Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Watford (H) 25 Nov - Post-Match Thread

Wore them down, total control, increased the tempo and it felt inevitable we'd score after Fatawu and Vardy came on. Mcateer wasn't at it, we will miss Fatawu a lot in Jan. Hamza did his best but we need a much better Winks cover that can control and penetrate. Not just water carry.

The Tifo was incredible, massive props to Chris and the lads 

• Like 2

Much better second half.  First half seemed like a hangover from the past months performances so it's good that we shook it off somewhat.

Still not convinced though about how many chances we need before we put goals away.  Our conversion ratio must be pretty poor I would of thought. 

Watford offered nothing.  They couldn't seem to decide over the 90 minutes whether to have a go or park the bus and in the end they did neither and just looked a bit like they didn't have a plan for us. 

A wins a win though and other results all went for us so it kind of wipes one of the defeats away from last time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Love seeing vardy punch himself, he still cares a lot.

Might be reading too much into it but looked like maybe he’s had a tough couple of weeks. Flying in to tackle, kicking the ball away, desperate the score. 

As I always say they’re all humans and have family stuff to deal with. 

Great to see him score after those two sitters though! 

No matter what, he’s 10,000x the person, player, attitude….god knows what else that Nacho is. I’m utterly sick of him. He’s an absolute waste of space and we need to cut the cord. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Might be reading too much into it but looked like maybe he’s had a tough couple of weeks. Flying in to tackle, kicking the ball away, desperate the score. 

As I always say they’re all humans and have family stuff to deal with. 

Great to see him score after those two sitters though! 

No matter what, he’s 10,000x the person, player, attitude….god knows what else that Nacho is. I’m utterly sick of him. He’s an absolute waste of space and we need to cut the cord. 

To be fair to Nacho he was having to come very deep I presume instructed to do so at points today he was in a defensive midfield role. That’s not his game he’s a goal scoring centre forward.

Just now, kyleolly said:

To be fair to Nacho he was having to come very deep I presume instructed to do so at points today he was in a defensive midfield role. That’s not his game he’s a goal scoring centre forward.

Buzzing to see this. Been waiting 6 years lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Highlight of the game for me, bar the win,  was having a competent referee!! Best performance by any ref for years. 

Made hard work of it, but it was a good win in the end. Vesty was great today. 

I'm still honestly in awe of the one time we had Frappart as ref in Europe (was it Zorya?) I remember a lot praised her on here and just as many belittled it or doused the replies with comments that insinuated the opinions were biased because of her gender.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Jamie vardy is genuinely smarter than he gets credit for. He was on a booking for taking a shot after the whistle, yes it was petty but there’s a moment later after the goal where a similar thing happens, he looks like he’s going to do it again, and i think many would have. But he remembers he’s on a card and fakes it. 

Its just the little things like that is why he so rarely lets us down. 

He literally dived in for a rather needless tackle on the halfway line moments after his goal. Fortunately he got the ball, but surely that was not the right decision.

We are supposedly runaway leaders and again limped past a very very poor Watford side. This isn't comfortable as so many suggest but another rather uncomfortable lesson in struggling to adjust to a a slow boring methodology of winning football matches.

I'm not looking to take anyone's enjoyment of points on the board but doesn't feel enjoyable rocking up week in week out. Sat here today "again" with people bored ot their skin. Hopefully the system will adjust to something more amenable as I can't see any future for us limping past weak sides fortuitously. 

• Haha 2

You’re kidding yourself if you think this is total football. The only time it had me off my seat before the 70th minute was when some bloke on my row went for a pie 15 minutes in.

Flattered to deceive yet again, wait until we get pumped week in week out next season. 

Terrible decision making, couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. A scrappy goal and a peno gets us out of the mess again.

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

You’re kidding yourself if you think this is total football. The only time it had me off my seat before the 70th minute was when some bloke on my row went for a pie 15 minutes in.

Flattered to deceive yet again, wait until we get pumped week in week out next season. 

Terrible decision making, couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. A scrappy goal and a peno gets us out of the mess again.

Hap hap hap hap hap hap happy talk 😂

17 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Apart from that it was fine!!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah that needs to improve but I wasn't massively impressed with the amount we've created vs QPR, Leeds and Middlesborough so glad we at least created a load today.

For sure, credit is due for that. We had 23 shots (8 on target, 2 Sky classed as clear cut) today. 

Compare that to:

- 12 (4 on target, 2 clear cut) Vs Boro, 

- 11 (6 on target, 1 clear cut) vs Leeds

- 16 (5 on target, 1 clear cut) Vs QPR

So we've clearly had more shots, so inferred we've made more opportunities. I'm hoping the break and return to fitness of numerous of our attacking players will see us create more. 

The worrying thing for me is for those 23 shots on target across 4 games we've had 4 goals. For the quality we have that just isn't good enough. I'm hoping this will improve with time however, but it's what has let us down in our 3 losses so far.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

This team wouldn’t get pumped every week in the prem and we have 2 transfer windows to improve things hopefully 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

This team wouldn’t get pumped every week in the prem and we have 2 transfer windows to improve things hopefully 

They would and if you don’t think they wouldn’t you’re delusional.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes not for the first time .

He is the captain but does get involved a bit too much tbh .

What was your take on the vardy 'foul' - your guy was certainly doing his best to make it seem like it was brutal?