Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

Hopefully we sell some Fringe sh*te before June 30th then.

Souttar, Soumare, Kristiansen, Ward, Iverson. Surely we could get 30m+ for this lot. 

Obviously Vardy, Praet, Kelechi, Ndidi, are all out of contract.

24 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Hopefully we sell some Fringe sh*te before June 30th then.

Souttar, Soumare, Kristiansen, Ward, Iverson. Surely we could get 30m+ for this lot. 

Obviously Vardy, Praet, Kelechi, Ndidi, are all out of contract.

souttar and VK dont really help because we still owe 60%+  of their fees in the accounts at end june. bouba is 40%. ward and iverson - not getting much for them 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

souttar and VK dont really help because we still owe 60%+  of their fees in the accounts at end june. bouba is 40%. ward and iverson - not getting much for them 

It depends if we did any player Impairment in the 22/23 accounts.  

Impairment writes down a player's values; it also has the benefit of reducing player amortisation going forward; it is popular with relegated clubs. 

So, until the accounts are out for 22/23, it's hard to have an accurate figure for the remaining amortisation for any player we signed before this summer window. 

For example, the club could have decided to impair player values by 20%, so rather than having 13.5m remaining on the books for Souttar, it would be 11m. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MPH said:

So that we could have also squeezed enough  money out of the deal to  buy a player ( sensi)  Maresca seemed to think we needed him now, so i'll trust him on that one..

There isn't a guarantee that by the end of June we would have been able to sell someone- prices are lower in June because there are also some free transfers going around that people can look at,. Surely it makes sense that if we needed to comply with FFP AND buy a player, we would look to get the best price, which is traditionally in January,

Maresca had no say in not signing Sensi. More rather time ran out. 

I am not following your rationale. There was nil transfer market in January - the traditional market didn't occur. And yet Brighton decided to throw an offer in for KDH under the market value. 

If we need to comply with FFP, we need to guarantee promotion first and foremost. The situation is very similar to last season when we sold Maddison in June. But we didn't sell in January as there was a need to try and stay up firstly. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Maresca had no say in not signing Sensi. More rather time ran out. 

I am not following your rationale. There was nil transfer market in January - the traditional market didn't occur. And yet Brighton decided to throw an offer in for KDH. 

If we needed to comply with FFP, we need to guarantee promotion first and foremost. The situation is very similar to last season when we sold Maddison in June. But we didn't sell in January as there was a need to try and stay up firstly. 

Let me explain it for you. If we would have NEEDED to sell in January, we could have ( KDH). the advantage of selling in January has been traditionally higher prices. There wasnt 'nil' market in January- we had an offer for KDH. We didn't sell because we didn't need to. If we had,  we could have got enough money to be compliant as well as sign Sensi. If we had NEEDED to sell, it would have been done in a timely fashion earlier in the window which would have made the Sensi deal much less complicated with less time constraints. You can of course wait until june, but you have much less time to get a deal done and over the line  to meet compliance and if clubs back out you are sunk. you cant leave it to the next window to do the deal then.

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Let me explain it for you. If we would have NEEDED to sell in January, we could have ( KDH). the advantage of selling in January has been traditionally higher prices. There wasnt 'nil' market in January- we had an offer for KDH. We didn't sell because we didn't need to. If we had,  we could have got enough money to be compliant as well as sign Sensi. If we had NEEDED to sell, it would have been done in a timely fashion earlier in the window which would have made the Sensi deal much less complicated with less time constraints. You can of course wait until june, but you have much less time to get a deal done and over the line  to meet compliance and if clubs back out you are sunk. you cant leave it to the next window to do the deal then.

This January is tougher re ffp 

by June, PL clubs will know their position better re how much they’re getting for the season from finishing position and sky money. I assume we’ve tried to bat away any cheap offers for kdh in jan to make it look like we’re not desperate.  But we may end up in a similar situation that forest did with Johnson last summer.  

this assumes we have to sell someone of big value by end June 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

You have said that the January transfer window is when values of players high. 

Except it wasn't this January. There was no offer of value in January. The one which the club received was under it.There was no major interest in anyone else. 

Therefore club prioritise promotion, secure the finance of the PL and see a player in June to reach FFP target when interest may be higher as other clubs realise their FFP room. 

Very, very similar to Maddison last season. We could have sold in a very buoyant January 2023 market but held off.  

