many clubs outside the PL match the wages/valuations? 

An all you can eat buffet for the greedy 6 no doubt. Immune to punishment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Thing is, if loads of PL sides suddenly all need to sell then who's buying? It won't be PL sides will it. And can many clubs outside the PL match the wages/valuations? 

Wasn't their talk of Spurs bidding 80 million for Conor Gallagher from Chelsea? That tells you all you need to know. All the large transfer fees will just coalesce into one direction.

And they will likely pay high fees between each other to net everything out to keep the fees high and out of reach of the clubs below the big 6.

Am I missing something with Bournemouth not getting any mentions? 

On the face of it, they seem to spend quite bit without being renoun for selling big like Brighton and like we have done. And their stadium is tiny so not like they have large revenue there.

I’m not sure how they are sustainable…

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Pack of cards ready to fall.....

This has been coming for a while. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Villa next to have to sell to remain compliant. 

That's about 5-10 clubs now either having had to sell, been charged or reported to need to sell to remain compliant 

About time Newcastle sold someone after all their spending the last few years. And not Dan Burn to a Saudi club for 100 million like their head chopper owners would try

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Wasn't their talk of Spurs bidding 80 million for Conor Gallagher from Chelsea? That tells you all you need to know. All the large transfer fees will just coalesce into one direction.

And they will likely pay high fees between each other to net everything out to keep the fees high and out of reach of the clubs below the big 6.

I always thought Cole Palmer from Man City to Chelsea for £40m+ when he'd barely played was some sort of dodgy deal...

6 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Maybe Saudi is an option, but can only see a handful going there. 
l wonder whether the Premier League bubble is at bursting point. This transfer window must be one of quietest on record. Time will tell. 

50 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Maybe Saudi is an option, but can only see a handful going there. 
l wonder whether the Premier League bubble is at bursting point. This transfer window must be one of quietest on record. Time will tell. 

conveniently ffp will be scrapped just as man city and chelsea would be due for their punishments 😂 

• Like 1

Just sent my proposed punishment for Forest:-

1: 20 point fine

2: To be called “Notts Forest” by all media

3: Chris Wood to wear a “Woods” shirt because to be fair it’s hard for fans to distinguish between a New Zealand CF and an English goalkeeper from the 80’s so we may as well just give up trying to correct them and let them have their way

4: Made to play in vest, pants and plimsoles for rest of season.

5: Force them to re-sign Lingard and release Gibbs-White on a free transfer. 

6; Must field owner in goal which due to his size would at least ensure every game ends 0-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes..  it has turned into a circle jerk where home grown players are the most valuable commodity. Chelsea are going to be in trouble unless they can sell some academy lads which makes me wonder if clubs like Spurs wont buy from them just to be awkward ...