Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Watford (H) 25 Nov - Post-Match Thread

Jamie vardy is genuinely smarter than he gets credit for. He was on a booking for taking a shot after the whistle, yes it was petty but there’s a moment later after the goal where a similar thing happens, he looks like he’s going to do it again, and i think many would have. But he remembers he’s on a card and fakes it. 

Its just the little things like that is why he so rarely lets us down. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Would like to see Vardy or Cannon start next game, with the other rotated in at 60. Nacho offered so little until a couple flashes at about 50mins. 

We're bloody slow on the ball though, defence and Mads have been really laboured in passing the ball out and around. 

Don't see why we don't utilise our Wingers running in behind more.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i just don’t get this take, they were no where near us. yes we weren’t making as many chances as we could, but there’s absolutely nothing worrying about completely dominating a side for 90 mins 

I mean first half we struggled to create anything and the best chance for either side was the big lump up top for them having an airshot 

38 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh bore off. !

You're tiresome and seem to be doing the lions share of moaning on these threads.

I'm just warming up in the car and this post will be my only reply to you, as I truly can't be bothered to get into a "tennis slagging match"

"Moaning" - get over it, it's a forum,

It's part of it.

The content of my past post's have always commented on the entertainment value of matches, and my dislike of possession based football. It's not my cup of tea. 

I have posted many times that I understand the reasons for our current playing style and the mechanics of it, and I am behind it, and the team, as its bringing in the results. But as a paying fan I'm allowed to voice that whilst it's working and I'm ecstatic that we are winning, I, like a few others on here are bored at times. ( But I still park my arse on a seat each home match.)

First half today was a slow huff and a puff session. Second half much better.  It amazing what happens when we up the tempo. How much more entertaining we become for the short spells but more importantly how much more affective we are.

As mentioned I'm not a lover of our playing style, but if we just play  quicker more often, and stop over playing on the passing front and I'll be a lot happier

I understand what you're saying and agree that we can be boring at times but it's not quite as simple as us "upping the tempo" is it? The tempo generally stays the same for the most part, it's just that the other team are tired by that point and there is more gaps to exploit which leads to more opportunities which in turn fires is up a little more and the reason that they tire is because of the 70 minutes that proceeded that when we moved them around with our possession. 

Ofcourse I'm not trying to be condescending and realise that you no doubt understand this but I do think you've simplified it a bit. 

• Like 2

The result is the most important part of that game. Solid enough performance without creating very much.

No one played badly with the standout players being Hermansen and Vesty for Me.

Vesty stepped into the Winks role when the opportunity allowed and stepped up with the Header which lead to the breakthrough goal from Vardy.

Why we don't use him as an old fashioned CF when we're losing seems insane to me in a results business.

It's been a good day alround with results elsewhere going our way too.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Found that abit of a struggle at times, certainly the first half, second half we were abit more expansive, still couldn't see where a winner was actually come from, but duly, we got the winner!

I could lol we were battering them and just some great defending and bad luck stopped us, the second half we were great 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I could lol we were battering them and just some great defending and bad luck stopped us, the second half we were great 

We were, but as shown against Hull and Leeds (Middlesbrough maybe, I havn't seen alot of that game) when it ain't going in for us, it ain't going in.

Especially when Vardy comes on and spoons 2 over the bar you start thinking it ain't gonna be your day! lol 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Slow and ponderous first half, lucky to not concede their early chance, almost up there with Vardy’s missed chances. Improved up to half time then stepped it up second half. Good results with those behind dropping points. Back it up at Hillsborough on Wednesday before a tricky test against the Baggies next weekend 

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would like to see Vardy or Cannon start next game, with the other rotated in at 60. Nacho offered so little until a couple flashes at about 50mins. 

We're bloody slow on the ball though, defence and Mads have been really laboured in passing the ball out and around. 

Don't see why we don't utilise our Wingers running in behind more.

I agree on all points but we have been more laboured in other games and we didn’t give away many chances today. Mavidid looked brighter though I’d like to see him really take the defence on for pace and try and get a cross in. Same on the right too. Wasn’t a great game but we did create and were tight in defence albeit against inferior opponents than the last two games. We did miss winks in midfield though. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We gotta cut out this sparring match we seem to have with teams in the first half. Playing at 30 %. 

I'd prefer us to go out harder every now and then and try to win the game early. We have the talent to do so. 

Once we're 1 up it's easy and only look like scoring more, it's just getting the 1st/going ahead.

I appreciate it's easier said than done and the opposition are obviously going to make that hard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I agree on all points but we have been more laboured in other games and we didn’t give away many chances today. Mavidid looked brighter though I’d like to see him really take the defence on for pace and try and get a cross in. Same on the right too. Wasn’t a great game but we did create and were tight in defence albeit against inferior opponents than the last two games. We did miss winks in midfield though. 

We created a lot however we're so so wasteful, but limited them to even less. 

I felt Hamza did well actually, was everywhere he needed to be. Think we'll see our 60-90 min goals reappear now we have our midfield and winger options back

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Jamie vardy is genuinely smarter than he gets credit for. He was on a booking for taking a shot after the whistle, yes it was petty but there’s a moment later after the goal where a similar thing happens, he looks like he’s going to do it again, and i think many would have. But he remembers he’s on a card and fakes it. 

Its just the little things like that is why he so rarely lets us down. 

Tbf he also needlessly ploughed through a guy when on a yellow and was a little fortunate. Word in the ear from Enzo sorted him out.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I thought Nacho's performance was bordering on disgraceful today. Barely looked interested and his first touch was atrocious on the rare occasions he stayed onside

How much longer do we persevere with Nacho? 

For me he goes to third choice now. He obviously doesn't want to stay. Off to AFCON soon. 

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

How much longer do we persevere with Nacho? 

For me he goes to third choice now. He obviously doesn't want to stay. Off to AFCON soon. 

I've always backed him and have thought he's been mistreated at times but he didn't look arsed one bit. Vardy came on and was involved in all sorts, even if he missed some easy chances he was in the right place. We can't carry players like Nacho I'm afraid 

27 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I understand what you're saying and agree that we can be boring at times but it's not quite as simple as us "upping the tempo" is it? The tempo generally stays the same for the most part, it's just that the other team are tired by that point and there is more gaps to exploit which leads to more opportunities which in turn fires is up a little more and the reason that they tire is because of the 70 minutes that proceeded that when we moved them around with our possession. 

Ofcourse I'm not trying to be condescending and realise that you no doubt understand this but I do think you've simplified it a bit

No worries my friend. 👍

And yes the post was already turning into War and Peace in length so I was over simplifying it a bit, but your overall analysis was pretty much 'bob on'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Prior to the last two matches I haven't been panicking at all in matches. We've been consistently very strong in the last 15 mins. Seems we're back again. Good results elsewhere too.

We’re playing like a seasoned heavyweight boxer who doesn’t necessarily want to knock out his opponent with an early flurry of hammer blows. We prefer to keep them moving around the ring, until they tire then hit them late to win on points. 

• Like 3