Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Watford (H) 25 Nov - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We’re playing like a seasoned heavyweight boxer who doesn’t necessarily want to knock out his opponent with an early flurry of hammer blows. We prefer to keep them moving around the ring, until they tire then hit them late to win on points. 

That’s basically us this season summed up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I thought Nacho's performance was bordering on disgraceful today. Barely looked interested and his first touch was atrocious on the rare occasions he stayed onside

Probably why Rodgers never really trusted him. He’s very inconsistent and has a character that looks like he doesn’t care which probably betrays him. I thought he’d do better at this level. Time for Cannon and Daka I think. 

• Like 2

Thought we were so slow and ponderous the first half  and was getting so frustrated with Hamza just standing still constantly and passing backwards. Second half was much better more movement slightly quicker passing . Also Hamza who I don’t really rate was much much better and had a good second half so hats off to him . 

Guest glasgowfox

Maybe not in the right place so apologies if thats the case.....but I found getting a reliable stream an absolute nightmare today.  Ended up watching sky sports news.

First half was hard to watch. Didn't really give value to a set of fans who have the most ££ day in the football league. Second was better and lead by Vardy. I thought stephy was great all game and KDH was tidy. 

Really don't understand JJ at the minute. Looks a totally different player and pretty I effective at that. Didn't see him attempt an overlap even once. 

Final point - first time I've been in the stadium for a Tifo. It's unreal. Well done to UFS. You can see a hell of a lot of effort goes in and you can see the coordination they have to put in to pull it off. It's free of any arrogance what so ever. Like it or not ....we are lucky as fans to have a group doing this within the club. Thank you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Maybe not in the right place so apologies if thats the case.....but I found getting a reliable stream an absolute nightmare today.  Ended up watching sky sports news.

Sports-10 was decent second half but glitchy first half..

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I thought Nacho's performance was bordering on disgraceful today. Barely looked interested and his first touch was atrocious on the rare occasions he stayed onside

He's playing like a man with one foot out the door, abit like several players did last season. After AFCON, I dont think we'll see much of him.

Got the win, all that matters. 2nd, 3rd and 4th all dropped points.

Didn't realise until I was just looking on the bbc, out of the top 15 scorers in the league, Vardys got the 2nd best goals per minute in the league, ain't bad at 100 years old.

Yea he isn't premier league standard anymore, but he's doing a job in the championship.. considering he's missed a couple of sitters this season too. Hopefully he will have one of his goal bursts now

• Like 1

Kind of a repeat of most the season thus far.

Controlled the game, lucky to not go behind thanks to abysmal opposition finishing and then grabbed the goals that mattered.

Painful watch for the most part but another 3 points on the board.

Edited by adejo92

Very frustrating today - moving the quickly from defence is a problem as is our lack of goal threat when we get there. Nacho isn’t aggressive or goal hungry enough and Vards doesn’t have the legs. 

I think that Mads being so good with the ball is actually a downside for us at times as it’s so easy to pass the ball back rather than create movement forwards. When we transition quickly we’re good but don’t it nearly enough. 

Missed Winks today too -,KDH had too much creativity on his shoulders with Hamza basically just sitting in and offering little going forward.

Welcome 3 points though.

Edited by Balj
  • Like 1

First half was a slog. 

My opinion is we still haven’t quite got those high 8’s right. I thought KDH was excellent today to be fair, but for as good as Wilf has been, he just isn’t an attacking player in the sense of his movement off the ball. There were periods where Mads comes out and he’s looking to punch a pass into those advancing midfielders, and because there’s no interchangeable movement happening he has no options. Kalechi, was dropping deep but standing still, which causes congestions and limits the space for those players to run into. 

This causes the play to become slow and laboured and means we have to rely on the width and that makes it easy for the opponent to defend, because Kalechi isn’t moving they can just surround either Mavs or McAteer to slow us down. 

Second half we were more aggressive coming forward, KDH was having a superb game and Mavididi came to life also. Bringing Vardy and Fatawu on stretched the game a bit more and we were able to create more chances. Fabulous header from Vesty for Vardy’s goal….  

Keep banging the drum, but we’ve got to look at these two AM, we’ve got a bag of shit to play midweek, let’s try Praet with KDH, and N’didi in that inverted fullback role and see how we get on.

Overall I enjoyed that. Took us a bit of time to get going first half. But second half, we were very good. On another day Vardy has 4. KDH also hit the post. I’d add Stephy’s chance to the list as well as a very good opportunity. That’s 6 very good chances in just one half. To me that’s a very good performance. 

I think what the side are working on is moving that ball quicker. We look very good when we do but don’t seem to be consistent at doing it just yet. However, Enzo has had them for what 8 months ? Great weekend.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

But once again concerning we only scored twice. 

We've been taking so many chances . 

Yeah that needs to improve but I wasn't massively impressed with the amount we've created vs QPR, Leeds and Middlesborough so glad we at least created a load today.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Balj said:

Very frustrating today - moving the quickly from defence is a problem as is our lack of goal threat when we get there. Nacho isn’t aggressive or goal hungry enough and Vards doesn’t have the legs. 

I think that Mads being so good with the ball is actually a downside for us at times as it’s so easy to pass the ball back rather than create movement forwards. When we transition quickly we’re good but don’t it nearly enough. 

Missed Winks today too -,KDH had too much creativity on his shoulders with Hamza basically just sitting in and offering little going forward.

Welcome 3 points though.

Thought Hamza had a really good game. There was a lot of progressive passing in there and he was a real threat when pressing - possibly more than Winks. I thought Watford were terrible so its hard to gauge if he can do this role more often, but saying he offered little was way off the mark.

I thought Mavadidi had an excellent second half. Won a lot of 1 on 1 battles and was a significant threat. One of the best games ive seen him have for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1