I am sure we are boring everyone now, so I'll park it there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You have said that the January transfer window is when values of players high. 

Except it wasn't this January. There was no offer of value in January. The one which the club received was under it.There was no major interest in anyone else. 

Therefore club prioritise promotion, secure the finance of the PL and see a player in June to reach FFP target when interest may be higher as other clubs realise their FFP room. 

Very, very similar to Maddison last season. We could have sold in a very buoyant January 2023 market but held off.  

I am sure we are boring everyone now, so I'll park it there. 

We've accepted lower offers before when we have NEEDED to sell. Like Maddison for 45m, for example.

But yeah, have a good day:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This January is tougher re ffp 

by June, PL clubs will know their position better re how much they’re getting for the season from finishing position and sky money. I assume we’ve tried to bat away any cheap offers for kdh in jan to make it look like we’re not desperate.  But we may end up in a similar situation that forest did with Johnson last summer.  

this assumes we have to sell someone of big value by end June 

we sold both Maddison and  Barnes now for lower offers than we could have, because  NEEDED to sell. Clubs know, that. We basically called Brighton's bluff.  if we had been desperate, we would have been  able to sell KDH for sure...

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

we sold both Maddison and  Barnes now for lower offers than we could have, because  NEEDED to sell. Clubs know, that. We basically called Brighton's bluff.  if we had been desperate, we would have been  able to sell KDH for sure...

I think we got fair value for Barnes given we’d been relegated.  desperation ?  We will know more come June.  I’m sure we’re scrambling around to get some commercial deals done within this financial year - we possibly could justify if we got promotion sealed v early.  Selling kdh in jan as a championship club v selling him in June as a PL club - you’d expect to get more in June but clubs will definitely call our bluff if they think we need a sale. 

wait and see I suppose 

• Like 1

I think we’re probably going to have to sell KDH in the summer, providing he continues to play like he is. We will need to significantly invest in the squad, and I can’t see how else we can do it without selling a key asset? 

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No brainer to keep KDH.

One of the (many) issues Forest have with their team is it's just a bunch of okay top division journeymen offered by agents. 

We should be building our team around our best academy players and keeping an identity. Not a chance we'd reinvest £40m without KDH and have a better team.

The point is we have to invest big time in the squad and if we were to assume that we are are £20m short on ffp then a sale of kdh for £35m means we cover that £20m and the £15m left over covers purchases of £75m in year 1.   Adjust the numbers up and down accordingly. 

of course it’s all guesses re ffp pre end June. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we’re probably going to have to sell KDH in the summer, providing he continues to play like he is. We will need to significantly invest in the squad, and I can’t see how else we can do it without selling a key asset? 

We’ll have a prem budget? Won’t that help?

plus a few more players out of contract..

Edited by MPH

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ok... lets play this game. 

Hermansen, Doyle, Winks, Mavadidi, Fatal, Cannon, Maresca, top of the league smashing all records... RUDKIN MASTERCLASS. 

Kante, Maddison, Ricardo, Winning the league, winning the FA Cup, two top 5 finishes... RUDKIN MASTERCLASS. 

Or we just blaming him when things go wrong, and giving others credit when things go right. Just to clarify.

The Overton Window/Discourse argument - legitimate argument that he's agreed transfer fees way over the market value. Alongside some very, very valid criticism to the topic here of LCFC going over the FFP allowance. 

If we used the same rationale, we'd have kept managers for years post success. 

For the record, I don't think this season should be particularly viewed as any great feat by those above Maresca. We are in an incredibly advantageous situation when arriving in the Championship this season. 

Edited by CosbehFox

49 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Luton are my second team now. Please send one of these down.

I work with 3 Sheffield United season ticket holders. I said to them yesterday, I normally want them to win (living in Sheffield I have adopted Utd over Weds as my ‘Sheffield side’) but that as they are all but down now, I want Luton to beat them at the weekend to help send Forest and/or Everton down. I expected to get shit from them but they agreed with me! They really don’t like Forest and have given up staying up themselves. They just want to beat Derby’s record and contribute if they can to Forest coming down lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He doesn't pick the players to sign FFS. 

It's quite simple !!

Rudkin is responsible for everything that goes wrong but has nothing to do with anything that goes right.:D

Edited by gurru991